Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:12 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
As for the Bing search engine, they listed my business 180 miles away in a different city, which I did not know about until I started getting calls for room reservations for nights when were were closed in the winter. When I found out where a caller was getting the information about the wrong city, he said Bing search. When I looked it up, I found to my horror that the information had then replicated all over the internet. It took hundreds of emails and months of time to get most of them changed back to the correct area, I even had to wait weeks for the verification card to arrive from Bing confirming who I was. What a hassle! Since my calls are forwarded to our winter state, I was the one paying for every call.
JudyJFLA
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Keep the feedback coming

This is really helpful to hear all the feedback. I really appreciate it.

@JudyJFLA - I'm very sorry to hear about the painful experiences you had with Club Bing and Bing search so far. I understand your frustration. I will certainly voice your concerns to the right people.

@PG We are always looking to add new rewards to the redemption center. Recently we added Facebook credits, which you can redeem if you play games like CityVille or FarmVille on Facebook. Let us know if you have other ideas.

@nshelledy - Glad you like Bing Rewards!

@linsj - That's strange.

@thelostshark - Hmm. I know that Bing Bar is capable of running with other toolbars. I'll check to make sure, but it might be the other toolbar that is inhibiting it.

@lhs323, @lecter - I'm sorry to hear about that. For now, Rewards is limited to US residents. But I will check about US residents living abroad. This is good feedback that we really do appreciate, even if it's negative.

@Aaron20, @jtn, @schooleydoo - We definitely hear this a lot. IE9 is a great browser, and hopefully you all upgrade if you are using an older version. But we know a lot of folks like Firefox, or Safari, or Chrome. We are working hard to address this concern, and I'll have some more information to share later this month. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised

Last edited by Nick_Bing; Apr 6, 2011 at 12:45 pm Reason: additional respondents
Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:36 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by PG
This used to be a better program several months ago, but now the points awarded need a lot more searches. Plus as mentioned there are limits to how many of a given prize can be redeemed.
Indeed, I preferred when Bing Rewards awarded 1 point per search. Now, in my case it's 5 searches=1 point.

Nick-- please consider having a higher number of points awarded for searches rather than increasing the number of searches required to simply earn one point.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE offer higher point reward redemptions for AAdvantage miles. Right now, the highest amount of AA miles that one can redeem points for is 100 AAdvantage miles. After a few months of difficulties in redeeming points for AAdvantage miles, now it's a very easy redemption process, and the miles post rather quickly to my AAdvantage account.

Please consider offering a higher level of AAdvantage Mile redemptions, such as for 500, or 1000 AAdvantage miles redemptions.

Also consider telling the folks at Microsoft to reconsider offering a program that offers points or cashback [perhaps Bing Rewards] for online shopping purchases, similar to the former Bing Cashback program.

And Welcome to FlyerTalk; we welcome an official presence for Bing on FT.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by Nick_Bing
This is really helpful to hear all the feedback. I really appreciate it.

@thelostshark - Hmm. I know that Bing Bar is capable of running with other toolbars. I'll check to make sure, but it might be the other toolbar that is inhibiting it.
Well, after numerous more tries, I was able to download the Bing Bar, and it is working smoothly. I'm not sure what was happening before, but all's well that ends well. tls
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: AA mostly
The Bing Rewards Preview Terms of Use have been updated and your continued participation will be governed by the updated terms. We have extended the availability of the Bing Rewards Preview until December 31, 2011 and the date by which to redeem your credits until March 31, 2012. During the Preview, unredeemed credits shall expire if you do not earn any credits for 180 days. By clicking the "I accept" button below you are accepting the updated Bing Rewards Preview Terms of Use. You may stop your participation in the Bing Rewards Preview by clicking the "I don’t accept" button below.

My toolbar is still up, I just had to agree to these new terms.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:28 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Nick_Bing
@PG We are always looking to add new rewards to the redemption center. Recently we added Facebook credits, which you can redeem if you play games like CityVille or FarmVille on Facebook. Let us know if you have other ideas.
I'm probably in the minority, but I rarely use facebook. Please consider adding more frequent flyer and travel options and get rid of the limits on the number of times existing rewards can be redeemed.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Bing Rewards Update

Looks like earning on Bing Rewards just got easier: http://www.bing.com/community/Site_B...g-rewards.aspx

No longer limited to using IE and having to download the Bing Toolbar (both of which were major barriers for me).
Old May 26, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: DL
Club Bing Toolbar and VIP Programs Will End on June 9

That's the banner that's up today.

Another notice about charitable donations "being available in the CB Prize Mall until May 31" has been up for some time.
Old May 26, 2011, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Five searches per point sounds like a lot. I could be persuaded to switch search engines, but not for this exchange rate. I understand that MSFT is a profit generating business, so I wouldn't expect you to operate at a loss on the toolbar indefinitely, but the exchange rate is too poor for my blood.

Since you're on a FF bulletin board, you'll get a lot of people asking for miles. Add me to that crowd. But for now, a Starbucks gift card is fine.

Mike
Old May 27, 2011, 2:30 am

Don't know if Bing Rewards is the same as Club Bing but, if so, I have to say that it sucks. Played some games for points, submitted request for FF miles, waited 8 weeks...nothing. E-mailed CS and they responded that my request was still being processed to make sure that I complied with their T&C. After verification it would take yet another 8-12 weeks for miles to be credited to my account. Ridiculous!

Have no intention of using Bing in the future.
Old May 28, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL
My miles have usually posted on my ff acct about 8-10 weeks after redeeming the prize from Club Bing. It wasn't an 8 weeks PLUS 8-12 weeks thing for me. Sure, I wish the process was quicker, but I'll take those miles!
Old May 29, 2011, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by penguin085
My miles have usually posted on my ff acct about 8-10 weeks after redeeming the prize from Club Bing. It wasn't an 8 weeks PLUS 8-12 weeks thing for me. Sure, I wish the process was quicker, but I'll take those miles!
This coming week will be the 12th since I submitted my request. Maybe the miles will post without my having to pester them again, maybe not.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:48 am

I think the redemption cost for AA miles is way too high.

A $10 Amazon card is 1081 points. That works out to about .93 cents per point.

100 AA miles is 413 points. That works out to around .35 to .60 cents per point (depending on how much you value miles). It just doesn't make sense to redeem miles for such a bad exchange rate when much better rates are available. Also, the gift cards are much more easily liquidized that miles.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
OK, Nick:

Like many here, I have to start by telling you - if you don't already know - that Club Bing was a dishonest scam job that soured me on anything having to do with Microsoft. Still leaves a very bad taste. If anyone associated with it had any self-respect they'd quit. I don't care what some nutso gamers did; that didn't give you carte blanche to screw everyone else over - and you did. Relentlessly, and sometimes apparently just for fun. If I have a chance to tell people what a con job MS perpretrated, I do.

It's one thing to say you'll pass along the negative feelings some members have expressed. What does that mean? Who will be helped? What will be changed? My bet: nada.

I am using Bing Rewards, because it seems to work. I don't like that different people seem to have to meet different search criteria (and I know damn well they do, because the different people are my wife and I), and I don't like the limitations on the only prize I'm interested in (miles). But I'll do it as long as it keeps working until I get close to rewards end - unless I see the same spiral and screw over that I saw before.

FTF
Old Jul 10, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
I've tried to download the Bing search engine. No go. I sometimes play games on Bing to earn frequent flyer miles. No so much anymore since I've read all the posts here. I think it's a betrayal to offer mileage points, then limit them to one each. If I could download the Bing page, I might be more inclined to use it. I don't know what to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.