Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have experience with Aeroflot with refunding Economy flex (N) tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone have experience with Aeroflot with refunding Economy flex (N) tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

I tried to book DEL-AMS (transit in Moscow) return tickets at the Aeroflot website and the Economy Flex fare was only slightly higher than Economy Classic fare. The fare rules on the website say that Economy Flex is fully refundable without any fee.

I have selected the pay later option, where you can pay within 24 hours of booking. Now the email which I have received has "class" mentioned as N Economy Flex. When I search for N class on Aeroflot, I get a different page with rules of "Booking class N" which show no refund or change allowed. While Economy Flex rules say that refund is allowed.

Has anybody any experience with getting refunds from Aeroflot? I want to be sure before I pay for the tickets as there are chances of cancellation. I have read a few posts online which mention people haven't received refund from Aeroflot even in 3 months. And I have read about some airlines who don't refund even fully refundable tickets and only provide a "credit" which can be used for further bookings.

So if you have had any experience with refund from Aeroflot, did you get your money back? And what's with both "Economy Flex" and "N"? Please help if you know any details.

Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold, Marco Polo - Silver
I use the FLEX fares a lot. Usually I buy via expedia. Refund by expedia Hong Kong usually happens within 2 calendar days (officially 8 weeks).

Check if the fare code is NF.... The first letter denotes the fare bucket, The second letter denotes the fare class.
NF: flex
NC: classic

Fyi, I recently booked a FLEX fare via aeroflot.ru paying in RMB (because it's much cheaper). As my phone had autocorrected my name, I had to cancel the ticket. That was 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for the refund.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot. That's very helpful.

If it's possible, please update about your refund when you get it.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:07 am

Just got refunded for my cancelled Aeroflot FLEX fare (paid in RMB, using HKD credit card). About 10 working days processing time.
abhishek_nitt likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hessbo
Just got refunded for my cancelled Aeroflot FLEX fare (paid in RMB, using HKD credit card). About 10 working days processing time.
Thanks a lot for giving the update. You've really been very helpful sir.
hessbo likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Although not flex tickets, I refunded an Aeroflot ticket last year, at that time I paid using RUB with my HKD credit card (it is not possible to pay in HKD on the website), and the bank ate up much on the exchange rate on the refund.

I've learnt that expensive story afterwards and only buy Aeroflot tickets using CNY UnionPay card, which has no exchange involved, and just refunded a ticket now, so I need to wait a few weeks for the amount to appear in the bank again.

Both tickets refunded were classic fares (*CLA), with US$40 refund charge.

That pricing strategy by Aeroflot successfully earned US$80 (one change, one refund) this time from me because if the ticket was nonrefundable I wouldn't buy it in the first place before the trip dates are 100% confirmed.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:27 pm

Thanks for the data point. If you wish to pay in HKD, you can do so via expedia.com.hk .
Just be aware that:
1. Sometimes for HKD there is a pricing anomaly, making tickets much more expensive (as of March 2019)
2. Expedia usually need me to stay 1 hour on the phone to check the refund rules and start the refund process. If you can expedia.com.hk during the weekend, you need to provide Aeroflot's Russian phone number to the agent.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Now I have a problem on my previous refund on my UnionPay card. I called Aeroflot to refund the ticket on 12th March, and the office processed the refund on 26th March, and gave me 2 refund receipts (because the ticket was initially bought in September, then changed in January). However, the bank only sees 1 refund corresponding to the transaction in January on 2nd April, and the other refund corresponding to the transaction on September hasn't arrived yet.

I have called the bank and it doesn't see anything yet. Is it normal that a refund corresponding to a transaction more than half a year ago takes longer to process?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.