Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:30 am

A month later and still no more addtional surveys
Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:33 am

Programs: Skyteam
I got a few today for about 40 points.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:44 pm

its been kinda slow with emiles, i think they are just developing their system so hopefully it will get better with time. We are not getting any surveys yet, what i got today was more like advertisement with minimum miles.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by jayson
Seems like a waste. Take a survey and get 10 or 15 miles? Not worth it, IMHO.

Better option is e-surveys where for 15 or 20 minutes you can earn $5 or $10. You can then use this to buy a $25 e-cert from NWA.

I'd spend my time on the other site.

Jayson
I believe you mean erewards.com
a) NWA discount rewards are "out of stock" ... which is a load of toss; they can issue as many certs as they want to.
b) IF you earn $5 or $10, when converted to miles, you're talking 2000 miles for "$100" in erewards ... hence this currency is highly overvalued. 2000 miles are worth, maybe, $20. So your $5 survey gives you effectively 100 miles.
c) The emiles.com system suffers from a severe dearth of opportunity. So what if you "earn" 300 miles by answering 12 one-page "surveys" (basically filling out your profile so they can send you "targeted offers" ... if you can't get it to 500 miles in the quarter, you lose these miles.

Both systems are not quite worth the effort.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 2:10 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Along with the initial surveys, I've had 4 or 5 other opportunities, for a total of 355 miles earned so far. Easy surveys, very quick. I think it's worth the time, others may not.

Hope they spin up AA at some point.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
seems I got 30 more miles putting me at 350.
Ok if this works I will sign up the whole fam!

MM
Old Feb 9, 2007, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Pizzaman
Along with the initial surveys, I've had 4 or 5 other opportunities, for a total of 355 miles earned so far. Easy surveys, very quick. I think it's worth the time, others may not.

Hope they spin up AA at some point.
Yeah, but you can't switch, can you??
Old Feb 9, 2007, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA Advantage, Starwood, Hilton Honors, Points.com
Originally Posted by Bangkok Dave
Anyone recieved a contact from e-miles, miles for minutes yet? They were supposed to start after the first of Jan.
Dave
Yes, got one yesterday and completed several surveys.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 8:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I'm at 360 miles, between the 100 miles for joining, the profile questions, and a few "earning opportunities."
Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:50 pm

I'm at 450
Old Feb 10, 2007, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by imverge
I'm at 450
Me too!
Old Feb 10, 2007, 4:49 am

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mvoight
Yeah, but you can't switch, can you??
Yes, you can. The T&C state that you would have to close your account and open a new one, forfeiting whatever miles you had accumulated but not redeemed (i.e. if you hadn't gotten to 500 yet).

So, with the right timing, you could switch with minimal mileage loss.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 9:28 am

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by jairocon
Me too!
Old Feb 11, 2007, 8:00 pm

By chance, I just checked for offers... And sure enough one was waiting from Zales. It also included a coupon for $50 off a $200 purchase.

Check for offer's and see if one is waiting for you!
Old Feb 11, 2007, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by vsevolod4
I believe you mean erewards.com
a) NWA discount rewards are "out of stock" ... which is a load of toss; they can issue as many certs as they want to.
b) IF you earn $5 or $10, when converted to miles, you're talking 2000 miles for "$100" in erewards ... hence this currency is highly overvalued. 2000 miles are worth, maybe, $20. So your $5 survey gives you effectively 100 miles.
c) The emiles.com system suffers from a severe dearth of opportunity. So what if you "earn" 300 miles by answering 12 one-page "surveys" (basically filling out your profile so they can send you "targeted offers" ... if you can't get it to 500 miles in the quarter, you lose these miles.

Both systems are not quite worth the effort.
a. They might buy these rewards in advance to secure a cheaper price. If they've had a run on NWA miles (which makes sense because they are vouchers aka transferable) they might want to thin their inventory on othe rairline miles

b. You personally value miles at .01. I know most of us figure we'd pay up to .01 per mile. You would also have to figure in what Erewards would pay for the miles and the profit they would need to extract. Plus, its a fake currency with an arbitrary value. Too many people get wrapped around the axle about this point. If they gave you 1/5 of the value for each question/surveyed you answered, would you feel it was a better value? Instead of $5 surveys they'd be $1.

You have to fill out x surveys to get x miles. You arent doing it to supplement your income. You are doing it because you are addicted to miles and the "scent" of free miles is the lure. We all know that our time is worth something but "no out of pocket money" means its free to most of us. Plus its all part of the game we play.

Ken in Phx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.