Parking at SJC?

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 12, 18, 9:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: fanger
Wiki Link
Parking Options at SJC

Please help by adding info that you happen to know! Thanks.

Airport short and long term parking

Airport hotel parking

---Radisson (to become Starwood)

---La Quinta

---Doubletree (http://www.quikparksjc.com/) Also try/compare: https://www.pnf.com/airport-parking/...etree-san-jose

---San Jose Airport Garden Hotel (pretty good prices to stay and park)
http://sjcairporthotel.com/rooms/specials-packages#fly

Private Lots

---Park N Travel
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 9, 12, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Parking at SJC?

Discovered a few minutes before I was headed to SJC the other day that De La Cruz parking has closed down. I ended up using the Economy parking lot ($15/day) which is good, but 70% more expensive than De La Cruz was.

Any other good non-valet parking recommendations? Doubletree is out because it's Valet only (plus you need to pre-book to get the good rates). Price is important, but so is frequency of shuttle/security/etc.
Old Sep 9, 12, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by docbert View Post
Discovered a few minutes before I was headed to SJC the other day that De La Cruz parking has closed down. I ended up using the Economy parking lot ($15/day) which is good, but 70% more expensive than De La Cruz was.

Any other good non-valet parking recommendations? Doubletree is out because it's Valet only (plus you need to pre-book to get the good rates). Price is important, but so is frequency of shuttle/security/etc.
Oh no! I was planning on using De La Cruz in a couple weeks
Old Sep 9, 12, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA, HH, SPG
We've used Park N Travel at the other end of Coleman Ave - it's just off 880, about 2 blocks past the Coleman Ave entrance to the airport. They're ok. You can also make a reservation, which I recommend. Once or twice they were slow when it was busy, so leave plenty of time. Definitely cheaper than regular airport parking.
Old Sep 10, 12, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Originally Posted by JerryFF View Post
We've used Park N Travel at the other end of Coleman Ave - it's just off 880, about 2 blocks past the Coleman Ave entrance to the airport. They're ok. You can also make a reservation, which I recommend. Once or twice they were slow when it was busy, so leave plenty of time. Definitely cheaper than regular airport parking.
I did actually look at them briefly after I realized De La Cruz was closed, but I'm never a fan of pre-booking/pre-paying (if only because my plans frequently change), and their normal rate is $10/day+tax, plus a $3 "Airport Access fee". For a 3 day stay, that's only a few dollars a day less than the airport economy lot.

They have a coupon for 10% off a 3+ day stay, but only if your stay doesn't include Tuesday/Wednesday.
Old Sep 11, 12, 12:22 am
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
deleted
Old Jan 3, 13, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Any other SJC recommendations?

Not too many threads in this forum; most are quite old. The other recent thread (2012) is about one of those web reservations sites.
Old Jan 6, 13, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Amex Plat
For day trips (like a MR I did two years ago) on the weekends, I just parked near the airport's cell phone lot and took the free VTA bus. It's 2-hour restricted parking on weekdays, but on weekends you can park there all day, and it's free.
Old Jan 6, 13, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I parked at the Radisson for about a week at Christmas, got $8/day rate, covered parking in their structure. Ended up staying one extra day, they didn't bother charging me for it.

Reserved through this site: http://www.airportparkingreservation...rt_parking_sjc

Google for $5 coupon.
Old Jan 21, 13, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Does anyone know which SJC lots (in addition to the Radisson and La Quinta) have indoor/covered parking?

Last edited by jeebus; Jan 21, 13 at 10:39 am
Old May 28, 13, 9:28 pm

Should we/can we make a wikipost header for this thread as well, or start a new one?

I don't know who's setting those up.
Old May 28, 13, 10:45 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fanger View Post
I don't know who's setting those up.
Any member with 90 days and at least 90 posts can -- I qualify, as do you, but I have no idea how to do it!

Defective moderator training, I guess....

Edited to add: AHA! I found it. Under "thread tools" there is a start wiki option. I'm got it started but it is currently devoid of meaningful content. If you have the information click on "edit" for the wiki and add what you know.

Last edited by RichardInSF; May 28, 13 at 10:56 pm
Old Jun 1, 13, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Radisson SJC is no longer part of the chain and will eventually convert to a Starwood property. Anyone know if there have been changes in their parking for non-guests?
Old Jun 4, 13, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
Any member with 90 days and at least 90 posts can -- I qualify, as do you, but I have no idea how to do it!

Defective moderator training, I guess....

Edited to add: AHA! I found it. Under "thread tools" there is a start wiki option. I'm got it started but it is currently devoid of meaningful content. If you have the information click on "edit" for the wiki and add what you know.
Thanks for doing that. I actually haven't done any parking at SJC myself and was hoping that those in the know could share.
Old Sep 2, 13, 12:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
San Jose Airport Garden Hotel
http://sjcairporthotel.com/rooms/specials-packages#fly

Stay and park deal here for $109, park up to 14 days. The hotel itself is older, slightly small rooms, but very comfortable. Shuttles every 30 minutes.

Last edited by Doc Savage; Sep 2, 13 at 12:48 am
Old May 17, 15, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JerryFF View Post
We've used Park N Travel at the other end of Coleman Ave - it's just off 880, about 2 blocks past the Coleman Ave entrance to the airport.
I've never parked here so I can't comment on the actual parking, but based on their shuttle drivers there's not a chance I ever would.

Twice now I've seen them turn left against a red arrow to turn into their driveway - most recently last night when they were close enough that the driver in front of me headed in the opposite direction braked as their shuttle made the turn (realistically it wasn't close enough for them to have needed to brake, but...).

They also seem to not understand what stopping before turning right on red means (Airport Blvd turning onto Coleman). I don't mean a "California Stop", but a "hardly touch the brakes at all" stop...

Search this Thread