Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 5:11 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I made redemptions for Alaska Airlines miles on 3/20 and 4/3. Miles never posted. I sent an email to inquire and now noticed the redemption history lists them as "terminated."

Geez, I hope my points show up back in my account tomorrow. Has anyone else ever gone through this scenario?

UPDATE A WEEK LATER: Points are finally back in my account. Time to try to redeem again.

Last edited by MileageAddict; May 26, 2017 at 1:49 pm
Old May 30, 2017, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I made redemptions for Alaska Airlines miles on 3/20 and 4/3. Miles never posted. I sent an email to inquire and now noticed the redemption history lists them as "terminated."

Geez, I hope my points show up back in my account tomorrow. Has anyone else ever gone through this scenario?

UPDATE A WEEK LATER: Points are finally back in my account. Time to try to redeem again.
Redeemed for 500 Alaska miles on 05/02/2017 - still visible as 'pending'. You're not waiting alone :-)
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
A new eMiles is coming
Miles are being renamed to points. The value of points is
the same as miles.
A link for "early access" has come by email.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by sosafan
A new eMiles is coming
Miles are being renamed to points. The value of points is
the same as miles.
A link for "early access" has come by email.
Looks like it's here.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Saas
Looks like it's here.
Yup, and my very first transaction (a donation) did not credit.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Yup, and my very first transaction (a donation) did not credit.
It can take time. I recently (several weeks ago) made a donation and ended up having to bug e-miles to post it.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
It can take time. I recently (several weeks ago) made a donation and ended up having to bug e-miles to post it.
I just hate when it turns into a hassle, and it certainly is a big disincentive, Already cost them the donation they would have got from my wife.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:42 am

Has anyone worked out how to find easily the 5 pts partner reward click surveys you used to get in opportunities on your home page in the old style site?
one benefit of the new site, it appears you get credited immediately for the successful completion of a survey.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The T&C for IHG points now explicitly say:

IHG Rewards Club points earned through e-Miles count towards Elite Tier status.
Apparently I'm going to have to keep grinding out the Peanut Labs surveys for those since Spire has gotten me a few meaningful upgrades this year.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:31 pm

imho, the "overhaul" is the effective death of e-miles from a time management standpoint
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: IHG Plat(Ambssdr on occasion), Hyatt Explr(2023), AS Mileage Plan, Rapid Rewards, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Tim_R
Redeemed for 500 Alaska miles on 05/02/2017 - still visible as 'pending'. You're not waiting alone :-)
Have you guys comes to a resolution?

The first set of miles I redeemed with Alaska was July 10. I wasn't too worried since it's early til I read posts here. Hopefully, I don't need to make too much of a stink eventually because I'm doing it for my kids' Mileage Plans

Opinion Terminal also just sent me a link through Alaska and a 400 mile first survey bonus. Again, was thinking to game it for all my kids. At least with IHG that Survey program is instant account deposit but I find Peanut Labs ends up being more time manageable and less likely to get kicked out of Surveys.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:38 pm

My Alaska Air miles just posted; I did a e-miles redemption on 7/17. fyi and fwiw.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: IHG Plat(Ambssdr on occasion), Hyatt Explr(2023), AS Mileage Plan, Rapid Rewards, Bonvoy Plat
Mine just posted today too! a bunch from July. Guess I should shut up
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I redeemed 500 e-miles into AS on June 6. They arrived on July 4. Given Randix's & Arch's posts above, it seems they post in batches on the 4th of every month.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Has anyone worked out how to find easily the 5 pts partner reward click surveys you used to get in opportunities on your home page in the old style site?
one benefit of the new site, it appears you get credited immediately for the successful completion of a survey.
I think those 5-point partner 'surveys' have disappeared. I haven't seen one in several weeks...might be the end of e-miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.