Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Discover America: Daily Getaways 2012 (Amex)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discover America: Daily Getaways 2012 (Amex)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by abcx
First couple of weeks are super lame.
That is how I would characterize it too. I find nothing in the first two weeks of interest to me.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:49 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Why wouldn't AMEX want Europeans to 'Discover America'?
Because many Americans have not discovered America, beyond their local city, county or state, or fishing or hunting area!!!

AMEX is encouraging Americans to really and truly DISCOVER America.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:58 pm

it seems no impresive deal for the first week
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iwpingmu
Make that the first two weeks.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iwpingmu
I agree. I checked the IHG offer against Singapore rates. Even with the AE discount, the Holiday Inn Atrium is the equivalent of $150. For July, the paid non-sale price is $156 weekday, $112 weekend.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by dorif
I am a Canadian who tried to take advantage of some of the offers last year, but they said these were good for US residents only. We do have a US residence (winter home), and they wouldn't accept that either. I'll try again this year and hopefully it will work.
Not sure what you mean by "they wouldn't accept that", what specifically was the error given this is an online application, do you mean the Canadian Billing address on your credit card payment wasn't allowed?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:14 am

damn soooo weak deals in the first 2 weeks
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:43 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
The points is I think (quick math) worse tha
The 50% bonus offer of IHG.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Calendar to help you track the rest of the deals - https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/Calendar.aspx?week=1
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't remember this ever lasting 5 weeks, so at least that's a good thing. Discounts the first 2 weeks are a little lean, but typical. I recommend not buying the Avis days because the rate isn't that cheap and their certs are a PITA to actually use. The Alamo deal is actually good (albeit unexciting) and most flyertalkers would probably find some use for it (bascially, when you don't have another applicable coupon). The SeaWorld ticket deal is good if you're heading to SeaWorld -- this is about the lowest ticket price you can find.

Obviously, most folks are waiting for good points deals at the hotels and such.

Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by iahphx
I don't remember this ever lasting 5 weeks, so at least that's a good thing. Discounts the first 2 weeks are a little lean, but typical. I recommend not buying the Avis days because the rate isn't that cheap and their certs are a PITA to actually use. The Alamo deal is actually good (albeit unexciting) and most flyertalkers would probably find some use for it (bascially, when you don't have another applicable coupon). The SeaWorld ticket deal is good if you're heading to SeaWorld -- this is about the lowest ticket price you can find.

I got 3 of this same Alamo deal last year, and I regret doing so. I keep finding better car rental deals elsewhere that save me more money and my coupons will expire at the end of this year.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Is there a hidden catch on the NYNY deal from MGM that people have run into in the past?

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/O...c-5580e3365b01

That actually doesn't look so bad, given that there's no date restriction/"promotion availability" terms on that. Your typical Vegas strip room in that quality of hotel usually runs $150+ on a busy weekend. You're getting a room plus show tickets and $150 dinner credit.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by iahphx

I do not think seaworld ticket is a great deal

the listing price at website for San Antonio seaworld is about $60 fro 2 entries (go two different days), with the xbay purchased coupon code you can take about $10 off each, which mean u spend about $50 for 2 entries to SAN Antonio seaworld, that is what I got and did on 2011
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Top off IHG points

I need to top off my PC points. Better to use this or the trick?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by kaaria
I need to top off my PC points. Better to use this or the trick?
The trick is cheaper but those points do not count towards status while these might count (it is not clear though if they count or not).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.