Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

What's flying with Ryanair really like?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's flying with Ryanair really like?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by stifle
It's not hard for them to arrive on time with the amount of padding! Last time I flew DUB-BOH with them, the flight was timed to arrive 1h15m after it departed, and as soon as we got onboard they announced a flight time of 40 minutes.
Ah, and the calvary trumpet call announcing "another on-time arrival!"

Come on!
Old May 11, 2012, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
It's not hard for them to arrive on time with the amount of padding! Last time I flew DUB-BOH with them, the flight was timed to arrive 1h15m after it departed, and as soon as we got onboard they announced a flight time of 40 minutes.
If I remember correctly, my flight from Edinburgh to Barcelona was "scheduled" to arrive at 10pm. We got there at 9:10pm. We could have taxied from Bilbao and still been "on time".
Old May 16, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
These stories are something else. I have taken LCCs in Europe but have avoided Ryan Air based on what I've heard about it. The anecdotes in this thread confirm my fears. I think the only way I'd get on their planes is if I lived in Europe and wanted to take weekend trips with only a small carry-on.

But really, if EasyJet, Wizz and other LCCs can deliver reasonably pleasant travel experiences at a low cost, why does Ryan Air have to be a bunch of jerks about it?
Old May 16, 2012, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
If Ruinair wasn't making enough money, it would change its practices. Since people continue to travel with it, it's clearly not bad enough for people to change their behaviours.
Old May 16, 2012, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by heraclitus
why does Ryan Air have to be a bunch of jerks about it?
Lot of people believe their propaganda - and being .......s means they get lots of free publicity when O'Leary has one of his rants
Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
They're the airline incarnation of the devil. Avoid at all cost!!!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
And why is that?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:55 pm

I fly with Ryanair all the time From leeds stanstead and east midlands to dinard in france. I have to say there just brilliant . And are by far the cheapest.. staff always good and friendly what more do u want on a hour flight to france £32 return. That's fish and chip supper in London 😀😀😀😀😀😀

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.