Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2007, 9:51 pm

Programs: Skymiles, Advantage, Dynasty
Originally Posted by ktremor
If you have 500 miles at the end of the quarter they post to your FF account, even if you did it the previous quarter.
Thank you for the response. Much appreciated.

I too say yes to all questions.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 4:34 am

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
My emiles transfer just showed up in my USAir account this morning.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 4:35 am

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I always say YES to the question that asks if I would like to see more about a product in E-miles. Maybe I am fibbing a bit but hey, in E-miles, YES, I would like to see it! (Not in my spam folder, but in e miles)

If we all say YES to these questions and try to answer favorably to products advertized in the site, then all of us will earn more here.
I do this as well... see new cruise offers at least weekly.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 3:17 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Continental Miles Posted Today

I know many people wonder about these programs. My e-miles just posted into my continental account. My wife's e-miles also posted in her account. 500 each, so I guess the "clicks" are worth it!^

Last edited by buddlakecoflyer; Jul 13, 2007 at 3:17 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Jul 13, 2007, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by buddlakecoflyer
I know many people wonder about these programs. My e-miles just posted into my continental account. My wife's e-miles also posted in her account. 500 each, so I guess the "clicks" are worth it!^
Ditto here.

At least with e-miles you know how many miles you get, even though you have to wait until you accumulate 500 miles, and then after the end of a quarter.

Far more transparent than "e-rewards" which I maintain is not worth one's time (works out to 40 frequent flyer miles per hour spent doing surveys), has many restrictions on earning (caps), your points devalue, sometimes as quickly as 32 days after earning them, and have many other problems. I've cancelled e-rewards and am sticking with e-miles. Only problem with e-miles is not that many opportunities to earn.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 8:32 am

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
Ditto here.

At least with e-miles you know how many miles you get, even though you have to wait until you accumulate 500 miles, and then after the end of a quarter.

Far more transparent than "e-rewards" which I maintain is not worth one's time (works out to 40 frequent flyer miles per hour spent doing surveys), has many restrictions on earning (caps), your points devalue, sometimes as quickly as 32 days after earning them, and have many other problems. I've cancelled e-rewards and am sticking with e-miles. Only problem with e-miles is not that many opportunities to earn.

I would say though that more miles can be earned through e-rewards in the same period of time with e-miles. Where e-miles has the advantage is that it is constant all year.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 9:46 am

Programs: Peon in all
My CO miles are in my account!

Yes maybe "e-rewards" does have more restrictions, but at least you can (provided you have enough) put 2000 miles into CO, 2000 miles into AA, 2000 miles into US, 2000 miles into NW, etc.... However with "e-miles", you can just earn 2000 miles per year (500 miles * 4 qtrs) for CO alone.

And you can still earn both e-miles and e-rewards! And free miles are free miles! (I'll take them both!)
Old Jul 15, 2007, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
In my case, my e-miles are bound for Delta. I agree with you about E-rewards.

Very sorry the_traveler about the loss of your cat!
Old Jul 15, 2007, 1:23 pm

Condolences the_traveler on the loss of your longtime pet/friend.

On E-rewards, IIRC you can only redeem once a year for airmiles?? Or am I thinking of some other earnings program?
Old Jul 15, 2007, 2:46 pm

Programs: Peon in all
Thank you!

Yes, you can only redeem once per year per airline, but it is once per year with DL, once per year with AA, once per year with CO, etc... - so you could get more than 2000 miles, but not with the same airline.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 2:54 pm

Thanks, didn't catch that little detail in the T&Cs...now if I could just get enough opportunities to get any of those miles (lol)
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:49 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Just a reminder to check your emiles accounts-the quarter is ending and you may have opportunities that will give you enough points for redemption. I often find that the emails from emiles are delayed at least several days after the opportunities are actually on my accounts.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
thanks but I am at the 300+ mark right now and so i am at the whim of the offers that come in for the 5 mile adds.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:24 am

Programs: ECExec, SPGTitanium,, UAPlat
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
thanks but I am at the 300+ mark right now and so i am at the whim of the offers that come in for the 5 mile adds.
Want to share your success?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
well in first Q I was stuck at 495 forever so I missed it. When I got to about 630 or so, the second one came. I redeemed leaving the left over and have just been doing the many 5 pt things since. So my success is that I missed one posting. Should I make #3, it will be because of this missed opp or failure from #1!~

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.