Search

SFO to move all Uber, Lyft pick ups to central parking lot

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Post SFO to move all Uber, Lyft pick ups to central parking lot

Finally! To put an end to the curbside chaos that has developed in the years since ride-sharing became the preferred way for most travelers to get to and from the airport, San Francisco International Airport (SFO) today took a drastic step.

Beginning Monday, June 3, it will relocate all domestic terminal pickups for Uber, Lyft, and Wingz to the top level of the domestic hourly parking garage.
International Terminal pickups will continue in the current curbside location, at the center island of the departure level roadway.
https://www.sfgate.com/travel/articl...medium=twitter
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Fantastic!!
people can still enjoy taxi convenience outside baggage claim.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
This needs to happen. The roadway is a mess, and the T-1 construction only exacerbates the problem.
Old May 2, 2019, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I'm thinking next time I'll just walk over to international for pickup.
squeakr likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhuey
I'm thinking next time I'll just walk over to international for pickup.
I thought the same from T2 or 3. From 1, not so sure.
Old May 2, 2019, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
This needs to happen. The roadway is a mess, and the T-1 construction only exacerbates the problem.
Actually T1 construction has nothing to do with the traffic mess, as most of the vehicles are stuck between T2 and T3 wanting to exit.

I thought the same from T2 or 3. From 1, not so sure.
The only connection between T1 and international terminal is the AirTrain. While you still can walk from T1 to international, it means that you have to walk T1 > T2 > T3 > IT.
Old May 3, 2019, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by garykung

The only connection between T1 and international terminal is the AirTrain. While you still can walk from T1 to international, it means that you have to walk T1 > T2 > T3 > IT.
Or cut through the parking lot from 1 to 3, and then to Int'l G. That's why the "not so sure" ... I should have continued writing the thought to "not so sure it is worth it."
Old May 3, 2019, 11:22 am

Or cut through the parking lot from 1 to 3, and then to Int'l G. That's why the "not so sure" ... I should have continued writing the thought to "not so sure it is worth it."
I've never done that. If I take the T1 tunnel, which way do I turn to get to the T3 tunnel? I know I can go right, but not sure if left is faster or even possible.
Old May 3, 2019, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by dhuey
I've never done that. If I take the T1 tunnel, which way do I turn to get to the T3 tunnel? I know I can go right, but not sure if left is faster or even possible.
When you come out from the underground tunnel/overhead bridge from T1, you are at B (Note: All letter locations are corresponding to their respective boarding area). Them you go around the road at the center and reach F. Then take the underground tunnel/overhead bridge to T3.
ryw likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by garykung
When you come out from the underground tunnel/overhead bridge from T1, you are at B (Note: All letter locations are corresponding to their respective boarding area). Them you go around the road at the center and reach F. Then take the underground tunnel/overhead bridge to T3.
It is well-signed. I've done it at least once (from Amex Lounge to T1).
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:59 pm

We're off to a bad start with the new pickup zone.

Sunday was a chaotic night for Uber, Lyft at SFO
https://www.sfgate.com/travel/articl...O-13965138.php

Note two potential workarounds while this gets sorted out: "A couple rideshare work-arounds until the kinks are worked out: Walk to the International Terminal and call your car from there-- pickups are still at departures level roadways. Or pay more for an Uber Black or SUV, which are still allowed to pick up at domestic departures curbside. And of course, you can always walk down to the arrivals level and take a taxi, or walk (or AirTrain) to the BART station."
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Or take AirTrain to rental car center and request ride from there.
ryw likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has this actually started yet? I was at SFO last Monday and Lyft picked me up at arrivals, door 10 I think.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:49 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone done the walk-across-the-parking-lot-roof shortcut from BART to T1 (or otherwise) after these changes? While the International-T1 walkway is under construction, I've been walking across the top of the parking lot without too much trouble, but I suspect with the new rideshare pickup zones, there'll be too much dodging of cars. (Can the same walk be done on one of the lower parking lot floors?)
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryw
Has anyone done the walk-across-the-parking-lot-roof shortcut from BART to T1 (or otherwise) after these changes? While the International-T1 walkway is under construction, I've been walking across the top of the parking lot without too much trouble, but I suspect with the new rideshare pickup zones, there'll be too much dodging of cars. (Can the same walk be done on one of the lower parking lot floors?)
I've walked across from 3 to 1 on the lowest level without issue. There's decent signage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.