Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Test drive a car, get a gift card thread?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test drive a car, get a gift card thread?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2012, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by EmilNomel
Hi! I have four extra test drive cards for the W Hotel - Acura promo. If you think you can use them by 10/15/2012 - pm me your address and I will send them out tomorrow. I am in Chicagoland.

Got them at thw W hotel in the Loop. Then I went to the Acura dealership in Naperville and got the dealer sticker, no problem, no test drive.
Just sent a PM. Thanks for the offer!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 7:46 pm

While not in the market for a new vehicle right now, when we are, I will be at least visiting another brand in the dealer chain I visited today for the Acura test drive. When I was greeted by a salesman, I explained what I wanted, and he asked the sales manager about the stickers. They couldn't find them, and offered to call me with a code. I left, figuring I'd never hear from them, and was already making plans to visit another dealer. A few minutes later, they did call, with a code from a sticker. I promptly requested my gift card, and have received the confirmation email!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Thanks EmilNomel! I got the card and was successful at Acura and registered it online and decided to take the Starwood pts.

Originally Posted by EmilNomel
Update: ALL claimed.

( Hi! I have four extra test drive cards for the W Hotel - Acura promo. If you think you can use them by 10/15/2012 - pm me your address and I will send them out tomorrow. I am in Chicagoland.

Got them at thw W hotel in the Loop. Then I went to the Acura dealership in Naperville and got the dealer sticker, no problem, no test drive. )
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Chevy Test Drive for $50 Cabela's gc

https://www.chevyoutdoors.com/

Filll out the entry form to win a truck and then the screen will pop up saying the click next to get the test drive form. Print the form and take it to your Chevy dealer. They will then take the form and enter your info on the computer after the test drive. Gift card is in the mail 4-6 weeks later.

Thanks to MisterCheap on FW.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer

Filll out the entry form to win a truck and then the screen will pop up saying the click next to get the test drive form. Print the form and take it to your Chevy dealer. They will then take the form and enter your info on the computer after the test drive. Gift card is in the mail 4-6 weeks later.

Cabela's retail stores locations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabela's#US

Unfortunately, none near the in the West Coast as rival Bass Pro Shops tends to be the market leader in this neck of the woods.

OTOH, are Cabela's gift cards usable online? If so, it might be worth it if you do a lot of outdoorsman shopping (I could use a nice fishing reel!). ^
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by kebosabi
Cabela's retail stores locations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabela's#US

Unfortunately, none near the in the West Coast as rival Bass Pro Shops tends to be the market leader in this neck of the woods.

OTOH, are Cabela's gift cards usable online? If so, it might be worth it if you do a lot of outdoorsman shopping (I could use a nice fishing reel!). ^
They are redeemable online, or you can always sell them to Plastic Jungle or such.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by kipper
They are redeemable online, or you can always sell them to Plastic Jungle or such.
Cool. I'll consider it as a $50 off coupon for a nice Shimano reel then. ^
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by kebosabi
Cool. I'll consider it as a $50 off coupon for a nice Shimano reel then. ^
As per the standard FT practice, when ordering online, be sure to use one of the many shopping portals to earn points, miles, or cash back.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Went and did it, very easy for a $50 gift card for a retailer which has no stores in CA. Will use it to buy a Shimano fishing reel online. Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer

No pop-up

What answers did you give for the questions regarding both contact, e-mail, and purchase timeframe?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johndoe123
No pop-up

What answers did you give for the questions regarding both contact, e-mail, and purchase timeframe?
There was no pop up for me either. It came up on the very last page once I hit submit.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by johndoe123
No pop-up

There was no pop up. It was above where the form had been once you submitted the form.

I completed one for Mr. Kipper and one for me. I'm pondering asking my parents if they'll do this, in part because I wouldn't complain about an extra $100 in Cabela's gift cards.

Answers I gave were 3-6 months or some such, emails from Chevy, no to dealer contact.

Last edited by kipper; Oct 19, 2012 at 7:19 am
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:28 pm

Easy Peasy at Chevy

It was pouring in Chicago today, and the Chevy salesman was happy I didn't want to take a test drive. He typed in my info from the form i printed out, and I received a confirmation email within the hour.

On the form, I said 1-3 months, no to dealer call, yes to email. I think it was a popup offer.

Now I have completed the trifecta of no-drive test drives mentioned on the last pages. I am curious to see who actually sends me a gift card!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Chevy just worked for me, thx.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Dinner recommendations: pork!
Originally Posted by kipper
There was no pop up. It was above where the form had been once you submitted the form.

I completed one for Mr. Kipper and one for me. I'm pondering asking my parents if they'll do this, in part because I wouldn't complain about an extra $100 in Cabela's gift cards.

Answers I gave were 3-6 months or some such, emails from Chevy, no to dealer contact.
You've been selected to receive a private offer of a $50 Cabela's gift card.

This is what appears. I did one for myself. No cigar. I then did one for a relative. Cigar. Not sure why. My answers were the same as kipper, except 7-12 months and e-mails from Cabela ok. I don't remember if I said ok to Cabela e-mails or not for the unsuccessful attempt. I used the same computer. The unsuccessful attempt was last week. The successful attempt was today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.