Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Mypoints Account disabled--Why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mypoints Account disabled--Why?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2003, 12:32 pm

I just called MYpoints and got through to a member care rep this time. She could not help me over the phone and said to e-mail [email protected]. When I told her I did that this morning she said I would have to give it a couple of days and wait for an e-mail from them. So I will give it a couple of days and hope to hear from them I guess.

I'm hoping that my transfer of 6,000 pts. to HH over the weekend still went trhrough ok. We'll see.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 12:54 pm

I just got a response and not the one I wanted. I only used THEIR links, not any provided in threads:
We are writing in regards to recent activity on your account. Please
note that per our Terms of Service, which you agreed to upon

- Member agrees not to abuse MyPoints® privileges by conduct which is
detrimental to the interests of MyPoints.com.

- MyPoints.com reserves the right to terminate or disable, at
MyPoints.com's sole discretion, any MyPoints® membership if MyPoints.com
believes such Member has violated or acted inconsistently with the rules
of MyPoints® or intent of this Agreement. Member understands and agrees
disabling of membership will result in Member's inability to redeem
and/or earn Points. Member understands and agrees termination of
membership will result in the cancellation of all of Member's Points.

- AT ANY TIME EITHER MEMBER OR MYPOINTS.COM MAY TERMINATE MEMBER'S
MEMBERSHIP WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE. MEMBER'S RIGHT TO USE MEMBER'S
MEMBERSHIP IMMEDIATELY CEASES UPON TERMINATION AND MEMBER'S UNREDEEMED
POINTS SHALL BE CANCELLED.

Attempting to earn Points in a way that abuses our offers may lead to
your account becoming disabled. If you have questions regarding your
account, please contact us at [email protected] .

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Old Mar 25, 2003, 6:00 pm

Are the accounts being disabled after you attempt to redeem an award or doesn't it matter?

------------------
Pat
Old Mar 25, 2003, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
It looks like the MyPoints crackdown has begun. I have over 15,000 points, most all this month from things like Tupperware.
My account is still open, though. But I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. If I decide to do a redemption, it looks like they'll close my account once they see where my points came from. If I don't do anything, they may still close my account.
My plan is just to lay low for a while, and if my account is still open in a month, then I'll attempt my redemption.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Pat H:
Are the accounts being disabled after you attempt to redeem an award or doesn't it matter?

</font>
i did not try to redeem and my account was disabled.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Dia
My husband's account was disabled Friday after a Thursday transfer to Hilton. Only 3,000 of the 4,000 points transferred to Hilton were posted. I emailed MOPS last Friday and was waiting for a response, however I now expect it will regard 'improper' usage instead of verifying identity.
I'm guessing Mypoints and Tupperware are fighting it out right now over paying for the points. Tupperware couldn't figure out how to not issue gift certs for $1 and the programming for Mypoints didn't exclude the gift certs. The Tupperware banners at Mypoints still look the same, only mentioning gift certificates not being included in the 15% off but not for the points.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 5:32 pm

Is MyPoints a scam or what? My wife and I signed up for separate accounts. Shortly after she attempted to transfer 2000 points to Hilton Honors, her account was disabled. We have e-mailed these people at least a half dozen times overv the past three weeks, and have called as many times. No explanations as to why account was disabled, no promises to reinstate the account, only the occasional lame explanation that "MOPS" is a "little" behind and someone will contact us within "48 hours." That was at least 400 hours ago. I am sorry if they have a problem with the fact that people find creative ways to rapidly accumulate and utilize the points they offer. Their actions are very short-sighted. Many of their stores and services are used by us regularly, but we certainly can't do business with a disabled account, and will not do business with an organization that exhibits such inept and arrogant customer "care" tactics. Just wanted to get this off of my chest, I can't remember anything so ridiculous in quite a while. It is certainly not worth the pittance of points.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 9:40 pm

The Mypoints people seem to disable the accounts at will. Both I and my wife got some points from the Amtrak purchases, tried to convert to HHonors and got our accounts disabled. Hers was enabled after a couple of days without any request from our side. But my account is another story. Half a dozen emails in the past 2 weeks to [email protected] and all I got was some tracking numbers from their automated system. Oh well! whatever makes them happy. I just got to move on, I guess.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:17 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AF, AS, BA, SQ, UA, US, IHG, SPG
Recent account closures?

Has anyone got his/her Mypoints account closed by Mypoints without notice/explanation? When I logged in mine today it showed "Account Closed" and apparently I "violated the Terms of Service". What a XXXX?

I've had my Mypoints account for 3 years and only last month I had enough points to redeem for United miles (I have 10000+ points, redeemed 5000 for 2500 miles). Granted that I only earned points from clicking emails, and I have no idea what I "violated".

I think Mypoints is very unprofessional that it didn't even bother to notify and explain what went wrong. I am going to email/call them to re-activate my account, use up the remaining points and never use them again.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by milehighclubnz
Has anyone got his/her Mypoints account closed by Mypoints without notice/explanation? When I logged in mine today it showed "Account Closed" and apparently I "violated the Terms of Service". What a XXXX?

I've had my Mypoints account for 3 years and only last month I had enough points to redeem for United miles (I have 10000+ points, redeemed 5000 for 2500 miles). Granted that I only earned points from clicking emails, and I have no idea what I "violated".

I think Mypoints is very unprofessional that it didn't even bother to notify and explain what went wrong. I am going to email/call them to re-activate my account, use up the remaining points and never use them again.
There isn't any rhyme or reason to Mypoints. Just contact them, they might ask for a drivers license, but you should be able to get your points. It might take 2 weeks to get a response, though.

[email protected] is the address you are looking for.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by milehighclubnz
Perhaps this clause (based on your location and username?)
"Only individuals 18 years or older and residing in the U.S. and Canada may enroll in the MyPoints Program, become Members, and conduct transactions on MyPoints. MyPoints may restrict site access to computers located within the U.S. and Canada. "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.