Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

lay over of 1H in Moscow-is it enough for luggage ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 6:31 am
formerly known as Eyal Wizner
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish air, Miles & More, ELAL

hello every one,
I am flying from TLV to PVG and my lay over tine in Moscow (Sheremetyevo Airport) is 1 hour. is it enough for the luggage to go through ?
its my first flight with Aeroflot and I also noticed they allow only 1 hand luggage even if you fly in Business. most airlines allows to take 2 bags if you fly business
thank you !
Old Oct 10, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
You can frequently get through with 2 pieces of hand luggage, especially if they're small.
1 hour is probably enough, but you can't be 100% sure
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:54 am
formerly known as Eyal Wizner
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish air, Miles & More, ELAL
I called the airline and they said only 1 piece on board...
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Man, that's a RUSSIAN airline. The meaning of 'rules', 'regulations', etc. is quite different here, especially for a person of importance (you fly business class, after all).
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by eyal wizner
hello every one,
I am flying from TLV to PVG and my lay over tine in Moscow (Sheremetyevo Airport) is 1 hour. is it enough for the luggage to go through ?
its my first flight with Aeroflot and I also noticed they allow only 1 hand luggage even if you fly in Business. most airlines allows to take 2 bags if you fly business
thank you !
I flew the 'Flot earlier this year in J with a rollaboard and a laptop bag. Nobody gave me any hassle whatsoever, either boarding at JFK, or when I transferred in SVO.

Have your BP for PVG issued in TLV so you don't have to fool around with the Transfer Desk. It can get messy.

O/H
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:44 am

I think it's enough (as long as it's in one ticket and same terminal (they have two IIRC)). I've made it in much narrow timing, but there were no delays and it was for CIS country.
When you'll be boarding for PVG, show the luggage barcode and ask them to check if it's in the plane already, thus yo'll know for sure in advance for potential delays.
Also in TLV make sure that you'll be receiving your luggage in PVG not SVO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.