Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
Lounge Club charges

Was about to use the LoungeClub card and am confused if using it incurs a per visit charge for me and guest? The booklet is confusing and seems to indicate there will be a charge per lounge visit that will appear on credit card bill. Is this so? If so, how much per visit and what is the charge for a guest?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:59 am

I don't have it but was reading the offer recently. my understanding was that lounge club charges chase and it comes out of a $300/year allowance. That's enough for 5-10 entrances depending on the lounge. But I bet people here are doing more than that and they said they weren't charged. Maybe I misunderstood.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:09 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Lounge Card offers free member access to its affiliated lounges. There also are no charges for guests, up to the each lounge's maximum allowed.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
You are not charged for lounge access. The restriction is really that there aren't many domestic (US) lounges. I even have a second card for my college-aged daughter who is an AU.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
I just got my lounge renewal card/info in the mail for 2016. However, I am planning on dropping the RC card within a month. Does anyone have any experience whether the lounge benefit sticks after I no longer have the CC?

Thanks,
Old Jan 24, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Ritz-Carlton "Upcoming Events"

I just checked the RC CC Upcoming Events and they are all for previous years and all expired of course. Anyone know when they will post 2016 events and beyond ?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by danola
I just checked the RC CC Upcoming Events and they are all for previous years and all expired of course. Anyone know when they will post 2016 events and beyond ?
Yeah, like 2/3 of those interest me, but the timing has never worked out. If only I didn't have to work!
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:22 pm

Very tempted to open this card. Can anyone comment on $300 travel credit - what you can use it for? My understanding is that no direct air tickets credit? Is there a way around it?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by in4tar
Very tempted to open this card. Can anyone comment on $300 travel credit - what you can use it for? My understanding is that no direct air tickets credit? Is there a way around it?
Ummm... have you reviewed the actual thread you are posting in for the answer to your question? As you might imagine, you are not the first one to ponder this...

Regards
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:26 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by in4tar
The other thread about this card has a wiki outlining reimbursement. I'm on mobile and too lazy to find it though.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: SPG/Ritz/Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
JP Morgan Concierge Services, which we get through the Ritz Card, just bested AmEx Platinum. I called AmEx first to get a table at a popular LA restaurant, they needed more time, but got me a table at Spago as a back up. I called JP Morgan 20 minutes later, and they got me a seat in 5 minutes. That's a win.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:54 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Gatorsf
JP Morgan Concierge Services, which we get through the Ritz Card, just bested AmEx Platinum. I called AmEx first to get a table at a popular LA restaurant, they needed more time, but got me a table at Spago as a back up. I called JP Morgan 20 minutes later, and they got me a seat in 5 minutes. That's a win.
That's good to know. I've sent them two emails recently, and never heard back. But what I really like, is that they will call airlines to change tickets, select seats, etc. AmEx wouldn't touch that stuff. Saved me a boatload of time recently.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Ummm... have you reviewed the actual thread you are posting in for the answer to your question? As you might imagine, you are not the first one to ponder this...

Regards
thank you for a very valuable advice...although I've been wondering - if you bothered to post anything at all, why not post a link to the right page?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:46 pm

So instead of looking through this thread yourself, you would like the other person to look through this thread for you and post links to the individual posts that discuss this? Cheeky!
Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
So instead of looking through this thread yourself, you would like the other person to look through this thread for you and post links to the individual posts that discuss this? Cheeky!
Not at all. I just think that if - for whatever reason - you don't want or cannot help, then just ignore the question. There is no reason to clutter the thread with the useless advice. Besides, it would save some time.

(fyi - I did look throughout the thread, but the info there is not as recent as I would have hoped to find).
once again - thank you for the invaluable advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.