Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Apr 30, 2012, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by JerryFF
The $50, $75, and $100 Marriott awards are all available as of this morning.
I don't see the $100 Marriott card in stock now. How any points was it, so I can see if I want to wait for one of those to be back in stock?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by dldkjones
I don't see the $100 Marriott card in stock now. How any points was it, so I can see if I want to wait for one of those to be back in stock?
I have access to the $50 and $75. ($75 is the best bang for the buck)

$75 9,100 points
$50 6,850 points
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
750 bonus MP miles by joining "MyPoints" but wont let me enter MP# (bad format?!)

I received an email offer today to get 750 bonus MP miles, but when I tried to join it wouldnt accept my MP # (I am guessing because its in CO OP format)

ANy one else have same issue?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:14 am

Seems like more and more offers are coming with 0 points to view the partner website. Disappointing... hopefully it is just me.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
No, it's not just you. These have become more and more prevalent as time goes on. It used to be, when I first signed up many years ago, that not receiving 5 points for a click thru was rare. Now it is almost the norm. Still, a point is a point is a point. In the beginning I also did not do the surveys. Stupid me. Now, that is the way I get the majority of my points. Still I am able to redeem for 5000 miles a year.
Old May 2, 2012, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by fragment54
Seems like more and more offers are coming with 0 points to view the partner website. Disappointing... hopefully it is just me.
Indeed -- another observation that has been made on just about every page of this thread! (OK, maybe every two or three pages.)
Old May 2, 2012, 5:50 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Indeed -- another observation that has been made on just about every page of this thread! (OK, maybe every two or three pages.)
These days, the best way to rake in MyPoints is by staying at SPG properties.
Old May 15, 2012, 12:19 pm

The End of an Era

Originally Posted by balima
No, it's not just you. These have become more and more prevalent as time goes on. It used to be, when I first signed up many years ago, that not receiving 5 points for a click thru was rare. Now it is almost the norm. Still, a point is a point is a point. In the beginning I also did not do the surveys. Stupid me. Now, that is the way I get the majority of my points. Still I am able to redeem for 5000 miles a year.
These days, only about one in six emails is a five-point click through. The rest are pure garbage. I have about 100 points to go before reaching a cash-in level.....after that, I'm sending MyPoints emails to the trash folder for a while. If I hear that things go back to the old ways, I'll start paying attention again.

As a MyPoints member since 2001, I remember the "good old days" when 99% of emails were 5 points to click through, as well as the bonus offers in the emails often being really attractive as well. These days it's "get 500 points for joining Jillian Michaels Online" and other such nonsense.
Old May 16, 2012, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
These days, the best way to rake in MyPoints is by staying at SPG properties.
How do you earn MyPoints for SPG stays?
Old May 17, 2012, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by DarcyMae
These days, only about one in six emails is a five-point click through. The rest are pure garbage...
Wow, that's pretty bad.

I get a much higher proportion than one in six; I would say one in three, maybe even one in two. Perhaps you are underestimating (or exaggerating how bad it really is).

Also, you say "the rest are pure garbage." Even the surveys??? Even when I disqualify, I get 10 points; and fairly often, I get the full 50 (or 75 or whatever) points from surveys.

Anyhow, we're beating a dead horse here....
Old May 17, 2012, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by starflyer
How do you earn MyPoints for SPG stays?
You have to search for the specific brand you are looking to stay in, such as Sheraton, Westin or W Hotels. Then click the link that says "2 Points per dollar"
Old May 29, 2012, 2:04 am
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Under "My Alerts" last week I received the following message:

You're one of MyPoints top members, so stay tuned your rewards are getting amped up! Watch out for an email with more details.

Did anyone else get this? Have you received the email yet?
Old May 29, 2012, 4:00 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Saas
You have to search for the specific brand you are looking to stay in, such as Sheraton, Westin or W Hotels. Then click the link that says "2 Points per dollar"
Le Meridien and Four Points are also on that list. If you want to do aloft or Element properties, then just book from the Sheraton link and it will be credited as a Sheraton stay. Obviously, it is not the only hotel chain worth mentioning here. Radisson and IHG chains also have a presence on MyPoints.

Originally Posted by Premier Monkey

You're one of MyPoints top members, so stay tuned — your rewards are getting amped up! Watch out for an email with more details.

I got this; however, the only way they will likely amp up rewards is by making them cost more points.
Old May 29, 2012, 6:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

You're one of MyPoints top members, so stay tuned your rewards are getting amped up! Watch out for an email with more details.

I did receive it as well.
Old May 29, 2012, 6:27 am

I got this too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.