Search

Rusline & UTAir baggage policies

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, OWS
Rusline & UTAir baggage policies

Hello,
I’ve got a few upcoming flights with Rusline and UTAir.
After reading the rules on my ticket I was quite surprised that carry-on luggage is limited to 5 and the checked luggage to 20 kilograms.
How strict are they in checking those values? Do a laptop bag and a coat count towards those pieces and that weight?
Is there an online check-in for Rusline? I only found their Russian homepage and since I don’t speak that language…
Thank you.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by frogster
Hello,
I’ve got a few upcoming flights with Rusline and UTAir.
After reading the rules on my ticket I was quite surprised that carry-on luggage is limited to 5 and the checked luggage to 20 kilograms.
How strict are they in checking those values? Do a laptop bag and a coat count towards those pieces and that weight?
Is there an online check-in for Rusline? I only found their Russian homepage and since I don’t speak that language…
Thank you.
This being Russia, I would be very surprised if a coat counted against carry-on limits, at least in winter.

RusLine has an English website; there is a selection box in the upper left corner.

I did not recall how strict UTAir was specifically, but generally just be friendly and polite and, as long as you can lift it and the size looks manageable, you may get away with the carry on if you are on a full-size aircraft (eg, a 737).

RusLine operates only EMB120 and CRJ200, so you will probably be required to check any bag larger than a medium backpack.

This being FT, please note that UTAir has a FF program.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
A coat absolutely does not count towards your baggage. Carry-on weights are generally not enforced, but limits for checked luggage usually are.
Rusline online check-in is here: http://www.rusline.aero/Register/ (choose language in the upper left corner or use Google Translate).
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, OWS
Thank you for the information - the language button didn't show up in the old browser version. No use though since you can't check in online for most of the airports...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.