Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by uxb
It appears to be the way to go; especially, if you are owed a lot of points. I was owed over $100 in points. It might not mean much, but no one forced them to make those offers to us.
After you succeeded in getting those points and cashing them in, who initiated the divorce -- you or mypoints?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:23 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
After you succeeded in getting those points and cashing them in, who initiated the divorce -- you or mypoints?
ME! I have been a member of MyPoints since 2005 and have earned over a half million points lifetime. Enough already. Either convert the site to Swagbucks or adopt better CS procedures.
KathyWdrf likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:14 am
Suspended

Still havent gotten my Bonus Pts for reaching my monthly goal

Missing my Feb and March pts. Is there a hidden or magic button on the page you go to to set the new Goals? The old way they sent an email when you completed them and the pts showed up like clockwork by the end of the 1st week of the new month. Now they say click thru to set your goals and get the pts from what you did last month

Of cause they dont reply to any emails

I will probably just finish off my last UA cashin and thats that, besdes with UA doing away with an Award Chart the miles will be worth alot less then they have been to now
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:30 am

To see goals I type the word "Goals" in the shopping option and an icon appears that takes me there - hope it works for you
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:54 pm
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by craz
Missing my Feb and March pts. Is there a hidden or magic button on the page you go to to set the new Goals? The old way they sent an email when you completed them and the pts showed up like clockwork by the end of the 1st week of the new month. Now they say click thru to set your goals and get the pts from what you did last month

Of cause they dont reply to any emails

I will probably just finish off my last UA cashin and thats that, besdes with UA doing away with an Award Chart the miles will be worth alot less then they have been to now
One of the "enhancements" MyPoints made around February was that they no longer auto-post your Monthly Goals points...you have to go in and claim them on the monthly goal tracking page. https://blog.mypoints.com/2019/02/12...ly-goal-bonus/

I hope they do right and post them for you if you email in and ask for help, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Justin Does...
One of the "enhancements" MyPoints made around February was that they no longer auto-post your Monthly Goals points...you have to go in and claim them on the monthly goal tracking page. https://blog.mypoints.com/2019/02/12...ly-goal-bonus/

I hope they do right and post them for you if you email in and ask for help, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Thx! I knew it wasnt automatic but thought simply setting up the new months goals and confirming it was what was needed

will see what if anything I can get thats Febs and Marchs, not holding my breath

Heres my story;

Seems according to them I didnt do all of my Dailys, yet from my sheet I did 1 more then I had to, so thats gone no March, for Feb it shows I did everything but the Claims button doesnt appear so I guess you have 1 month to claim past done goals so I probably had till April1 st to do so

I emailed but got back some nonsense so Im not gonna waste my time with them

Going forward I will probably not do theGoals any longer, solves the problem was usually in the neighborhood of 500 pts

Last edited by craz; Apr 11, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Old May 2, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles
I haven't checked FT for a while and found this (have been a MyPoints member since 5/2006, so I should know something)....

First, you have until the 8th / 9th (based on PST / PDT or GMT-6/7 hour) of the month to submit your Monthly Goals.

Then, there is under the "More" tab on the upper black bar a "Monthly Goals" item, which will let you see a DAILY UPDATED watch of where you're at.

After MyPoints confirms you've reached the Monthly Goal (before the end of the month) said tab will have a link where you claim the Monthly Goals bonus (claim it as soon as it appears). You have until the 5th / early 6th of the next month to claim THERE the Bonus and it's NOT AUTOMATIC.

THAT'S ALL TO IT! I have been able to claim the Monthly Bonus that way in the several months that feature has been implemented (my latest was claimed on the 27th of the month for 715 MyPoints).

Just keep checking the Monthly Goals section on the "More" tab every 1-2 days after setting (once claimed there will be a line stating the date and the points claimed where the link was).
Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Does any know what the current United Miles redemption options are? I see that they added a new one: 3200 MyPoints = 1000 UA miles. What about the other two options? (I don't have enough points to see the other options.)
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Does any know what the current United Miles redemption options are? I see that they added a new one: 3200 MyPoints = 1000 UA miles. What about the other two options? (I don't have enough points to see the other options.)
6900 points for 2500 miles
13,800 points for 5000 miles
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by runchadrun
6900 points for 2500 miles
13,800 points for 5000 miles
Thank you!
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:07 am

Anyone else having troubles with using Visa Gift cards with Venmo? Added them to my account without any issues, but they just don't work to send someone money.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I had been racking up a lot of points with videos and nCraves but suddenly the availability has changed. Longer videos that were six or more points are now just two or four points and there are only a couple of nCraves and no autoplays.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm wondering if they're throttling my account because I earned too much too fast or if they're just lowering the earnings potential in general.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by ShopAround
I had been racking up a lot of points with videos and nCraves but suddenly the availability has changed. Longer videos that were six or more points are now just two or four points and there are only a couple of nCraves and no autoplays.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm wondering if they're throttling my account because I earned too much too fast or if they're just lowering the earnings potential in general.
Yeah, that's happening to me too but I'm probably one of the big users/abusers as well. I used to be able to rack up 300-400 points a day just with videos and now it's been cut in half. They added captchas to the auto-running nCraves a few days ago and you have to respond every 3-4 videos. Before you could let them run overnight. The Laptop nCrave is only 3 points for me (was 6) and takes twice as long. The Coffee Cup is faster but I only see 2 or 3 of those per day. The regular videos are greatly reduced in quantity and points. Gone are the three 12-pointers in the Travel section and now everything is 2 or 4 points that used to be 4 or 6. However, there's a better availability of Laptop Guy sponsored videos now.

I really don't blame them and I wondered how much longer I was going to be able to get away with it. At least they didn't cut me off entirely.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:11 pm

Yeah, I’m not happy with the devaluation either. For the last 15 months or so I’ve been redeeming for 5000 United miles every 30 days or so. That has come to a screeching halt. On the plus side I have gotten 72 points for searching in the last two days...
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:48 pm

Well, I closed my MyPoints account. I had a significant number of points in there but my email was hacked and the account cleaned out and all the points redeemed for $58 in Amazon.com gift certificates. The key here is, don't use the same password for MyPoints (or other accounts) that you use for your email account. I suspect this came from a Yahoo breach and once they accessed my email account they saw the MyPoints BonusMails and then proceeded to login to MyPoints and do the redemptions.

I have found going through the daily emails more of a chore lately and decided to cut my losses and not bother anymore. The lack of 5 point click throughs also makes it so much longer to earn enough points to get anything. We will shift our shopping through other online malls as we have been doing with most purchases anyway. I was only earning points from the clickthroughs lately anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.