Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Discover America: Daily Getaways 2012 (Amex)

Closed Thread

Old Mar 27, 12, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Just got the below email - mods, not sure if this is the place to post it or if it should move elsewhere...

As I recall there were deals on buying points, certificates etc last year

Amazing offers – for a limited time!
Daily Getaways is back! Every weekday from April 9 – May 11, 2012, you can buy amazing travel getaways from DailyGetaways.com at deeply discounted prices. Whether you are looking for a relaxing trip to the beach, taking in the skyscrapers or a day filled with rollercoaster rides — DailyGetaways.com has it all. Choose from over 20 of your favorite travel brands and explore America with no pressure to book or plan right away.

Plus, use any American Express® Card and receive an additional 10% off the final price.

Quantities are limited — start saving today!

TwitterFollow us on Twitter @dailygetaways for sneak-peeks and the most up-to-date information on upcoming travel offers.
Old Mar 27, 12, 9:00 am

Programs: As many as I can!
I've been waiting for this to come back!
Old Mar 27, 12, 9:32 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UAPlat/Million Miler;Honnors Diamond,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
In Spam already

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...2011-a-5.html# preview April 2nd. Best not to start another thread on this?
Old Mar 27, 12, 11:10 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by rustyr View Post
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...2011-a-5.html# preview April 2nd. Best not to start another thread on this?
I don't see a problem with starting a new thread for a new year. Additionally, since many of the deals are points, I think the thread location here is more than fine.
Old Mar 27, 12, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, SPG
Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of the deals that were offered last year? The thread from 2011 has mentions of some deals, but I'm wondering if there's a place to see everything they had a year ago?
Old Mar 27, 12, 12:20 pm

Woo hoo! There were some good deals last year
Old Mar 28, 12, 7:10 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UAPlat/Million Miler;Honnors Diamond,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by crimson12 View Post
Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of the deals that were offered last year? The thread from 2011 has mentions of some deals, but I'm wondering if there's a place to see everything they had a year ago?
Post #20 in the Discover America Offered Again This Spring (2011) talks about offerings last year.
Old Mar 28, 12, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Last year, was anyone able to use a non-USA based Amex? I have Visa and MC based in USA but my Amex is Australian.
Old Mar 28, 12, 7:56 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Last year, was anyone able to use a non-USA based Amex? I have Visa and MC based in USA but my Amex is Australian.
+1 for me, I read about someone having problems with the address validation but have heard of workaround on the AA site of succesfully using a foreign CC even though data entry forces a US state and country code so wondering if they will work here.
Old Mar 29, 12, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Good to see this back. You can trick it into accepting some foreign Amex cards, I have bought before.
Old Mar 29, 12, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by burmans View Post
+1 for me, I read about someone having problems with the address validation but have heard of workaround on the AA site of succesfully using a foreign CC even though data entry forces a US state and country code so wondering if they will work here.
Hi Burmans,Do you have any details about workaround to use a foreign CC.Altough very interested int his I was never able to use a canadian CC.
thank you
Old Mar 29, 12, 1:26 pm

Does anybody know of a virtual Amex CC like entropay offer it!?
Old Mar 30, 12, 4:06 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Is an American Express card required for a purchase since this promo is put on by American Express. Or will they accept other cards. I have 5 AMEX myself - no worries there but I'm inquiring for my readers. Like to write on this promo since it is seem to be a big buzz last year.
Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 12, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by slotownmomma View Post
Is an American Express card required for a purchase since this promo is put on by American Express. Or will they accept other cards. I have 5 AMEX myself - no worries there but I'm inquiring for my readers. Like to write on this promo since it is seem to be a big buzz last year.
Thanks!
Not required, but it saves 10%.
Old Mar 30, 12, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Not required, but it saves 10%.
and 10% can soon be 1,000s of $

Search this Thread