FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   Discover America: Daily Getaways 2012 (Amex) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/1329477-discover-america-daily-getaways-2012-amex.html)

lynn_s Mar 27, 2012 8:50 am

Discover America: Daily Getaways 2012 (Amex)

Just got the below email - mods, not sure if this is the place to post it or if it should move elsewhere...

As I recall there were deals on buying points, certificates etc last year

Amazing offers – for a limited time!
Daily Getaways is back! Every weekday from April 9 – May 11, 2012, you can buy amazing travel getaways from DailyGetaways.com at deeply discounted prices. Whether you are looking for a relaxing trip to the beach, taking in the skyscrapers or a day filled with rollercoaster rides — DailyGetaways.com has it all. Choose from over 20 of your favorite travel brands and explore America with no pressure to book or plan right away.

Plus, use any American Express® Card and receive an additional 10% off the final price.

Quantities are limited — start saving today!

TwitterFollow us on Twitter @dailygetaways for sneak-peeks and the most up-to-date information on upcoming travel offers.

Million Mile Secrets Mar 27, 2012 9:00 am

I've been waiting for this to come back!

rustyr Mar 27, 2012 9:32 am

In Spam already

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...2011-a-5.html# preview April 2nd. Best not to start another thread on this?

jcmitchell21 Mar 27, 2012 11:10 am

Originally Posted by rustyr (Post 18282244)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...2011-a-5.html# preview April 2nd. Best not to start another thread on this?

I don't see a problem with starting a new thread for a new year. Additionally, since many of the deals are points, I think the thread location here is more than fine.

crimson12 Mar 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of the deals that were offered last year? The thread from 2011 has mentions of some deals, but I'm wondering if there's a place to see everything they had a year ago?

w0r1dtrave1er Mar 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Woo hoo! There were some good deals last year

rustyr Mar 28, 2012 7:10 am

Originally Posted by crimson12 (Post 18283179)
Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of the deals that were offered last year? The thread from 2011 has mentions of some deals, but I'm wondering if there's a place to see everything they had a year ago?

Post #20 in the Discover America Offered Again This Spring (2011) talks about offerings last year.

Tiki Mar 28, 2012 4:21 pm

Last year, was anyone able to use a non-USA based Amex? I have Visa and MC based in USA but my Amex is Australian.

burmans Mar 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Tiki (Post 18291871)
Last year, was anyone able to use a non-USA based Amex? I have Visa and MC based in USA but my Amex is Australian.

+1 for me, I read about someone having problems with the address validation but have heard of workaround on the AA site of succesfully using a foreign CC even though data entry forces a US state and country code so wondering if they will work here.

Raffles Mar 29, 2012 5:33 am

Good to see this back. You can trick it into accepting some foreign Amex cards, I have bought before.

mitelsp Mar 29, 2012 10:23 am

Originally Posted by burmans (Post 18292913)
+1 for me, I read about someone having problems with the address validation but have heard of workaround on the AA site of succesfully using a foreign CC even though data entry forces a US state and country code so wondering if they will work here.

Hi Burmans,Do you have any details about workaround to use a foreign CC.Altough very interested int his I was never able to use a canadian CC.
thank you

MCruler Mar 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Does anybody know of a virtual Amex CC like entropay offer it!?

milesmomma Mar 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Is an American Express card required for a purchase since this promo is put on by American Express. Or will they accept other cards. I have 5 AMEX myself - no worries there but I'm inquiring for my readers. Like to write on this promo since it is seem to be a big buzz last year.
Thanks!

josephstern Mar 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by slotownmomma (Post 18305444)
Is an American Express card required for a purchase since this promo is put on by American Express. Or will they accept other cards. I have 5 AMEX myself - no worries there but I'm inquiring for my readers. Like to write on this promo since it is seem to be a big buzz last year.
Thanks!

Not required, but it saves 10%.

MCruler Mar 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 18305593)
Not required, but it saves 10%.

and 10% can soon be 1,000s of $ ;)