Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: big pimpin'
What is the easiest game to earn points?

Need to top off a few accounts, and this seems to be the cheapest/easiest game...what is the consensus on the best bang for the time spent? Is it still the Matt Lauer game (even through rewards have been cut in half)? Cheers!
Old May 20, 2008, 11:26 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by sbagdon
It's AA-Tue!

Still appear to be posting gasp for 4/20-4/24 and 5/4-5/9, for 2500 redemptions.

Steve B.
Are you saying you had some from 5/4-5/9 that posted? I had some on the 7th that didn't seem to make it today.
Old May 20, 2008, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by edlin303
Are you saying you had some from 5/4-5/9 that posted? I had some on the 7th that didn't seem to make it today.
I'm in the same boat -- my 5/6 redemption has not posted to AA. Assuming sbagdon is not mistaken, I'm guessing the cut-off must have been 5/4 or 5/5 for AA postings this week.
Old May 20, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by edlin303
Just reviewed the data, let me go more granular... going by my compiled data, we've had no non-2500s redeemed for those time-frames. All of the non-postings were 2500s. So there might have been some 100s/500s/1000s that could have posted, we just don't have any data to show that.

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
I'm in the same boat -- my 5/6 redemption has not posted to AA. Assuming sbagdon is not mistaken, I'm guessing the cut-off must have been 5/4 or 5/5 for AA postings this week.
That's where it gets tricky. Without having the ability to functionally link a 3xxxxx LSC number to an AA posting, there's no way to reconcile. For instance, if you redeemed on 5/3, 5/7, 5/11 and 5/17, and you have two postings on aa.com for 5/12 and 5/18, it just seems logical the first two were skipped, correct?

Again... without being able to reconcile 3xxxxx to aa.com, there's no definite answers. Yet we have enough raw data to be concerned with the date-ranges of Apr 20th-24th and May 4th-9th. The loss isn't the mileage... it's the time. We've just accepted that there will be a statistical loss (one missed character in the redemption page could null the redemption, failed back-end processes, etc), and figure... hey... it's free...

[edit] went back and re-audited all redemptions and posting. Appears aa.com changed the posting dates on some old statements, so the data has completely shifted. So... so much for granular analsys. So back to my previous statements... it's free, so what can you do?

Steve B.

Last edited by sbagdon; May 20, 2008 at 1:52 pm
Old May 20, 2008, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
sbagdon:

Since I only have redeemed 2500-milers, and I make the assumption that they are following FIFO in the absence of hard evidence that they are not, it's pretty easy for me to determine that my 5/6 redemption has not posted yet.

Given that we are not beyond the typical time frame that these AA miles post, I'm not concerned at the moment. However, if numerous FTers start claiming that 5/8 or 5/9 redemptions have posted to their account already, then I begin to wonder whether I am faced with a potential problem.
Old May 20, 2008, 2:32 pm
hmv

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
My redemption was also 5/6 and still didn't got them, so i think we will recieve them next week.
Old May 20, 2008, 3:16 pm

sbagdon: I can confirm that a 2500 from 4/24 did post (last tuesday). I believe that they are posting with the date MS approved and submitted your request for fulfillment. The date definitely does not reflect the date requested based on my results.
Old May 20, 2008, 7:48 pm

everything up to 5/3 have posted

anything after that will come next week
Old May 21, 2008, 7:00 am

I was careful to track redemptions against postings, using aa.com's original posting dates... it's the posting dates shifting (from memory) with no screen-shots that lead to confused tracking. Yet the postings dates seem to have shifted, so it's anyone's guess now. I'd very much prefer to believe that FIFO is occuring. We'll know when we all max out the LSC accounts, then wait a few weeks for everything to post. I suspect everything will turn out well in the end. I'm just frustrated that (a) the redemption confirmation email doesn't include all the redemption entry fields (so you can confirm that you entered the correct name/account), and (b) there appears to be no way to reconcile 3xxxxx numbers against postings on aa.com. The first is easy to fix... cut-and-paste only. The second... more of a challenge.

Steve B.
Old May 21, 2008, 9:02 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott and Starwood
I was careful to track redemptions against postings, using aa.com's original posting dates... it's the posting dates shifting (from memory) with no screen-shots that lead to confused tracking. Yet the postings dates seem to have shifted, so it's anyone's guess now. I'd very much prefer to believe that FIFO is occuring. We'll know when we all max out the LSC accounts, then wait a few weeks for everything to post. I suspect everything will turn out well in the end. I'm just frustrated that (a) the redemption confirmation email doesn't include all the redemption entry fields (so you can confirm that you entered the correct name/account), and (b) there appears to be no way to reconcile 3xxxxx numbers against postings on aa.com. The first is easy to fix... cut-and-paste only. The second... more of a challenge.

Steve B.

there is a way, earn 2500, 1000, 500 mile prizes and then you can do all of your analysis, it can be done, it just sucks
Old May 21, 2008, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by TheKnife
there is a way, earn 2500, 1000, 500 mile prizes and then you can do all of your analysis, it can be done, it just sucks
I did. I put random redemptions at the start, to track... and the different redemptions amounts posted out of sequence. It's when I went all-2500 that it fell apart, as then it was difficult to see what posted when.

Just keep repeating... hey... it's free mileage...

Steve B.
Old May 21, 2008, 3:35 pm

I did. I put random redemptions at the start, to track... and the different redemptions amounts posted out of sequence. It's when I went all-2500 that it fell apart, as then it was difficult to see what posted when.

Just keep repeating... hey... it's free mileage...

Steve B.
For that reason I try to make mine predictable. I try to redeem about the same time every week, and redeem a combination of 2500s and 1000s so each week ends up a different amount. The 1000s are not too much different than 2500s for value.
Old May 22, 2008, 5:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Hmm, so it seems like this has been successful for MSN, so they're now implementing another option--cashback:

Link
Link 2
Old May 22, 2008, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by jabrams72
Hmm, so it seems like this has been successful for MSN, so they're now implementing another option--cashback:

Link
Link 2
Different program, IMO. You have to buy something, to get the cashback. With the original that we're playing with now, you just spend time, and get airline miles. As long as this is parellel, and isn't replacing, doesn't seem to be an issue.

Steve B.
Old May 22, 2008, 8:49 am

Anyone else getting obscene amounts of Spam from playing Live Search. Since I started on Picture this, I have been getting over 150 gambling spams each day. And I have the exclusive level on my spam filter.

Since I only seem to visit FT and LS, I expect that someone is farming LS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.