SFO to move all Uber, Lyft pick ups to central parking lot

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO to move all Uber, Lyft pick ups to central parking lot

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by mizzou65201
Will be arriving SFO in a couple of weeks and curious to know whether anything has changed (good or bad) for Uber/Lyft wait times in the new-ish garage pickup configuration. Considering taking a regular cab from curbside if the schlep to garage + wait time is bad. Arriving around noon on a Friday if that makes a difference.
If you are arriving on United (T3), might be easier to walk over to International Departures and request your ride from there.

Otherwise, it is on level 5 of the domestic parking garage (except for the "high end" black/luxury rides which are still curbside).
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Originally Posted by malgudi
If you are arriving on United (T3), might be easier to walk over to International Departures and request your ride from there.

Otherwise, it is on level 5 of the domestic parking garage (except for the "high end" black/luxury rides which are still curbside).
Yes, I was wondering more specifically if there are ongoing issues with lengthy wait times for a car in the garage pickup zone. The price difference between a Lyft/Uber vs a regular taxi is now pretty slim as best as I can tell, so there is some appeal in the cab being both closer and not having a wait time.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:45 pm

As of today, premium Uber products,Uber Comfort, Uber Select and Uber XL, can go curbside for pickups.
squeakr likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
As of today, premium Uber products,Uber Comfort, Uber Select and Uber XL, can go curbside for pickups.
It's a trial ... Lyft is not participating, wonder why
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:36 pm

Uber/Lyft now averages around $25 - $30 to downtown SF? If I recall, yellow cab has a $35 flat from SFO into the city when using the App.

PS - It doesn't mean it's available tomorrow, and, if so, the rate may have changed. Past history isn't a guarantee of future performance, yada, yada....
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by Visconti
Uber/Lyft now averages around $25 - $30 to downtown SF? If I recall, yellow cab has a $35 flat from SFO into the city when using the App.

PS - It doesn't mean it's available tomorrow, and, if so, the rate may have changed. Past history isn't a guarantee of future performance, yada, yada....
The main advantage of a yellow cab in this context is able to walk-up to the taxi line out of arrivals. If that fare is only via the app, would it apply in this context?

tb
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by trueblu
The main advantage of a yellow cab in this context is able to walk-up to the taxi line out of arrivals. If that fare is only via the app, would it apply in this context?

tb
Possibly avoid the garage?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by Visconti
Possibly avoid the garage?
Sure, I get that. I was asking if one could use an "app-only" fare by walking up to the line of parked taxis? I doubt yellow cabs would come curb-side at the airport for a pick-up...

tb
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:46 pm

Is it this GoSFO app based fare? It says it's for trips to SFO.

https://yellowcabsf.com/easy-flat-ra...o-sfo-just-35/

-David
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Is it this GoSFO app based fare? It says it's for trips to SFO.

https://yellowcabsf.com/easy-flat-ra...o-sfo-just-35/
Yes. Unfortunately, they don't offer from SFO and the 20% mandatory tip.

Given my issues with the Int'l T area the past couple of years, I was hoping this would be similar to a service I've used in the past, flatrateatc.com (not an endorsement or recommendation), but with the $35 flat fee. Not sure about now, but pickup was at the curb for taxis & limos. During late nights, I find it challenging locating my Uber/Lyft driver in the middle of all the congestion, and may use them again next time.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:38 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I really think the garage situation is getting better. I flew in on a recent Sunday night and it was incredibly busy but I still only waited maybe 10 minutes for my car, including the time to walk from baggage claim.

The Uber app is offering specific pickup zones in the garage and I've found if I pick the one next to the one it offers me, I do just fine. If it offers me F1 for a United pickup, I just pick F2 or F3 and have a bit smaller crowd.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:07 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Did a T2 pickup today and was the only one waiting at the pickup zone. Maybe 1 minute of waiting time. On a Sunday.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Did a T2 pickup today and was the only one waiting at the pickup zone. Maybe 1 minute of waiting time. On a Sunday.
Thanksgiving week ahead. Likely very few people flying in for work this week.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
I will be needing an Uber XL or Lyft XL in early January. I read up-thread that these were available curbside; is that still the case?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:36 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
2 month waiver from Nov 20 2019 so you should be good

Originally Posted by mangoMan
I will be needing an Uber XL or Lyft XL in early January. I read up-thread that these were available curbside; is that still the case?
2 month waiver from Nov 20 2019
https://www.flysfo.com/curbside-pick...-select-and-xl

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.