Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2013, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: fanger
Parking Options at SJC

Please help by adding info that you happen to know! Thanks.

Airport short and long term parking

Airport hotel parking

---Radisson (to become Starwood)

---La Quinta

---Doubletree (http://www.quikparksjc.com/) PNF doesn't appear to work as of 21 Aug 2019 Also try/compare: https://www.pnf.com/airport-parking/sjc-san-jose-airport-parking/doubletree-san-jose

---San Jose Airport Garden Hotel (pretty good prices to stay and park)
http://sjcairporthotel.com/rooms/specials-packages#fly

Private Lots

---Park N Travel
Print Wikipost

Parking at SJC?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 3:42 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

For shorter stays, if you don't mind the hassle, you can park for free at River Oaks light rail station and then take the Light Rail to the shuttle bus at Airport station.

Parking at River Oaks is limited to 3 days, but nothing has happened to me the few times I've squeezed a 4th day out. I doubt they check on weekends/holidays.

The main hassle is that the airport shuttle bus only runs once every 30 minutes on weekends and holidays, there are plenty of light rail trains. Weekdays are better -- there is a shuttle every 15 minutes.

If you want longer free parking, more distant light rail stations (such as Evelyn in Mountain View, which is never crowded, or I880/Milpitas) offer free parking for up to 7 days.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:43 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Quik Park SJC (Doubletree) now $27??

The website for the Doubletree airport parking (Quik Park SJC, run by Ace) still lists the $11.00 rate. Looking at any dates, though, shows $27. Also, external sites like Spothero come in at about $25.

I have a call into them to see if this is a substantial increase (most likely, unfortunately) or a glitch. This would be a game changer for us.

http://www.quikparksjc.com/

Cheers.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:02 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just wanted to follow up (in case anyone eventually reads this ).

They had raised the rate for a special even this week and, according to what I was told, it gets changed for the eternity of the schedule if they do that. After speaking with them, he said that he would return it to the regular rate ($10)...and he did.

Interestingly, it is actually $8 from Now through 8/11, and then goes to $10- so apparently they can set the rate on date ranges. And we have a trip that hits one of those days. $2 savings, woo hoo!!!

Cheers.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Quikpark SJC/Doubletree still good?

Yelp reviews decidedly mixed but not too many current ones. I figure mostly disgruntled customers for these. Just checked, $10 a day for the Labor Day week + $2 fee, slightly lower than the website quote of $11 a day for reservations; $14.99 non-reservation.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:50 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fanger
Yelp reviews decidedly mixed but not too many current ones. I figure mostly disgruntled customers for these. Just checked, $10 a day for the Labor Day week + $2 fee, slightly lower than the website quote of $11 a day for reservations; $14.99 non-reservation.
First, thanks for your timely post. The price here was listed as $18 until a day or two ago. Your post made me look again and re-do 3 reservations to use them now ($18 is too much). In fact Labor day weekend is one of the trips...so the timing is excellent

We use this place often, and still like it. Not perfect. Often mornings can be busy- although they're better about adding a shuttle in these cases than they used to be, so we rarely have to wait.
Pickups are pretty quick. Maybe 50% of the time the number on the ticket to call (programmed into my phone) goes to voicemail. I also have the hotel # in the same record (408-453-4000) and call that if so. Then I believe it's option #3 to get to them.

Can't beat them for location and access. We come from/go to 880 S. We actually go through the airport both ways to get there and it's faster than not.

Cheers.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:31 pm

Doesn't Park N Fly use the same Doubletree lot at $9/day?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:43 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't believe that there is a Park N Fly for SJC (at least not that I can find). Just OAK and SFO.

But pretty sure that on one else uses the Doubletree lot besides QuikPark (Ace).

Cheers.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by brp
I don't believe that there is a Park N Fly for SJC (at least not that I can find). Just OAK and SFO.

But pretty sure that on one else uses the Doubletree lot besides QuikPark (Ace).

Cheers.
https://www.pnf.com/airport-parking/...etree-san-jose
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:37 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! Google failed me!
It looks like they have a $4 ($3.95) fee, but Ace has a $2 fee, so pretty comparable. Seeing $9 for my dates, so a $1 savings. I assume that they use the same Doubletree shuttles.

What's interesting is that even other parts of the same website don't know about SJC. it's not on their list

https://www.pnf.com/frequent-parker-program

(But it is elsewhere on the site as a "partner")

I'm going to keep what I have for the current trip because the difference is only a couple of buck. Would love to hear a report from anyone who does this via the PnF link s to whether it works the same.

Cheers,
Troopers likes this.

Last edited by brp; Aug 29, 2018 at 4:46 pm
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:42 pm

SJC Doubletree

I also tried the PNF link for $9. Thanks, Troopers!
Troopers likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:44 am

I had made a Park and Fly reservation prior to finding out about the QuikPark option from Troopers. I canceled the PnF and booked via QuikPark. As was pointed out by brp, the booking fee was $3.95 insteaed of $2 but the daily rate was $9 instead of $10.

I had no problems at all- I printed out a copy of the confirmation and presented it on arrival. However, the website says you can present the code to the attendant- a printout is not required unlike many others. In addition, the cancellation deadline is supposedly 1 min before the reservation start time.

On return I called for a shuttle pickup but perhaps did not need to- menu option 3 on the phone, and provided the ticket number. However, car was not retrieved until I got to the Doubletree- took a little less than 10 min.

I was happy with this, and would use again.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:01 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had made a Park and Fly reservation prior to finding out about the QuikPark option from Troopers. I canceled the PnF and booked via QuikPark. As was pointed out by brp, the booking fee was $3.95 insteaed of $2 but the daily rate was $9 instead of $10.

I had no problems at all- I printed out a copy of the confirmation and presented it on arrival. However, the website says you can present the code to the attendant- a printout is not required unlike many others. In addition, the cancellation deadline is supposedly 1 min before the reservation start time.

On return I called for a shuttle pickup but perhaps did not need to- menu option 3 on the phone, and provided the ticket number. However, car was not retrieved until I got to the Doubletree- took a little less than 10 min.

I was happy with this, and would use again.
One thing to consider about this (and I forget about it until they send reminders) is that the AirportParkingConnection linkage that one gets booking directly with QuikParkSJC comes with 10% back. Spend on parking is accumulated and one can get gift cards (Amazon, Target, Starbucks are the ones I recall). I recently cashed in $250 in spend fpr a $25 Amazon GC.

So, not quite the same as cash but, if these GCs are something that one would use. the rate is effectively the same between the two, with a smaller booking fee.

Cheers.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by brp
One thing to consider about this (and I forget about it until they send reminders) is that the AirportParkingConnection linkage that one gets booking directly with QuikParkSJC comes with 10% back. Spend on parking is accumulated and one can get gift cards (Amazon, Target, Starbucks are the ones I recall). I recently cashed in $250 in spend fpr a $25 Amazon GC.

So, not quite the same as cash but, if these GCs are something that one would use. the rate is effectively the same between the two, with a smaller booking fee.

Cheers.
Thanks for the tip. For some reason that day I was unable to establish a frequent-parker account during the booking. Possibly an issue with my computer or firewall, I don't know.

I actually don't think I've used SJC before in the last 20 years or so; will keep it in mind in the future. 880 traffic is brutal though, making it somewhat less favorable for evening flights for me.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:49 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I actually don't think I've used SJC before in the last 20 years or so; will keep it in mind in the future. 880 traffic is brutal though, making it somewhat less favorable for evening flights for me.
Because we live in the South Bay, SJC is our much-preferred airport. Closer, easier in/out- although the lounges are better at SFO

Cheers.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:21 pm

And poof, PNF at SJC is gone..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.