Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2007, 8:41 am

Programs: DL,HH Gold,SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Omni SG
Originally Posted by imverge
That's why I cancelled MYPoints. I was sick of all the spam messages.
I set up an e-mail account for these type of things, but I get very little spam mail anyways. I find if you don't answer the survey type or the "get up to XXX bonus point" type e-mails I don't get spam. I generally only take the "get 5 points for visiting" the website pages. That, plus one 50 order from Lancome has put me at 5,000 in about 9 mos. Works for me.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 8:42 am

Hubby and I are both at 405. I figure the 500 doesn't have to be reached until the end of March, so I'm pretty confident we'll get there.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:46 am

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by tfmpa
Hubby and I are both at 405. I figure the 500 doesn't have to be reached until the end of March, so I'm pretty confident we'll get there.
Are you sure? I thought miles expired at the end of every quarter?
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by gforce
Are you sure? I thought miles expired at the end of every quarter?
From what I can tell they simply [I]post[I] every quarter, which would be the end of March for the year. They don't expire for one year. This is from the website:
Members must respond to at least one marketing message per month for their e-Miles miles to remain active. e-Miles reserves the right to suspend a Member's e-Miles miles if such Member does not respond to at least one marketing message per month. The decision to suspend e-Miles miles will be at e-Miles discretion.
e-Miles miles are automatically submitted to Delta Air Lines for deposit into SkyMiles Bonus Miles within 30 days after the end of each calendar quarter for qualifying e-Miles increments.
e-Miles miles are deposited in 500 mile increments with overages rolling into the next quarter. e-Miles reserves the right to change the increments and/or frequency of deposits.
e-Miles miles not deposited into your SkyMiles account expire one year after the quarter in which they were earned.

Anyone read this differently?
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:36 pm

I'm finally over 500. Today, I logged in just to check and there was a 10pt carnival earnings opportunity, so I'm sitting tight at 505.

From the way I understand it - current quarter ends on March 31st. So if you are at or over 500 e-miles by March 31st, then 500 miles will be posted into your designated ff account in April.

E-miles expire within 1 yr from the quarter in which they are earned - so perhaps it would make sense for me not to do any more earning opportunities until April, since I do have enough e-miles for my 500 mile award, and I doubt I could get another 500 e-miles just in March alone.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:50 pm

Thanks O/P, sign up was painless and receiving offers already.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jairocon
I'm finally over 500. Today, I logged in just to check and there was a 10pt carnival earnings opportunity, so I'm sitting tight at 505.

From the way I understand it - current quarter ends on March 31st. So if you are at or over 500 e-miles by March 31st, then 500 miles will be posted into your designated ff account in April.

E-miles expire within 1 yr from the quarter in which they are earned - so perhaps it would make sense for me not to do any more earning opportunities until April, since I do have enough e-miles for my 500 mile award, and I doubt I could get another 500 e-miles just in March alone.
I figured they were FIFO, so the ones you earn the rest of March would be the ones redeemed the next time you hit 500 miles.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
I figured they were FIFO, so the ones you earn the rest of March would be the ones redeemed the next time you hit 500 miles.
Right. However, from the 505 e-miles I have, I'd say only 100 came from genuine earning opportunities - the rest were from the initial surveys. I'm going to assume for now, that this is not going to be so profitable and getting 500 miles every quarter is probably not gonna happen. So, I'm going to forgo earning more e-miles in March, thus hopefully keeping those earning opportunities available to be earned in April (meaning they get extra 3 months added to their expiration date).
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
My wife and I both got a 50 point offer from Carnival cruises today. No email alert, so check your account. You have to sign up to be contacted. From what I read elsewhere, you might want to put in a phone number other than your primary phone #, given the number of times Carnival calls when one does this.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA, DL, OZ, HH/S, MR, PC, SPG, A-Club
Members, please list the partcipating airlines

To All E-Miles members,
can someone provide me a list of all current partcipating airlines?

One thing I hate about E-Miles, once you set your airline of choice for that program. That fact is set in stone unless you scrap your account.

I guess I will wait...I have been using these programs to prop up my FF expirations anyway...maybe I will join when my NWP comes to expiration...
Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
From their web page:

You can earn e-Miles miles to be deposited into your frequent flyer account with Continental Airlines®, Delta Air Lines®, Northwest Airlines®, or US Airways®.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some

Unless you expect not to reach 1000 total by end December (or is it next March?) there is no point in not continuing.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Right. However, from the 505 e-miles I have, I'd say only 100 came from genuine earning opportunities - the rest were from the initial surveys. I'm going to assume for now, that this is not going to be so profitable and getting 500 miles every quarter is probably not gonna happen. So, I'm going to forgo earning more e-miles in March, thus hopefully keeping those earning opportunities available to be earned in April (meaning they get extra 3 months added to their expiration date).
Of my 435 miles to date about 180 from 10 second (if that) clicks.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 8:08 pm

I signed up multiple people in my household but am finding the 5-10 point surveys quite tedious. Once we each reach 500 points, we're done.

Deb
Old Mar 1, 2007, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
I agree, totally tedious.

I have a problem with the site showing 4 surveys to take, then I click on #1, then #2 and when I click on #3, then #4 disappears. I can't ever seem to get it back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.