FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parking at SJC?
Thread: Parking at SJC?
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:01 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fanger
I had made a Park and Fly reservation prior to finding out about the QuikPark option from Troopers. I canceled the PnF and booked via QuikPark. As was pointed out by brp, the booking fee was $3.95 insteaed of $2 but the daily rate was $9 instead of $10.

I had no problems at all- I printed out a copy of the confirmation and presented it on arrival. However, the website says you can present the code to the attendant- a printout is not required unlike many others. In addition, the cancellation deadline is supposedly 1 min before the reservation start time.

On return I called for a shuttle pickup but perhaps did not need to- menu option 3 on the phone, and provided the ticket number. However, car was not retrieved until I got to the Doubletree- took a little less than 10 min.

I was happy with this, and would use again.
One thing to consider about this (and I forget about it until they send reminders) is that the AirportParkingConnection linkage that one gets booking directly with QuikParkSJC comes with 10% back. Spend on parking is accumulated and one can get gift cards (Amazon, Target, Starbucks are the ones I recall). I recently cashed in $250 in spend fpr a $25 Amazon GC.

So, not quite the same as cash but, if these GCs are something that one would use. the rate is effectively the same between the two, with a smaller booking fee.

Cheers.