Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Groupon (Master Thread)

Groupon (Master Thread)

Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by kipper
Just received an email from Groupon to earn $10 in Groupon Bucks when you use the Groupon app to purchase a deal – whether it's a Daily Deal or a Now! Deal.* Offer ends June 28, 2011.

http://www.groupon.com/pages/mobile4offer-faq-nowmarket
"This is a by-invitation-only offer to select Groupon subscribers."
Old Jun 16, 2011, 1:15 am

About a month ago, Groupon sent out an email offering $30 for referrals. I think the offer ended a few days ago.

Has anyone received the additional $20 referral bonus?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 4:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
My favorite Groupon, half off Cafe Press t-shirts

The deal expired on the previous post to half price Cafe Press but they seem to put this deal up pretty often in different cities.

Pay $25 for $50 worth of Cafe Press t-shirts or other items. Found this just in time to buy a couple of baby gifts with our Animal Shelter logo on them :whoopie:

Buy it by Saturday 6/18, use it by Sept 19, 2011

Go through the Aadvantage shopping mall to buy the Groupon and can get 8 miles per $1 spent. I always need those miles to fly to Hawaii

look on the left sidebar of the page to see the Cafe Press deal.

Last edited by Spiff; Jun 16, 2011 at 4:48 pm Reason: referral link removed.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by TxTrav
The deal expired on the previous post to half price Cafe Press but they seem to put this deal up pretty often in different cities.
Currently available for Fort Myers. The link without a referral code...
http://www.groupon.com/deals/cafepress-fort-myers-1

(Still, go through something like AA's shopping portal first!)

Excellent for anyone who wants to buy some FlyerTalk merchandise.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by TxTrav

Pay $25 for $50 worth of Cafe Press t-shirts or other items. Found this just in time to buy a couple of baby gifts with our Animal Shelter logo on them :whoopie:

Buy it by Saturday 6/18, use it by Sept 19, 2011

Go through the Aadvantage shopping mall to buy the Groupon and can get 8 miles per $1 spent. I always need those miles to fly to Hawaii

look on the left sidebar of the page to see the Cafe Press deal.
Same deal is currently on Groupon for St. Louis. Must buy by Saturday also.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:28 am

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P
Originally Posted by kipper
Just received an email from Groupon to earn $10 in Groupon Bucks when you use the Groupon app to purchase a deal – whether it's a Daily Deal or a Now! Deal.* Offer ends June 28, 2011.

http://www.groupon.com/pages/mobile4offer-faq-nowmarket
... :-)
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:48 pm

(referral link removed by moderator)

Groupon for Lowell Observatory $30.00

The cool thing is this will also pay for Free admission to over 300 affiliated science centers.http://www.lowell.edu/friends/conten...TCPassport.pdf

Disclaimer:

If 2 of your friends click it and buy this deal, we’ll give you Groupon Bucks equal to the price you paid. It’s like getting the deal for free!

Last edited by Spiff; Jun 25, 2011 at 7:41 am
Old Jun 25, 2011, 5:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
No referral links on this thread, please. If you read through the thread, you'll see that all of them have been edited out.

The link to the deal referenced, without the referral link is:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/lowell-observatory-phoenix
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:01 am

Groupon is offering a $50 Frontier credit for $25: http://www.groupon.com/oklahoma-city...utm_source=rvs

PS: I hope I don't get hammered for also posting this on the Frontier board, I only have good intentions.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Avis $20 for $40

Expedia Getaways is having a $20 for $40 towards a rental from Avis at 2,100 locations including US and Canada with 2 Day rental min.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:37 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
London Groupon - 30 min B737 Simulator experience for Ł39

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/london/ipilot/872617 via iPilot

Last edited by Spiff; Sep 15, 2011 at 11:06 pm Reason: referral link removed
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:47 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
"32 Miles per $1" Groupon is affiliated with the airline programs' Shopping Malls. Advisory was in a drop-down curtain from the USAir toolbar that helps to exploit the Dividend Miles Grand Slam program, and didn't offer details. May be only in USAir Dividend Miles program. May be just today.

Now, cover all this with the caveat that Cartera, which is behind the Shopping Malls, and is a key link in making this work, is very unreliable.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Well, that changed in a heartbeat. This addendum is so as not to mislead. This morning it was 32x (would have been excellent with today's "Groupon Goods" offer of an Android 2.3 tablet for $129... 4,000+ miles), mid-day it was 1 mi. per $1, then 8x this evening.

The only real take away is that it's a better idea to buy Groupons through an airline shopping mall, and get miles, than not. That's if you can live with what Forrest Gump's mama always said: "...like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get..."
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:34 pm
Original Member

Has everyone been getting their airline miles for Groupon purchases? Mine came in like clockwork until the end of June. Now, I haven't gotten any UA miles since and have made several Groupon purchases.

Groupon says contact United and United states they want an email confirmation stating purchase. I haven't gotten a confirmation number or email that lists cost of purchase from Groupon.

Any advice or feedback? Is this happening to anyone else?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:46 pm

I haven't gotten any. I'm buying them through the USAir Dividend Miles Shopping now. Perhaps one partial explanation is that USAir's been running the Grand Slam promotion. You only get one "hit" in the promo for doing this, but a lot more people may have done it, and then gotten into the swing of just picking up a few miles, some to keep their accounts alive, with each purchase -- or trying to. May have helped to jam the system. But the Grand Slam promo only goes back to mid-September. Thus the "partial" adjective above.

Another possibility: There has been much gnashing of teeth on other boards about Cartera's terrible mishandling of the Shopping Mall. They're behind it, regardless of the airline or hotel partner. In particular, there was the AAdvantage mis-advertised fiasco, which was before the USAir promo. THAT was probably what did it in the first place.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.