Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by chrisny2
I don't think so - look in the chart on the post above.
oh.....I'm glad I was wrong.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
If I read that chart correctly, because they're removing the approximately 10% reduction in points required for non-Microsoft products that Gold members get, it'll now take 100 more searches to get a $5 Amazon gift card. tls
Old Aug 18, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thelostshark
If I read that chart correctly, because they're removing the approximately 10% reduction in points required for non-Microsoft products that Gold members get, it'll now take 100 more searches to get a $5 Amazon gift card. tls
Yup - a 10% devaluation for me, and Mrs. FTF, because we also use my Bing Rewards points for Amazon GCs. Not happy.

FTF
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
They have a huge number of things to click on today - at least 20! Nice bump in points!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
It appears to be a bug. If you click on one of the contest (no points) links, it will refresh and display a bunch of +1 point links that they should not be showing you yet, like Labor Day. The points post anyway, so I'm clicking them all!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by diburning
It appears to be a bug. If you click on one of the contest (no points) links, it will refresh and display a bunch of +1 point links that they should not be showing you yet, like Labor Day. The points post anyway, so I'm clicking them all!
not surprised Bing has a bug, but hey, I'll take it! If it saves me clicking three things a day for the next 10 days, I'm not complaining.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:49 am

And... it appears to have been fixed.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
The new system went live for me today. The devaluation has begun.

But at least they have double points on searches today. tls
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:54 pm

They did not offer me the double points. Must be a targeted enhancement.

At least everything was multiplied x10 for point values, and no (further) devaluation via redemption rates have been observed. Anything that cost 525 points before costs 5250 points now. The status discount is gone (as mentioned before) and appears to be the only devaluation (so far)
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:05 am

Another double search day, both PC and mobile. tls
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:27 am

So I have a bonus opportunity this month. If I do 1500 searches, then I get 500 bonus points. But daily limits apply, so with 31 days in October, the maximum number of searches is 50 times 31, or 1550. They're not giving me much leeway.

I contacted them to see if the goal could be adjusted to a more realist number, and they said that daily limits might change in a random fashion, which I read to mean they might increase from 50 on random days. We shall see. tls
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
There was a change I don't like in my dashboard tonight -- while there's an expanded offer for more hours this month (50 points per "Edge hour" for up to 60 hours), the Daily Search is down to 50 points/day with no option for mobile search. Hopefully this is just a temporary deviation ...
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by thelostshark
So I have a bonus opportunity this month. If I do 1500 searches, then I get 500 bonus points. But daily limits apply, so with 31 days in October, the maximum number of searches is 50 times 31, or 1550. They're not giving me much leeway.

I contacted them to see if the goal could be adjusted to a more realist number, and they said that daily limits might change in a random fashion, which I read to mean they might increase from 50 on random days. We shall see. tls
My wife got that, I didn't. She made all her searches and go the bonus (barely as tls calculated - with one day to spare but no bonus help with extra searches from them! I liked your theory but I guess they just like cutting it close!

FTF
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by icurhere2
There was a change I don't like in my dashboard tonight -- while there's an expanded offer for more hours this month (50 points per "Edge hour" for up to 60 hours), the Daily Search is down to 50 points/day with no option for mobile search. Hopefully this is just a temporary deviation ...
Wow, that sucks. My dashboard and my wife's look normal, just to provide a data point, but of course that could change any day. You could try complaining but it seems when people do that they just get a non-response that they vary. Could be an experiment to see what you'll do. I know what I'd do - I'd be ticked off!

FTF
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Wow, that sucks. My dashboard and my wife's look normal, just to provide a data point, but of course that could change any day. You could try complaining but it seems when people do that they just get a non-response that they vary. Could be an experiment to see what you'll do. I know what I'd do - I'd be ticked off!

FTF
Back to "normal" today -- guess Bing noticed exactly 10 searches from me yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.