Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thelostshark
I contacted them. Response is below in itals. Apparently I'm some sort of guinea pig, but rest assured, it's being used to "improve" the overall member experience. Some improvement.

We would like to inform you that in the Bing Rewards program, we test and learn, making regular updates and refinements. We constantly make changes to the program which may include changing the number of credits that can be used to redeem a reward. As a part of our testing and learning, credit requirements may sometimes be different to other users. This helps us improve our overall program and the member experience.

We apologize again for any disappointment our recent changes may have caused. Thank you for being a loyal Bing Rewards member and be sure to frequently check your dashboard to take advantage of offers to earn additional credits.

Thank you for your kind understanding.
WOW, that sucks.
They're hosing you over totally and you're supposed to understand. That'd be kind of you all right.

And if they go to that for everyone, that'd essentially nuke the program for me.

Hope your value goes back to normal. I'm sure it wouldn't help but I'd be writing back without a lot of kindness.

FTF
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
well, the fact that Bing already has to pay people to use their search engine (because frankly, it *sucks* and I only ever use it if I know it's going to find the Wikipedia page I need) just shows their incompetence. If they want people ti keep searching, this is not the way to go.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:25 pm

More Rewards Disappearing

I noticed earlier today when I clicked on the link for the PaPa John's gift card, there is a message saying that this reward will not be available after December 31, 2015. So, if you have any interest in redeeming points for a $5 or $10 GC, the clock is ticking....
Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:31 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I contacted them. Response is below in itals. Apparently I'm some sort of guinea pig, but rest assured, it's being used to "improve" the overall member experience. Some improvement.

We would like to inform you that in the Bing Rewards program, we test and learn, making regular updates and refinements. We constantly make changes to the program which may include changing the number of credits that can be used to redeem a reward. As a part of our testing and learning, credit requirements may sometimes be different to other users. This helps us improve our overall program and the member experience.

We apologize again for any disappointment our recent changes may have caused. Thank you for being a loyal Bing Rewards member and be sure to frequently check your dashboard to take advantage of offers to earn additional credits.

Thank you for your kind understanding.
That's their generic response for any sort of complaints. They've sent the exact same response when people question why they need three (or more) searches to earn a point as opposed to two for everyone else.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by hawkandhoo
I noticed earlier today when I clicked on the link for the PaPa John's gift card, there is a message saying that this reward will not be available after December 31, 2015. So, if you have any interest in redeeming points for a $5 or $10 GC, the clock is ticking....
Wow, that seems kind of new for them. Usually all bad news from Bing (and Live before it, etc.) was never even delivered - the program would just get degraded or something taken away and when it happened, we'd figure it out. I guess it's a minuscule first step forward for them since pizza fans can stock up. I thought it was in their DNA to just clobber people with the change.

FTF
Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
It figures. Papa John's is one of the few things still there for me at 475 for a $5 GC. I expect that after my next redemption, this will be it for me. 775 searches for a $5 GC is not worth it. tls
Old Dec 18, 2015, 2:13 pm

775 searches for a $5 GC is not worth it.
Try doubling that. It's 2 searches (or more) per point
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Not too long ago Bing ran an offer that if you downloaded their mobile app, you could get 20 points a day for 20 mobile searches, instead of 10 points (but only if you used the app, not your phone's browser). So I did that, and it worked great for a while. I was getting 38 points a day instead of 28.

But as of (I think) Jan. 1, it went back to a max of 10 points for the mobile searches. Did this happen to anyone else? Was it a limited time offer? I'm thinking of deleting the Bing app. tls
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:51 am

Not too long ago Bing ran an offer that if you downloaded their mobile app, you could get 20 points a day for 20 mobile searches, instead of 10 points (but only if you used the app, not your phone's browser). So I did that, and it worked great for a while. I was getting 38 points a day instead of 28.

But as of (I think) Jan. 1, it went back to a max of 10 points for the mobile searches. Did this happen to anyone else? Was it a limited time offer? I'm thinking of deleting the Bing app. tls
I don't remember the offer, or getting 20 points/day. But Mrs. FTF does have the app, and she gets 10 points/day.

FTF
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter

There was a brief offer of 10 additional mobile points for searches from iPhones that came up in my account (was not eligible, as I carry a Windows Phone) but nothing that was promised over a longer duration.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:08 am

I didn't remember it as being time limited, but I guess it was. It was nice while it lasted. tls
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:23 pm

Microsoft sent me an email today saying that Bing Rewards is changing to Microsoft Rewards. It said there will be new ways to earn, including surfing the web with their new browser and making purchases at the Microsoft store.

The point structure is changing, but I don't know if there's a devaluation.

The link below is to their web page, which has a link to an FAQ page.

http://www.bing.com/explore/ms-rewar...t.mc_id=MD14PV
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:35 pm

Old system on left, new system on right.

There's a slight devaluation in it for Level 2 (previously Gold) tier redemptions. The Gold tier redemption was 10% off the credits needed. Under the new program, the 10% off only applies to Microsoft brand rewards.

Most other things will stay the same although credits will be converted to points at a 1 to 10 ratio, and everything else is simply multiplied by 10. There may or may not be a further devaluation snuck in where rewards cost more points than they do now for redemption.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:00 pm

Microsoft Store only?

The way I read it the only reward option will now be credit at the Microsoft Store.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by keegokid
The way I read it the only reward option will now be credit at the Microsoft Store.
I don't think so - look in the chart on the post above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.