Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:43 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Well, e-Miles never responded to the Better Business Bureau re my complaint. I note that this fine company has 115 complaints against them at the Dallas BBB site, and a grade of D-
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Just got an emails saying you can get 20 e-miles if you take an advantage of a free subscription to Better Homes and Gardens. And they make a point to note that you don't need a credit card. I'm not sure giving out my address to BH&G is worth 20 miles .... but it is an interesting comment on the state of the magazine business. tls
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Oh crap, did I just screw up

I just went to redeem some of my wife's e-miles (I'm her official Mile Manager and decided to put some in her AA account. She'd never done AA and so I had to put her number in. I screwed up and sent them to my account instead.

Did I just mess up big time, in that some computer is going to flag this and we'll be in account hell?

Or did I mess up small time, in that the miles will just disappear, rejected due to the name mismatch?

Or will I be presently surprised and no one cares who owns the FF account?

Anyone have any experience on this?

FTF
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
E-miles [Master Thread]

Do you have two Emiles accounts? Is your other account depositing points into your AA as well?

You might get an email from them saying you cannot have two accounts, and they'll ask you to shut down one.

Yeah, you kinda F'd up big time
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
My wife and I both have accounts and I mix and match redemption's all the time and have never had an issue. From what I know as long as the last names are the same they go through - mine always have.

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
I just went to redeem some of my wife's e-miles (I'm her official Mile Manager and decided to put some in her AA account. She'd never done AA and so I had to put her number in. I screwed up and sent them to my account instead.

Did I just mess up big time, in that some computer is going to flag this and we'll be in account hell?

Or did I mess up small time, in that the miles will just disappear, rejected due to the name mismatch?

Or will I be presently surprised and no one cares who owns the FF account?

Anyone have any experience on this?

FTF
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:26 pm

You guys are confusing me, as far as I know, once you enter a FF number, you cannot enter a different account number "to go back and forth between accounts"

Are you talking about erewards?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Do you have two Emiles accounts? Is your other account depositing points into your AA as well?

You might get an email from them saying you cannot have two accounts, and they'll ask you to shut down one.

Yeah, you kinda F'd up big time
I have one account in my name and one for Mrs FTF. Your question gives me a ray of hope (as does even more so bj2757's response below, of course). I've never redeemed from my account for AA - all my redemptions are for UA as I originally signed up through CO and so my account is locked to just UA among airlines. So maybe since no one ever used that AA account it's no big deal.

(Mrs FTF has all the airlines because she was originally DL, so she got them all when DL pulled out.)

Mauibaby, that would answer your question I hope. There are some people who can enter and redeem for more than one airline in e-miles, and that's what I'm referring to. She'd never put her AA account in, so it wasn't a change. Just a goof up.

FTF
Old Dec 28, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
I have one account in my name and one for Mrs FTF. Your question gives me a ray of hope (as does even more so bj2757's response below, of course). I've never redeemed from my account for AA - all my redemptions are for UA as I originally signed up through CO and so my account is locked to just UA among airlines. So maybe since no one ever used that AA account it's no big deal.

(Mrs FTF has all the airlines because she was originally DL, so she got them all when DL pulled out.)

Mauibaby, that would answer your question I hope. There are some people who can enter and redeem for more than one airline in e-miles, and that's what I'm referring to. She'd never put her AA account in, so it wasn't a change. Just a goof up.

FTF
I think you should be OK with this.

It is not exactly the same situation, but I had no problem redeeming UA miles from my mother's account to my UA FF #. Like your wife, I have a former Delta e-miles account that now has multiple airline redemption options, and when I tried to redeem miles from that account to United, I think I got an error message when I tried to add my United FF #, since my mother's e-miles account was already linked to that United account. Later, I cancelled my mother's e-miles account and was able to redeem from my e-miles account to my United account. So, IME, it seems like the only thing they are checking is that a single FF account is not linked to more than one e-miles account.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by needtoescape
I think you should be OK with this.

It is not exactly the same situation, but I had no problem redeeming UA miles from my mother's account to my UA FF #. Like your wife, I have a former Delta e-miles account that now has multiple airline redemption options, and when I tried to redeem miles from that account to United, I think I got an error message when I tried to add my United FF #, since my mother's e-miles account was already linked to that United account. Later, I cancelled my mother's e-miles account and was able to redeem from my e-miles account to my United account. So, IME, it seems like the only thing they are checking is that a single FF account is not linked to more than one e-miles account.
Thanks, "need." I am hopeful...waiting for end of month when the AA miles would credit to see.

FTF
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:12 pm

I no longer see a link to the Peanuts Lab survey. Is it just me or did anyone else notice this?
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by Toyota35
I no longer see a link to the Peanuts Lab survey. Is it just me or did anyone else notice this?
I just checked our accounts and it shows up on both. Sometimes I have to hit refresh to get it to come up.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by bj2757
I just checked our accounts and it shows up on both. Sometimes I have to hit refresh to get it to come up.
Yes, about half the time it's not there, but it always appears if I hit refresh. tls
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:42 am

Might be a bad Question, but I am having two E-Miles Accounts (shame on me) and wanted to transfer Points to Hilton - but the System says the Number is already registred (which is true, as I used Account 1 to do a transfer already)...

Is there any Hint on how to get Points from two different E-Miles Accounts to one HHonors Account?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Might be a bad Question, but I am having two E-Miles Accounts (shame on me) and wanted to transfer Points to Hilton - but the System says the Number is already registred (which is true, as I used Account 1 to do a transfer already)...

Is there any Hint on how to get Points from two different E-Miles Accounts to one HHonors Account?
e-miles, as far as I know, locks the account number to one account. Just like MyPoints.

I do not think it will be possible for you to that. Good luck though
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
e-miles, as far as I know, locks the account number to one account. Just like MyPoints.

I do not think it will be possible for you to that. Good luck though
Damn....But ok - so I know this now and will use the Miles on IHG instead - thanks for helping out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.