Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:03 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
If I cancel the card, will my Lounge Club card and Marriott Rewards Gold status still be valid until the expiration date listed on the respective cards or will I lose them both upon cancellation of the card.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1353513636
If I cancel the card, will my Lounge Club card and Marriott Rewards Gold status still be valid until the expiration date listed on the respective cards or will I lose them both upon cancellation of the card.
My guess would be you lose Gold status by the end of the billing cycle in which you cancel.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Charges on the R-C Visa for lounge use?

Access is fairly straightforward, with the helpful list available online.

https://www.loungeclub.com/en/

What is far more opaque is price, the amount (if any) that will be charged to one's Ritz-Carlton Visa for each cardholder and guest granted admittance.

The Lounge Club website has nothing to say about this, because each bank, credit card, corporation, or other sponsor has a separate reimbursement deal with its membership.

Originally Posted by tjphoton (Post #899)
Got the LOUNGE CLUB card today, compliments of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card from J.P. Morgan. In the letter the card attached to, it says "You and your accompnaying guests may visit participating lounges as often as you wish during your membership year." So the benefit is unlimited visits and no (theoretical) limit on the number of guests, other than each individual lounge's guest number limit restriction, right?

Can not find more confirmation on Chase website, or LOUNGE CLUB T&C, other than this letter. Only thing I can find is "As a cardmember, you receive complimentary membership in LOUNGE CLUB, entitling you to unlimited access to hundreds of airport lounges worldwide", but no mention of the number of guests.
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer (Post #905)
If you look online (or the app for the lounges) you will see that some lounges have limits on number of guests. Other have limitations on hours (i.e., if it is an airline club they might refuse entry when their own customers are expected to be there). Yet other have dress code.

The PDF file they have on the website is very helpful as it lists all the lounges, hours and limitations.

You better check each one before you go.
Originally Posted by mileshound (Post #921)
There are 2 factors here. 1) who is allowed access and 2) who has to pay. On some lounge club cards the member gets in free but you pay for guests. Remember, lounge club has your credit card so the lounge itself will not bill you. They do write down # of guests and lounge club takes it from there and automatically charges your credit card when appropriate.
Originally Posted by alrvd83 (Post #932)
I have a lounge club membership that I just received with this Ritz card. I used it today at the club in Atlanta. The guy who checked me in said that I can bring up to 9 guests. Also everything was free including the alcohol. I have Delta Skyclub access but crazy enough, I will stop going as "The Club" is much better.
Originally Posted by NDN (Post #933)
It's all really hit or miss with these other lounges. I have Lounge Club, Priority Pass Select, and Priority Pass VIP. I cannot see a difference yet between Lounge Club and Priority Pass Select. They seem to let me into the same places. The problem is that within the USA, the hours for the clubs are very limited, since they are international-airline lounges during the off-peak time (when the lounges are otherwise closed because there are no flights for that carrier). Priority Pass VIP gets me into many of the domestic lounges, but at a $27 cost per visit! If I will be at an airport a very long time, I may use the Lounge Club access at first and then leave and come back under the Priority Pass Select membership. If I need to be close to my gate, I go with the lounge access of the carrier. With the Amex Platinum, I can get into Delta lounges when on a Delta flight or use Centurion lounges always or Airplan lounges in the few places they exist. If I am on United, I will use Priority Pass VIP to get into the United lounge for $27.

My point is that Lounge Club/Priority Pass Select can be very good for some, but many times the lounge is too far from the gate to be useful.
Originally Posted by The Ritz-Carlton RewardsŪ Credit Card
WORLDWIDE AIRPORT LOUNGE ACCESS*

As a cardmember, you receive complimentary membership in LOUNGE CLUB™, entitling you to unlimited access to hundreds of airport lounges worldwide.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...lton-card.aspx >> Membership Benefits tab
Complimentary "membership" and "unlimited access" do not necessarily equate to "free access" or "access at no charge".

What is important to me is to know the amount of charges for card use in advance.

Are they all gratis for R-C Visa cardholders? Or $27 like Priority Pass?

Whatever the price, it would be nice if there were a list or somewhere the policy were available in writing. For a fifteen-minute stay, I would be more price-sensitive than for two hours.

My wife and I are life members of the United Club and the Admirals Club, so we sometimes have alternatives.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:05 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Access is fairly straightforward, with the helpful list available online.

https://www.loungeclub.com/en/

What is far more opaque is price, the amount (if any) that will be charged to one's Ritz-Carlton Visa for each cardholder and guest granted admittance.

The Lounge Club website has nothing to say about this, because each bank, credit card, corporation, or other sponsor has a separate reimbursement deal with its membership.

I cannot say whether guests are allowed into lounges free, but each card holder--including authorized users--get lounge club membership cards.

Complimentary "membership" and "unlimited access" do not necessarily equate to "free access" or "access at no charge".

What is important to me is to know the amount of charges for card use in advance.

Whatever the price, it would be nice if there were a list or somewhere the policy were available in writing. For a fifteen-minute stay, I would be more price-sensitive than for two hours.

My wife and I are life members of the United Club and the Admirals Club, so we sometimes have alternatives.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
I have been using the access in several airport the last couple of months and never been charged. You are always required to sign the receipt for entry. I doubt you'll be charged anywhere, and even if you'll do, it would be informed before entry. They do not just wave you in, they do swipe your card and check your identity (usually for me via boarding pass).
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I have been using the access in several airport the last couple of months and never been charged. You are always required to sign the receipt for entry. I doubt you'll be charged anywhere, and even if you'll do, it would be informed before entry. They do not just wave you in, they do swipe your card and check your identity (usually for me via boarding pass).
I would verify this: I've used the Lounge Club card at several Alaska lounges, The Club at McCarran in Las Vegas, and internationally in Mexico City, Lima, and Cusco. In all cases my partner and I were admitted after my Lounge Club card was swiped and I signed a receipt. In no case have I subsequently ever been charged on my RC card.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by philwupdx
I would verify this: I've used the Lounge Club card at several Alaska lounges, The Club at McCarran in Las Vegas, and internationally in Mexico City, Lima, and Cusco. In all cases my partner and I were admitted after my Lounge Club card was swiped and I signed a receipt. In no case have I subsequently ever been charged on my RC card.
Thanks for this info guys. I called the JP Morgan Conceirge line last week to see what information, if any, I could get on access fees to the clubs and they didnt think there were fees associated outside the AF on the RC Card, but I didnt get the feeling that was a definitive answer, so thanks for putting this out there. Also if I arrive early from a flight in ATL and ATL is my destination, and want to hang out at The Club until its a little closer to check in time at the hotel, and I dont have my boarding pass anymore, could I just use my ID along with the lounge club card to get in?? Does anybody have any experience with this? Thanks again!!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by alrvd83
I have a lounge club membership that I just received with this Ritz card. I used it today at the club in Atlanta. The guy who checked me in said that I can bring up to 9 guests. Also everything was free including the alcohol. I have Delta Skyclub access but crazy enough, I will stop going as "The Club" is much better.
hmm... so it seems that with the Ritz card, one doesn't really need the AS board membership.

I'm not a board member but am strongly considering it as I will be traveling with my son a lot this year with some significant lay overs. Specifically, I'm interested in the lounges in Munich, Atlanta and Seattle. All three seem to be accessible with the Ritz card...

Any reason why I should get the AS board membership if I get the Ritz card?

Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:52 am

Does anybody know if this car comes with free car rental insurance (especially abroad)?

I have a citi card that offers this, but there are foreign transaction fees associated, so looking for other options.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Loungeact
hmm... so it seems that with the Ritz card, one doesn't really need the AS board membership.

I'm not a board member but am strongly considering it as I will be traveling with my son a lot this year with some significant lay overs. Specifically, I'm interested in the lounges in Munich, Atlanta and Seattle. All three seem to be accessible with the Ritz card...

Any reason why I should get the AS board membership if I get the Ritz card?

Thanks.
AS BR membership gives access to several partner lounges such as CX Lounge in SFO that LoungeClub doesn't grant.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Complimentary membership in Lounge Club AND complimentary access to lounges

Thank you very much, MD/DC Flyer and philwupdx, for verifying that not only is the membership in the Lounge Club complimentary, but also the access to the affiliated lounges themselves.

To confirm your practical experience, I just received my new card this afternoon by UPS, and the Welcome booklet is much more clear than the online promotional explanation.

Originally Posted by Welcome to the Ritz-Carlton RewardsŪ Credit Card
COMPLIMENTARY AIRPORT LOUNGE ACCESS

As a cardmember, you receive complimentary membership in LOUNGE CLUB™, entitling you to complimentary and unlimited access to hundreds of airport lounges worldwide.4

You are welcome, regardless of the airline you are flying or your class of ticket.

[Boldface emphasis added.]
This is a big difference from the advertising material I quoted previously, which omits the word "complimentary" as an adjective for [lounge] access:
Originally Posted by The Ritz-Carlton RewardsŪ Credit Card
WORLDWIDE AIRPORT LOUNGE ACCESS*

As a cardmember, you receive complimentary membership in LOUNGE CLUB™, entitling you to unlimited access to hundreds of airport lounges worldwide.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...lton-card.aspx >> Membership Benefits tab
Perhaps I was being too lawyerly and literal, but that is my training and nature, and I did have experience in the fee-for-access-model with the Hilton HHonors™ SurpassŪ Card from American Express, with its complimentary Priority Pass™ membership but fees to use the lounges (charged on the card).

And the promotional language does fit within the model of charging visits to the cardholder's account. I have suggested that perhaps J.P. Morgan might want to change their promotional material to match their welcome booklet.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lounge Club card for authorized user

Originally Posted by pickles1107 (Post #893)
You will need to specifically request a lounge club membership for your authorized user over the phone as your membership will not get guests in for free [without you]. They will send her a lounge club card which you will present along with your card at the lounge for admittance. As for the lounges, we have only used the boardroom in Seattle and the one in ATL, both were decent places to hang out before a flight.
Good advice, thank you.

I have two sons in college. The older is an authorized user on my card, the younger on my wife's. We both called J.P. Morgan at the toll-free number on the back of the Ritz-Carlton RewardsŪ Credit Card to request a Lounge Club card for our authorized user, and were told it will be on its way.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
For people that got the card with the 140,000 points bonus, how long did it take to receive the points?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 5:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sammyindc
For people that got the card with the 140,000 points bonus, how long did it take to receive the points?
Posted 2 days after the statement (in which I met the spend) closed.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by stratman560
Thanks for this info guys. I called the JP Morgan Conceirge line last week to see what information, if any, I could get on access fees to the clubs and they didnt think there were fees associated outside the AF on the RC Card, but I didnt get the feeling that was a definitive answer, so thanks for putting this out there. Also if I arrive early from a flight in ATL and ATL is my destination, and want to hang out at The Club until its a little closer to check in time at the hotel, and I dont have my boarding pass anymore, could I just use my ID along with the lounge club card to get in?? Does anybody have any experience with this? Thanks again!!
I did just that last week in Phoenix. They did ask for boarding pass, so I just pull the one I've arrived on and got in without a problem. I believe the boarding pass is just a way to verify your identity and that you should be air side.
At least in Phoenix the guide is very clear about access to passengers that are leaving or arriving to Terminal 4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.