Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: IHG Priority Club Spire Ambassador, AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by thelostshark
For AA miles, it says 60-75 days from when they verify you complied with the T&C. So technically, that's an indefinite timeframe. Still, I think it's fair game to contact them on day 76.

My 4k and 3k AA miles posted in 56 and 62 days respectively. But that was in June and July. On July 13, 14, 15 and 16 I requested 2.5k, 1k, 500 and 100 AA miles, and they still haven't posted. It's been 75 days for the July 13 redemption. Once all 4 redemptions pass 75 days, I'll be checking in with them. tls
Good luck checking in with them. Customer service is a thing of the past with them IMHO.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:47 pm

I requested 2.5 AA miles on May 20th and I'm still waiting for them to post - but this is microsoft, you know their products are as slow as their operating systems.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
sorry to come to the party so late
but does this actually still work for miles?
any tips?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:47 am

Programs: IHG Priority Club Spire Ambassador, AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by asandrs
I requested 2.5 AA miles on May 20th and I'm still waiting for them to post - but this is microsoft, you know their products are as slow as their operating systems.
bahaha...very good one
Old Sep 27, 2011, 5:25 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by asandrs
I requested 2.5 AA miles on May 20th and I'm still waiting for them to post
For your sake, I hope I'm wrong but if you've been waiting since May 20, most likely they have randomly decided you are violating one of their terms of service and have been denied your award.

Of course, they won't tell you this unless you contact them. Then they won't give you an explanation why you have been denied, saying that to explain their reasoning for their decision will reveal how their top secret method works.

Like someone else said earlier in this thread, this miserable program has created more hostility towards Microsoft than goodwill and loyalty.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL
Only the 100 Mile and 500 Mile Awards Remain

Damn! I just went to play (I only need 1500 points for the 3k award) and saw that it had dropped off my prize list. Checked the travel prize category and only the 100 and 500 mile awards are left. I last played about 7pm EDT yesterday so the hammer came down today. I doubt that even those two awards will last much longer.

That's it; I'm cashing in my two accounts for some crappy physical prizes and sayonara!

I did get 26,600 miles over the years.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by penguin085
Damn! I just went to play (I only need 1500 points for the 3k award) and saw that it had dropped off my prize list. Checked the travel prize category and only the 100 and 500 mile awards are left. I last played about 7pm EDT yesterday so the hammer came down today. I doubt that even those two awards will last much longer.

That's it; I'm cashing in my two accounts for some crappy physical prizes and sayonara!

I did get 26,600 miles over the years.
Shoot -- just when it seemed they were loosening up and actually awarding the miles, the only reason to do this goes away. I never received any physical prizes, from almost a year ago, so I think I won't bother.

All in all, though, this was a profitable venture for me. Over 200,000 miles total. I wish I had been less careful about the rules early on, when things were wide open. I could have been lifetime Plat on AA, with tons of miles.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Oh man, that doesn't sound good. I redeemed for 2.5k, 1k, 500 and 100 AA miles on four consecutive days in mid-July, and it's been more than 75 days since then, so I just contacted them to ask about the status. But this seems ominous.

On the flip side, I ordered a physical prize on Aug. 11, and yesterday they sent me an email saying it had shipped. So that's good, but I'd rather have the miles.

I was one of the those individuals who actually bothered to obey the rules, which is why it took me so long to qualify for the miles. I will be unhappy if I don't get these miles. (I did get the 4k and 3k awards earlier this year.) tls
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:29 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by thelostshark
I was one of the those individuals who actually bothered to obey the rules, which is why it took me so long to qualify for the miles. I will be unhappy if I don't get these miles. (I did get the 4k and 3k awards earlier this year.) tls
Many of us obeyed the rules but still were accused of gaming the system. I did some online research and discovered many feel they have been ripped off by Microsoft and this Bing program. I wonder if there is any opportunity for a class action lawsuit?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Well, they responded to my inquiry, tellling me that airline miles take 8-12 weeks to process, and that I had only waited 11 weeks to contact them, and that they were still processing my order for comlpliance. I'm not sure where 8-12 weeks comes from, because when I redeemed it said 60-75 days. But I've waited 11 weeks, so I have no problem waiting one more. And they responded the same day as my inquiry, which was a good thing. tls
Old Oct 1, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA L/T Gold
Just had miles (100 & 500) psot in August for December of last year!
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:36 pm

Well, today I got my last 4 mileage awards (2.5k, 1k, 500 and 100 AA miles). Thank goodness. Not sure if contacting them made the difference, but it sure didn't hurt. tls
Old Oct 3, 2011, 12:21 am

I had fun while it lasted I think club bing is not long for this world.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:54 am

Yeah, that's my feeling too. But other than the miles, the prizes weren't that good. And now there are not that many miles available ...
Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:52 am

Well here's their reply to my question of what happened to the 2.5k miles I requested on May 20th

"Hello, Thank you for contacting Club Bing Support. Your order for (5xxxxx - 2500 Frequent Flyer Miles) is out of stock. Tickets have been refunded in the amount of 6400 to your account on 7/7/2011. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you for contacting Club Bing. Sincerely, Club Bing Support Team"

And yes - they are out of stock now but they were certaininly available on May 20 and I think they were still available a few weeks ago but I guess this means that if you've requested any thing other than what is currently availabe (100 or 500) you maybe SOOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.