Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
NW has no emiles activity yet. Before the first quarter cut off I was stagnant at 495.
I don't understand what you're saying. Everyone who selected NW hasn't received their miles from Q1?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A little tip I've found is that if they are offering 100 miles for buying som eoverpriced wine (or whatever), if you click on the link and go through the process of buying the stuff, you'll get the miles instantly- just for going through the shopping experience!^

Give it a go. It's worth a shot.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
The absolute best thing about signing up for emiles is that you get to choose how the email is addressed, instead of selecting Mr/Ms/Dr/Etc from a drop down box. I look forward to their weekly email that begins:

Dear Your Majesty BamaVol,
Old Apr 27, 2007, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
now that makes me wanna change my name to "the mighty Marathon Man" in their emails to me...

But what I like about Kellogg's cereals is how the middle of the word, 'Kellogg' looks like a friendly British greeting...

"Ello Gov'nor!"

Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
the problem could have to do with people having unfulfilled expectations or something to that tune, but I think it's this:

We here at FT have an inherent skepticism despite our continued willingness to risk again and go for the next new crazy promo deal.

Some of them work, some suck. I mean, look at NWA's Valentine's Day promo and how it is now surfacing that people are not getting the full bonus they expected. (I for one am out 7k miles from that and have been told to wait ANOTHER MONTH after the 8 weeks to post to MAYBE get some more activity on my account) (see NWA forum)

And then there's the 10k citi e-checking promo for AA miles. How many countless souls sit waiting for months on end for those miles because the company chose to outsource to an India call center? (See miles buzz forum)

I can name countless experiences I have personally had over the years that required a lot of chasing and work just to get what other people involved in the same promo said came to them "without any problems." later, it's really kind of funny to see those SAME people complaining about some glitchy promo THEY signed up for that did not post to them when they expected it and I AM THE ONE who says, "well, the miles posted to MY account ok!"

It is because of this horrid but ever present dynamic of mile-dum that we should never beat on each other here. Not that anyone in this thread has (yet) but you all know what I mean. It is because of these things that people here have complained. We are speculating about what MIGHT (and probably will) take place with a good portion of the accounts we new e-miles customers have right now.

Should it be this way? Is there always going to be the lost sector of sign ups in every promotion? Well, lemme tell ya: If I was working there doing the marketing, there would be no holes and the job would get done. Then again, work is not about getting things done. It's about meetings, email, golf and coming up with new crafty ways to delay that very process while looking like you are doing it! Ahh, maybe that's why I work from home as a consultant from time to time. oh well.

MM
No my reasoning is based that most if not everyone got to their 500 miles due to the miles given as a bonus for signing up.

Id love for those who already cashed out on April 1, to tell Us now that its the 27th and basically 2 months left till the next cash out if you have already gotten 1/3 of the 500 miles needed for the next cash out, or that since 4/1 you accumulated at least 165 miles! Im not looking to include anything left over from before 4/1. if not then do you really feel that you will hav ethe 500 miles needed in your acct by 6/1/ I crossed the 500 mile pt a couple of days after 4/1 and at the rate they send me opportunities to add miles it willl take me another year till I get another 500 miles.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Id love for those who already cashed out on April 1, to tell Us now that its the 27th and basically 2 months left till the next cash out if you have already gotten 1/3 of the 500 miles needed for the next cash out, or that since 4/1 you accumulated at least 165 miles!
I had about 505, and 500 of them got cashed out. Today I have 70. If you're figuring the number of miles I need per day, then it's 27/90 * 500 = 150. I expect emiles will offer enough to catch me up by Q3, but who knows?
Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rrgg
I had about 505, and 500 of them got cashed out. Today I have 70. If you're figuring the number of miles I need per day, then it's 27/90 * 500 = 150. I expect emiles will offer enough to catch me up by Q3, but who knows?
Wasnt about 1/2 of the cashed out miles gotten as a sign-up bonus? Unless they start to offer other bonuses and if you stay on your current pace you will have 210 miles on 6/1. so they will get paid every time We click onto the emails we are sent and they will give us 500 miles maybe every 6 months.

That = Not worth my time and then whos to say 6 months wil be enough time to earn the needed 500 miles. Thats why once 6/1 pass so do I
Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:45 pm

Yes, you're right. I guess it will probably take 2 quarters to get 500 miles. However, you might have spent more time discussing emiles than what it takes to get them.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, and about everything else
Cashed out at the end of the first quarter for 500 miles on Continental, and as of today I have 475 miles ready for next quarter. And, no, I haven't signed up for anything other than "clicking" through the email.
Old May 1, 2007, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
100 point offer

Both my wife and I got a 100 point offer for requesting information about online college courses. It took about 2 minutes or less to fill out the request form. Points posted immediately.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 2:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
How is everyone doing this quarter? For me, not much more than 100 miles this quarter and well short of 500 balance.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got 500 in Q1... and am up to 460 since then.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 2:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
To clarify - I got over 600 in Q1. So Q2 really slow in comparison.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I have 650 total as of today. Was stuck at 495 when the first cut off happened so I have yet to see any post. Will wait for this Q and then see if the 150 left over grows to 500 before it's over.

MM
Old Jun 28, 2007, 4:23 pm

I think the key is to check back on a regular basis. If you do, you'll always make more than 500 before the cut off. Sometimes the mile opportunities go away after being there for 3 days, so if you missed it, you missed it.

People are always paranoid about e-rewards and e-miles giving you just below the amount for a redemption and then cutting off opportunities. I don't think it's the case. I had 560 for Q1 and was sitting on 490 till yesterday, when they sent me three more opportunities. If they didn't want me to make the cut off, those wouldn't have come through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.