Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

SJC Gates 31-36 (Interim Gates Facility)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SJC Gates 31-36 (Interim Gates Facility)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
I don't what kind of breeze you are talking about.

1. SFO - Direct BART service, every 15-20 minutes. Samtrans SFO-Millbrae Station shuttle with Caltrains or BART. Midnight options available.

2. OAK - Auxiliary BART service connecting main BART service, every 6 minutes. AC Transits Line 73 connecting OAK-Coliseum BART. Midnight options available.

3. SJC - VTA Airport Flyer (Route #10 ) is the only public transportation option going to SJC. Many connections with the Airport Flyer have questionable schedules. No midnight option.

And BART has no plan going to SJC.
If public transit access is your only criteria, perhaps. I don’t think it is for most.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:05 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by cptlflyer
If public transit access is your only criteria, perhaps. I don’t think it is for most.
OK, but the post you're replying to is in a chain of messages where the context is explicitly about reaching airports via public transportation. Start from post 6.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I would have to say public transportation is an important key, but not only.

FWIW - many major airports have added dedicated public transportation option even after the airports has been operating for a long time without it. So yes and again - SJC is still one of the worst among all 3 Bay Area airports.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Whenever I fly into SJC I pretty much expect to rent a car (or be picked up). I did take the airport bus once because I was staying in a nearby hotel and that seemed to go well, though.

Anyway, I like having the rental car garage be just across from B. Beats having to take a shuttle/train to some remote area.

(Back on topic: I have some upcoming travel so it should be interesting to see what this facility looks like.)
Old Dec 25, 2019, 1:25 pm

i would have to say public transportation is an important key, but not only.

Fwiw - many major airports have added dedicated public transportation option even after the airports has been operating for a long time without it. So yes and again - sjc is still one of the worst among all 3 bay area airports.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
OK, but the post you're replying to is in a chain of messages where the context is explicitly about reaching airports via public transportation. Start from post 6.
No, I’m disputing the statement:

SJC is perceived the worst airports among the 3 major one within the Bay Area, given that it is the only airport without convenient public transportation.
(The rest of that post by garykung is inaccurate, so really I’m questioning the whole thing.)
Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
No, I’m disputing the statement:

(The rest of that post by garykung is inaccurate, so really I’m questioning the whole thing.)
While I would love to have a constructive discussion on the topic, just saying you dispute it does not mean you have a point.

Beside, I have more to support my standpoint why public transportation (especially a mass transit system) is important for airport growth. For the top 10 busiest airports in the U.S., only 2 - LAS and MCO do not have a mass transit system. The rest of them have one. Some are even built years after the airports have been in service.

So I would have to say at least several airport authorities disagree with you.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by docbert
If LAX has a mass transit system, then so does SJC.

Neither has one that goes to the actual terminals, but both have free shuttles that run to local light rail/train stations.
Well...LAX is building one...

How about SJC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.