Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

e-Rewards devaluing AAdvantage award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-Rewards devaluing AAdvantage award

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2005, 4:38 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Silver (but quickly rising)
Originally Posted by jittichai
same as mine. Hopefully, it will be posted soon. I remembered that HHonor points posted immediatly after redemption.
Northwest also posts instantly ^ Unfortunately I redeemed early for 1,000 miles thinking it would be every 3 months not every year.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 9:29 am

Programs: AA PLT/1.9MM
Originally Posted by Superd1
I cashed in on the first available day. No sign of them yet.
A 2,000 mile AA award that I redeemed on 9/2 posted to my AAdvantage account today.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 8:51 am
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jumpcut
A 2,000 mile AA award that I redeemed on 9/2 posted to my AAdvantage account today.
mine got posted yesterday too.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:15 am

Programs: AA, WN, Starwood, Choices
Originally Posted by jittichai
same as mine. Hopefully, it will be posted soon. I remembered that HHonor points posted immediatly after redemption.
Just posted last Friday (about 4-5 business days delay)
Old Sep 13, 2005, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
My AA miles posted in less than a week. 2000 AA miles, 2000 NW miles, and 12,000 HH points per year. I'll stick around and get all that, and if I get more e-reward $, I'll take a blockbuster reward. tls
Old Sep 13, 2005, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I sent the following to e-Rewards:

"I am writing to complain about the significant devaluation in the value of e-rewards currency for AAdvantage members. Previously we could get 2000 miles for $50, now it takes $100 -- twice as much -- to get the same number of miles.

I realize some members prefer to not have to take a flight in order to get mileage credit, but there was no reason why you couldn't offer two award structures - the old one which required a flight, and the new one which does not.

e-Rewards, via this major devaluation, is demonstrating that it does not value my time. As such, I will not be participating in the program any longer."

This thing was always borderline on whether it was worth my time (it probably wasn't) or not. Now they've just gone way overboard. Why couldn't they offer two award structures?
Old Sep 14, 2005, 6:57 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Might be AA making the decision, not e-rewards. tls
Old Sep 14, 2005, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Doppy
Previously we could get 2000 miles for $50, now it takes $100 -- twice as much -- to get the same number of miles.
Actually, it was 2,500 miles for $50 with a flight. Which is even more to your point.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier,AA, Hertz #1 Gold, Travelocity VIP
Originally Posted by thelostshark
My AA miles posted in less than a week. 2000 AA miles, 2000 NW miles, and 12,000 HH points per year. I'll stick around and get all that, and if I get more e-reward $, I'll take a blockbuster reward. tls

My 1000 AA posted in 5 business days....yahoo
Old Sep 20, 2005, 4:53 pm

Thumbs up

I said this once and I'll say it again. I'm VERY happy with this redemption option. I redeemed $100 eRewards on 9/16th and my miles posted today!! Took only four days. The only qualm I have is I wish you allowed to redeem for this award more often.

Hmmm. Does anyone know if you are able to redeem once for each award level per year? That sure would be nice.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by bigeyes1
Does anyone know if you are able to redeem once for each award level per year? That sure would be nice.
Nope. You can't. One AA award per year, no matter the level. So save up for the $100 award.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Doppy
I sent the following to e-Rewards:

"I am writing to complain about the significant devaluation in the value of e-rewards currency for AAdvantage members. Previously we could get 2000 miles for $50, now it takes $100 -- twice as much -- to get the same number of miles.

I realize some members prefer to not have to take a flight in order to get mileage credit, but there was no reason why you couldn't offer two award structures - the old one which required a flight, and the new one which does not.

e-Rewards, via this major devaluation, is demonstrating that it does not value my time. As such, I will not be participating in the program any longer."

This thing was always borderline on whether it was worth my time (it probably wasn't) or not. Now they've just gone way overboard. Why couldn't they offer two award structures?

If you don't mind, I'll just copy/paste that message (with corrections) when I redeem my $100 award
Old Sep 20, 2005, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Jumpcut
Nope. You can't. One AA award per year, no matter the level. So save up for the $100 award.

Well, drats.. Thanks for the response.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Woot... just completed a quick auto survey for $7, which posted immediately. Too bad I didn't earn the last $40 before the change

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.