Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Is there no Starbucks at SFO T3 airside?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there no Starbucks at SFO T3 airside?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
You can get nice coffee at Super Duper and Fraiche if you want alternates for Peet’s and Starbucks. Once I’m airside, I’m happy to have coffee from any of those vendors.
I def love napa valley farms in T2 but once I’m closer to the gates, I’m quite fine with a Peets even after having had the Napa valley farms.

And yes, as an American citizen, I prefer to buy Starbucks before Peet’s / caribou if these are the only choices. Plus I can use the Sbux pay app from my phone at the sbux at the airport - can’t do that with Peet’s app (hopefully someone contradicts me on this) :-)
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:24 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by gaobest
Plus I can use the Sbux pay app from my phone at the sbux at the airport - can’t do that with Peet’s app (hopefully someone contradicts me on this) :-)
I will.
Peet's Rewards

Use your digital Peet's Card in the app for a faster way to check in, pay, and redeem offers all at once.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
The Peet’s at T2 has signs that they won’t function with the app there. I’ve even asked. The staff can’t use the app so I can’t use the app. Sad!
i wish I could use my Peet’s app at Peet’s at sfo. Ugh
also it’s nobody’s true fault but Peet’s corporate family also owns Caribou and I can’t use the Peet’s app at caribou. Blah.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Unless things have changed, there is a Starbucks in T3 baggage claim area that is often crowded, but of course that is landside. There are 2 others that are landside in the International Terminal - one just before the TSA checkpoint, and one just outside the customs exit.

Originally Posted by mapu
Suffered through a cup of Peet’s “coffee” this morning and don’t want to experience that again. Thanks
If you like weak coffee then I can see how Peets might be too flavorful. Maybe you should try OAK which has Starbucks airside in T1 and T2. There is also an Emporio Ruili (sp) in the T3 rotunda but I expect their coffee is decent aka strong as well.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:19 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by gaobest
The Peet’s at T2 has signs that they won’t function with the app there. I’ve even asked. The staff can’t use the app so I can’t use the app. Sad!
i wish I could use my Peet’s app at Peet’s at sfo. Ugh
also it’s nobody’s true fault but Peet’s corporate family also owns Caribou and I can’t use the Peet’s app at caribou. Blah.
Pretty sure you can't use the app there because the airport Peet's are franchised/licensed.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by Boraxo
... If you like weak coffee then I can see how Peets might be too flavorful. ...
LOL
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by nnn
Pretty sure you can't use the app there because the airport Peet's are franchised/licensed.
Same with Starbucks airport / supermarket locations. Notwithstanding that, somehow, something called technology has somehow permitted said locations to accept mobile / Starbucks Card payments.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Boraxo

If you like weak coffee then I can see how Peets might be too flavorful.
Even if you make "weak coffee" with Peets beans, it will still taste over-roasted, and therefore "too flavo(u)rful." That said, I'll drink whatever airport coffee is convenient and doesn't have much of a line.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Same with Starbucks airport / supermarket locations. Notwithstanding that, somehow, something called technology has somehow permitted said locations to accept mobile / Starbucks Card payments.
True, but it did take them a while. Once upon a time, such locations did not accept Starbucks cards. Eventually, they did. (I've used Starbucks cards for about 15 years now, so I've witnessed this progress firsthand.)

As for "over-roasted" beans, even though you mentioned it wrt to Peet's, it is also a complaint many people have about Starbucks. One possible solution is to order a Starbucks coffee drink made with a blonde roast. (Don't know if Peet's has this type of less-roasted bean as well.)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:43 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
One possible solution is to order a Starbucks coffee drink made with a blonde roast. (Don't know if Peet's has this type of less-roasted bean as well.)
Peet's has at least two light roast blends. At the store which I frequent, they generally brew a dark roast, a light roast and decaf coffee.

I generally drink Peet's dark roast coffee blends; I find Peet's versions to have caramel and bittersweet chocolate notes compared to Starbucks dark blends which, in my opinion, have a dominant charred flavor.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:43 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
OK, but I buy $100 in Peet's cards at Costco for $80. If I use the full $100, Peet's is eating some of the $, but of course they are getting my patronage at their store. If I were to use the Peet's card at a franchised location, who would eat the $, and why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.