Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

e-Rewards devaluing AAdvantage award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-Rewards devaluing AAdvantage award

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2005, 11:06 am
Original Member

I got a $5 survey last night and converted a $50 award....whew!

To those thinking of closing the account...you could refuse to do surveys and just get enough emails every year for the free Blockbuster award.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 11:10 am

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
Originally Posted by Tino
I got a $5 survey last night and converted a $50 award....whew!

To those thinking of closing the account...you could refuse to do surveys and just get enough emails every year for the free Blockbuster award.
Great Idea! You must still let e-Rewards know why you are boycotting.

I forgot that you get upwards of 25 cents for receiving e-mail, right?

Sam
Old Aug 29, 2005, 5:20 pm

Wow! I finally found where it said that you could only redeem for AA miles once a year. It is buried in the membership agreement.
There is not such entry for Northwest Airlines - which is weird since even the ones with no limits on redemptions say just that.
So what do you think the policy is for Northwest?
Old Aug 29, 2005, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by kilarney
Wow! I finally found where it said that you could only redeem for AA miles once a year. It is buried in the membership agreement.
There is not such entry for Northwest Airlines - which is weird since even the ones with no limits on redemptions say just that.
So what do you think the policy is for Northwest?
If you go to redeem the NW miles, it states the limitation in small print on final screen before redeeming the reward.

Redemption Limitation: Redemption of this reward is limited. A WorldPerks account holder may claim only one Northwest Airlines reward per calendar year.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:45 pm

They sure do bury that language!
Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:59 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum,Hilton Diamond,Hyatt Diamond,WN Companion Pass, AA Plat, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by patrickATX
i notice that they failed to mention the once per year part in the original notification email.

Some improvement

I'll be cancelling my account as soon as I cash in the last of my rewards.
Make that 2 of us!! I have nothing else to redeem for!! Good bye
E-NoRewards!
Old Aug 29, 2005, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by MIKESILV
For those who havent checked the website this am 8/29
You will find the new changes and redemptions scheme is now posted

BUT EVERYBODYS WORST FEARS HAVE COME TRUE.
ONLY ONE AA REDEMPTION PER YEAR 2000 MILES = $100

The fat lady HAS sung.

mike
erewards is finished
Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

So I was wondering how many of you were serious about quitting on e-Rewards. Personally, I just reached the next level for rewards ($50) and cashed in for HHonors points. As soon as they post, I am cancelling my e-Rewards account. The once a year redemption of fewer miles just isn't worth my time.

Good luck to those who are staying.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT/1.9MM
So I was wondering how many of you were serious about quitting on e-Rewards. Personally, I just reached the next level for rewards ($50) and cashed in for HHonors points. As soon as they post, I am cancelling my e-Rewards account. The once a year redemption of fewer miles just isn't worth my time.

I just cashed in for a $100/2000 mile AA award. I'll continue earning enough to qualify for another $100 award in January, then I'll be done with it.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 9:48 am

Programs: AA LT Plat
Originally Posted by Jumpcut
I just cashed in for a $100/2000 mile AA award. I'll continue earning enough to qualify for another $100 award in January, then I'll be done with it.
That's pretty much my plan too. I need about $8 more for a 2000 mile reward, then I will bank another $100 to redeem the beginning of 2006, then I will stop. Since they will take 3/4 of my miles in July anyway why would I go on earning them?
Old Sep 8, 2005, 10:55 am

anyone received their AA miles from e-rewards yet ??
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:30 pm

I won't take the active step of canceling but if I should earn enough points for another reward, I would cease participation.

erewards is finished.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shoodawg
I won't take the active step of canceling but if I should earn enough points for another reward, I would cease participation.

erewards is finished.
I decided to take the active step of cancelling. With a balance of $0.55, I figure that I will probably never receive another reward without active participation. I also wanted to let them know exactly why I was cancelling. I figure that companies tend to watch these kinds of things and if enough people were cancelling for the same reason, they might reevaluate their changes.

Then again, companies have shown again and again that they don't take the time to do this.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 9:41 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
Originally Posted by pinaugust
anyone received their AA miles from e-rewards yet ??
I cashed in on the first available day. No sign of them yet.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Starwood, Choices
Originally Posted by Superd1
I cashed in on the first available day. No sign of them yet.
same as mine. Hopefully, it will be posted soon. I remembered that HHonor points posted immediatly after redemption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.