Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Security at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:54 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Zorak
Was she possibly referring to using the T1-C checkpoint for DL and then crossing back to T2-D through the airside connector? Or saying that there's a semi-secret Precheck between the two?
And if using T1, isn't the remodel construction scheduled to start this weekend? Which if yes, perhaps that added to the fray?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by goalie
And if using T1, isn't the remodel construction scheduled to start this weekend? Which if yes, perhaps that added to the fray?
That wouldn't add anything, because the construction area checkpoint is in a separate secured area from either the Int'l A or T1 (C) which is connected to T2 checkpoints.

That said, a few weeks ago, T2 precheck was to the door (maybe 10 minutes), and outside the door by the time I got to the front of the line.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Was she possibly referring to using the T1-C checkpoint for DL and then crossing back to T2-D through the airside connector? Or saying that there's a semi-secret Precheck between the two?
I think she would have realized she was going all the way over to T1-C, but maybe not. I'll be there later today and investigate if I have time. I gotsta know.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by dhuey
I think she would have realized she was going all the way over to T1-C, but maybe not.
On further reflection the "Pre-check only, and limited hours" makes me think you're right, and now I'm pretty curious to find out too
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:14 pm

On further reflection the "Pre-check only, and limited hours" makes me think you're right, and now I'm pretty curious to find out too
I just walked over there. She must have used Precheck in T1-C. So, no secret at all. Still, now that there is the airside hallway, T1-C security is worth considering if T2 lines are unusually long.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:20 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
According to my friend, there is another Precheck line "to the right down the hallway past the bathrooms. Pre-check only, and limited hours (am only according to the sign)."
There used to be an overflow line in that approximate area, intended for crew/concessions but also open to other passengers. Last time I tried to use it (maybe a year ago?) it was closed off. Maybe that line is open again for Precheck?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
There used to be an overflow line in that approximate area, intended for crew/concessions but also open to other passengers. Last time I tried to use it (maybe a year ago?) it was closed off. Maybe that line is open again for Precheck?
Given how she walked down a hallway, I think she must have gone to T1-C.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 9:46 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Given how she walked down a hallway, I think she must have gone to T1-C.
That's certainly possible, but this other alternate line had a "hallway" - maybe 50 feet into the side of the lobby area... it was really inconspicuous; looked like a service entrance
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
That's certainly possible, but this other alternate line had a "hallway" - maybe 50 feet into the side of the lobby area... it was really inconspicuous; looked like a service entrance
Hmmm... Now I'm not so sure of anything.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 10:39 am

Busier day than usual at SFO. Precheck line at T3-F took 8 minutes. It's remarkable how much faster the Precheck line moves. Not many inexperienced travelers in there to bring things to a halt.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:13 pm

This morning Precheck was the usual very short line at T3-F. However, it was a long and slow-moving line at T1-C (Delta gates). I opted for the priority line and kicked off my shoes. I was through in about 10 minutes. Looked like Precheck would have taken 15-20 minutes.

Last edited by dhuey; Sep 26, 2017 at 12:41 pm
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
This morning Precheck was the usual very short line at T3-F. However, it was a long and slow-moving line at T1-C (Delta gates). I opted for the priority line and kicked off my shoes. I was through in about 10 minutes. Looked like Precheck would have taken 15-20 minutes.
I'm surprised you didn't use the line at T2 if you were walking from 3 to 1 (presumably for your complimentary morning mimosa and breakfast at the AX lounge )
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I'm surprised you didn't use the line at T2 if you were walking from 3 to 1 (presumably for your complimentary morning mimosa and breakfast at the AX lounge )
I should have noted that T2 Precheck also was long, so I kept walking. I was so sure that there would be no one in the T1-C Precheck line. Nope.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Are the terminals connected inside after security at SFO?

Im going to be landing in Terminal 1 but would like to either goto Terminal 3 or the International Terminal to use my priority pass. Can I make it from T1 to T3 or international terminal from the airside?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:19 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Are the terminals connected inside after security at SFO?

Im going to be landing in Terminal 1 but would like to either goto Terminal 3 or the International Terminal to use my priority pass. Can I make it from T1 to T3 or international terminal from the airside?
No. And unless you have a lot of time to kill or an extreme interest, it's not really worth it just for PP.

Master thread: Connecting in SFO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.