FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2012, 12:19 pm
DarcyMae

The End of an Era

Originally Posted by balima
No, it's not just you. These have become more and more prevalent as time goes on. It used to be, when I first signed up many years ago, that not receiving 5 points for a click thru was rare. Now it is almost the norm. Still, a point is a point is a point. In the beginning I also did not do the surveys. Stupid me. Now, that is the way I get the majority of my points. Still I am able to redeem for 5000 miles a year.
These days, only about one in six emails is a five-point click through. The rest are pure garbage. I have about 100 points to go before reaching a cash-in level.....after that, I'm sending MyPoints emails to the trash folder for a while. If I hear that things go back to the old ways, I'll start paying attention again.

As a MyPoints member since 2001, I remember the "good old days" when 99% of emails were 5 points to click through, as well as the bonus offers in the emails often being really attractive as well. These days it's "get 500 points for joining Jillian Michaels Online" and other such nonsense.