Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Search for information on Sovetsky (Russian: Сове́тский)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite

Hi!

I am thinking about travelling to Sovetsky (Russian: Сове́тский) (Sovetsky District of Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug). It is very difficult to find information on this town.

Does anyone know how is it to go to this town respectively area of Russia for tourists. How is it compared to Western Russian standard? Is it safe to go there?

Is it correct that WERHNEKONDINSKAYA is the name of the railway station for Сове́тский? Do you know any hotel there and how to book it?

Thank you very much for any hrlp.

Best regards,
cimber
Old May 15, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA, HH
What's the bigger plan?

Are you willing to take a train from Moscow?

See if Chrome will translate this page properly:
http://www.tutu.ru/poezda/station_d.php?nnst=2030165

You are correct about Верхнекондинская - that's the station for Sovetsky.

Looks like trains that stop there are from Moscow, Perm and Ekaterinburg.
Old May 15, 2013, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Artemk
What's the bigger plan?

Are you willing to take a train from Moscow?

See if Chrome will translate this page properly:
http://www.tutu.ru/poezda/station_d.php?nnst=2030165

You are correct about Верхнекондинская - that's the station for Sovetsky.

Looks like trains that stop there are from Moscow, Perm and Ekaterinburg.
Thank you for your reply.

The idea is to Take the Train from jekaterinburg in One Direction and the jekaterinburg flight in the other. The flight is interesting, because it is operated with Yak 40 by gazpromavia, at least according to Russian timetables.

Best regards,
Cimber
Old May 15, 2013, 8:04 pm

You can check the train schedule here:
http://pass.rzd.ru/timetable/public/ru?STRUCTURE_ID=735

Just copy and paste
ЕКАТЕРИНБУРГ-ПАССАЖИРС as from and ВЕРХНЕКОНДИНСКАЯ as to and select date. Looks like it's 14-18 hours trip.

You probably want to select either 'купе' or 'люкс' as your way to travel - others might be a bit uncomfortable.

BTW, what's in there?
Old May 18, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Why would you want to go there???

The wiki page for the airport has a list of airlines and destinations that serve the city.
Old May 20, 2013, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Yak 40 Aircraft are very rare, in particular in scheduled Operation. As gazpromavia Uses this Aircraft on Routes Serving OVS and I want to fly the yak 40 before it ceases operation, I am thinking to go there.

With the help of earlier replies I am aware of the Travel options but still I do not have any idea how Region and People are like and if there could be any Problems for tourists to go there. Does someone have experience regarding travelling in the Sovetsky Region?

Best regards,
Henrik
Old May 20, 2013, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by cimber
With the help of earlier replies I am aware of the Travel options but still I do not have any idea how Region and People are like and if there could be any Problems for tourists to go there. Does someone have experience regarding travelling in the Sovetsky Region?

Best regards,
Henrik
I don't have any experience, but I am sure there are not many tourists there... At the same time I don't foresee any major problems, other than problems stemming from not being able to communicate with people - I am sure English is close to non-existent there.
Old May 22, 2013, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by cimber
Yak 40 Aircraft are very rare, in particular in scheduled Operation. As gazpromavia Uses this Aircraft on Routes Serving OVS and I want to fly the yak 40 before it ceases operation, I am thinking to go there.
Hope that they don't change the aircraft on you. On a couple of occasions I had interesting aircraft scheduled nly to learn upon arrival at the airport that something quite a bit less interesting was rescheduled. ex: 737-200 subbed for a Yak-42. (different airline and airport than the topic of this thread)
Old May 30, 2013, 9:57 am

Hi, I live in Yugorsk, quite close to Sovetsky. May be you better take a plane from Moscow straight to Sovetsky? )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.