Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Test drive a car, get a gift card thread?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test drive a car, get a gift card thread?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by kebosabi
Dodge is giving away $10 AMEX gift cards for those who come in and do a test drive. Valid thru 9/16/2012

Info is here: http://www.dodgedartroad2vegas.com/testdrive/

Might be worth it if you have a Dodge dealership close by.
Thanks! My now 18 year old son is excited. He did the last Kia test drive and had a blast.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Best deal I've seen and completed was a few years back: test drive a Mazda RX-8, get an iPod Shuffle mail-in coupon (for $10 S&H...still worthwhile). But then I proceeded to lose said iPod on a UA flight a few months later. Easy come, easy go.

Haven't seen any similar offers from anyone in a while, but will keep an eye out...
Old Aug 18, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Thanks!!!!!! Will be doing this today!!!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Report on the Dodge Dart test drive.

Went to the nearest Dodge dealer where I live (about 5 mi away), dealer gave me the code, but when I tried to enter it in, it didn't have enough digits.

E-mailed the support on the link, explained the situation, and they sent me a valid code the next day.

So if your code doesn't work, just send them an e-mail and wait for a response with a valid code.

Now waiting for my $10 gift card.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:13 pm

I drove the Dart last Monday. As per usual the dealer knew nothing about the promo, he (as per the previous account) wrote the 5 char dealer # in the code box - and as we've found out, you need a 12 char code. I also contacted Dodge and they gave me a 12 char code that I've now submitted.

As for the car, replace Dodge with dog and replace the d in dart with an f - and there you have it, it was the worst car I've driven in many a year.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by asandrs
As for the car, replace Dodge with dog and replace the d in dart with an f - and there you have it, it was the worst car I've driven in many a year.
Ditto. The Dodge Dart was not really an appealing car. The engine was weak even on a stick-shift.

In sharp contrast, I also did a Lincoln MKZ Hybrid test drive the same day from a mailer offer for a $50 Target gift card. Now that was a nice car that I might consider buying. Even it's a hybrid it had the power that satisfied me. With gas prices these days, a hybrid vehicle that gets 40+ MPG is a good way to help your household finances IMO.

If anyone gets a mailer to test drive a Lincoln MKZ Hybrid like I did, I say it's actually worth taking the test drive. ^
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Gary Leff (View From the Wing blog) posted this just a few days ago:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...ving-an-acura/

This promo requires that you get an Acura rewards card from a W hotel and then bring that to the Acura dealer. Doesn't work for me because there are no nearby W hotels for me.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus

This promo requires that you get an Acura rewards card from a W hotel and then bring that to the Acura dealer. Doesn't work for me because there are no nearby W hotels for me.
Thanks. I'm heading off to Boston this weekend and will be near a W Hotel there. I'll make a note of it to pick up this rewards card while I'm there. ^
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:26 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I just did one for a Range Rover for $100 GC - targeted snail mail - funny thing was that I was quite annoyed at Land Rover - had a 2007 Range Rover that early this Spring at 4.5 years old / 18k miles blew its radiator which to fix was $1600 - fixed it and got rid of the car.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:31 pm

back when I was still in school I got a few of them for luxury cars.

they each paid $100 to $150, now that I might be able to buy one of those cards I don't see the offers anymore.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Went to the W Hotel in Boston this past weekend and the concierge gave me the paper certificate with the validation code on it. Back in LA, went to the Acura dealer, did a test drive for the Acura ILX Hybrid and they gave me a sticker code. Overall it was an easy way to get a $50 AMEX gift card. Now waiting to get it in the mail, should be 6-8 weeks after promo ends.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
W Washington?

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus

Anyone have any luck with the promo at the W Washington (DC)? I might pop over there, as long as I can be reasonably assured staff won't look at me like I have an arm growing out of my head when I ask about the promo.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:21 am
dc3

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Anyone have any luck with the promo at the W Washington (DC)? I might pop over there, as long as I can be reasonably assured staff won't look at me like I have an arm growing out of my head when I ask about the promo.

There is no problem getting a voucher for the promotion. There is even an Acura desk there (when I went last week).
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by dc3
There is no problem getting a voucher for the promotion. There is even an Acura desk there (when I went last week).
If that's the case, and if the dealer doesn't need to be local, perhaps someone wouldn't mind snagging a few extras?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: United 1K|SPG Plat
Originally Posted by kipper
perhaps someone wouldn't mind snagging a few extras?
They would only give me four, all claimed by friends

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.