Wiki Posts
Search

What's happening in SFO April 6?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
What's happening in SFO April 6?

What is happening in SFO the week of April 6? I'm seeing hotels 2x as expensive as the average price.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluegatorade
What is happening in SFO the week of April 6? I'm seeing hotels 2x as expensive as the average price.
Also noticed higher than sensible prices on June 16.
I'm seeing $400 a night for South SF and Millbrea and $350 for San Bruno.
Edit - best I found was $240 a night at Hotel Focus. But they offer a $10/day park and fly, which, parking included, makes the price more palatable.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
That weekend before is dodgers at giants home opener fir season in SF

google cloud conference that week and an engineering conference.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:24 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
In mid June there is a tech conference occurring. Hotels set aside rooms until about 60 days before the conference thrn release those unhooked.
rickg523 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djp98374
That weekend before is dodgers at giants home opener fir season in SF

google cloud conference that week and an engineering conference.
I see the Google conference but didn't suspect that would have such a big impact on pricing. I have clients staying at the Ritz, which starts at $399, but is $1000 for the earlier part of the week of April 6. Crazy!
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In mid June there is a tech conference occurring. Hotels set aside rooms until about 60 days before the conference thrn release those unhooked.
Thanks. I'll recheck pricing in April.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:05 am

I see the Google conference but didn't suspect that would have such a big impact on pricing. I have clients staying at the Ritz, which starts at $399, but is $1000 for the earlier part of the week of April 6. Crazy!
Its possible RC has some senior corporate executive meeting at the hotel so a large national corporation with office in the top 25 markets have staff come and fill up the hotel.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Its possible RC has some senior corporate executive meeting at the hotel so a large national corporation with office in the top 25 markets have staff come and fill up the hotel.
Not just the RC though, StR, Fairmont, etc are all expensive. I was just referencing RC because I knew the $399 off of the top of my head
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Google Cloud draws 10,000+ in-person attendees, I believe. Of course not all are staying in hotels, but....
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:46 am

Not just the RC though, StR, Fairmont, etc are all expensive. I was just referencing RC because I knew the $399 off of the top of my head
I know...

what I was saying it that some individual hotels could have events only at their hotel using their conference room space and jut about everyone is set to stay at that hotel. Then a 90% fill will likely leave only the expensive rooms left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.