Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
The best place to use the cert is to use it somewhere you're already gonna go. Battery park sounds like somewhere you're already gonna go, so...
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
deleted.

Last edited by txpenny; Dec 8, 2016 at 9:57 am Reason: wrong thread
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:00 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bergamini
I just got my RC Visa from Chase yesterday. I'd been waiting to pay my monthly bills until it came so I can get well on my way to those 3 free nights after a $5K spend in 90 days.

I am going to use the $300 travel credit this month on a $450 Delta Sky Club membership ($450). I just got upgraded on my next itinerary with Delta and the one at the end of the month isn't offering any seat upgrades and might not since I did their Cash + Miles. But I think I got the card at the right time because I can use the $300 this month on the Sky Club and then I get $300 again in 2017, right? I could theoretically use that as soon as January? Not that I would. But am I understanding it correct that my annual fee is for 12 months but the airline benefit is per calendar year?

Any other tips and tricks? I'm looking at Battery Park for the 3 night redemption because I go every year for the US Open. But I do like Fort Lauderdale as well. What do people think are the best tier 1-4 property to use the 3 nights at? Also keep in mind that I'd probably make it a 6-7 night trip so base rate the other nights would be important.

They already posted the $450 annual fee. Gulp, that's a lot. However, they did send the card via overnight UPS and it feels and looks so classy. It's metal and feels like a brick! I'm pretty impressed with the packaging. Let's see if I keep it longer than the first year.
People keep suggesting this thread when asked if there are any tips for using the Ritz travel credit. Respectfully, this thread is 114 pages with very little in the way of suggested tips scattered throughout.

Maybe a "Ritz-Carlton Travel Credits Successes" thread is in order.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:27 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by txpenny
using the card in Dec and again in Jan.
It is not a calender year but a year with the card
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by BeatCal
It is not a calender year but a year with the card
I'm confused by the above. Per T&C, "Maximum statement credit accumulation for this offer is $300 per calendar year. Annual credit will be issued for the calendar year in which the transaction posts to your account. For example, if you pay baggage fees at the end of 2015, and the airline does not post the transaction until 2016, the cost of the baggage fees will be allocated towards your 2016 calendar year maximum of $300."
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:22 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I'm confused by the above. Per T&C, "Maximum statement credit accumulation for this offer is $300 per calendar year. Annual credit will be issued for the calendar year in which the transaction posts to your account. For example, if you pay baggage fees at the end of 2015, and the airline does not post the transaction until 2016, the cost of the baggage fees will be allocated towards your 2016 calendar year maximum of $300."
It's calendar year. Every CC uses it for their fee reimbursement.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
People keep suggesting this thread when asked if there are any tips for using the Ritz travel credit. Respectfully, this thread is 114 pages with very little in the way of suggested tips scattered throughout.

Maybe a "Ritz-Carlton Travel Credits Successes" thread is in order.
I totally agree. This thread was by and far not very helpful for me.

With that said, how do I get the Priority Pass card? I called and they said I had to go to Ultimate Rewards and I went there and logged in and it has given me an error the last 3 days. Not impressed at all, wish I could go back and get a different card. Was turned away at Priority Pass lounge in MSP and then had to pay day pass which they said they'd reimburse. It was not made at all clear in Welcome Kit how to get it and then they method they give doesn't work.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus

With that said, how do I get the Priority Pass card? I called and they said I had to go to Ultimate Rewards and I went there and logged in and it has given me an error the last 3 days. Not impressed at all, wish I could go back and get a different card. Was turned away at Priority Pass lounge in MSP and then had to pay day pass which they said they'd reimburse. It was not made at all clear in Welcome Kit how to get it and then they method they give doesn't work.
That's disappointing to hear. I called and got it for me and all my AU last year. The Service reps have been helpful for me. It sounds like me your Rep thought you had Reserve. There is, of course, no Ultimate Rewards for this and the reimbursement will come from the $300 you could have otherwise spent elsewhere.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:37 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K

I think mine came automatically and then you call for AUs.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
That said, I don't know of gimmicks to use the travel credit like the Delta e-certs on Amex platinum. Service reps have been flexible with me though. They reimbursed a luggage delivery service. They reimbursed a first class upgrade even though it retickered. "I don't think United is selling round trips in first class for $190."

Last edited by highops; Dec 10, 2016 at 10:39 am Reason: Spellin
Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by highops
That said, I don't know of gimmicks to use the travel credit like the Delta e-certs on Amex platinum. Service reps have been flexible with me though. They reimbursed a luggage delivery service. They reimbursed a first class upgrade even though it retickered. "I don't think United is selling round trips in first class for $190."
When you call is very hard for them to tell a client in their face: "this card is really hard to use the $300 and we believe you are lying". So most of the time they just go with it.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
OMG, now I'm annoyed. I called at the lounge and they said on the phone we reimburse you for two visits without the card and specifically said it's not out of the $300. I didn't see anything in the voluminous welcome kit on how to do it. And then I emailed them and asked for the card and they said I had to go to Ultimate Rewards, which I can't get into. This is disappointing. I hit my $50K on Delta and wanted the best new card. I thought it was Ritz. It's not. I would not have used that lounge if I knew the $45 was coming out of my $300 airline allotment.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:37 pm

OMG, now I'm annoyed. I called at the lounge and they said on the phone we reimburse you for two visits without the card and specifically said it's not out of the $300. I didn't see anything in the voluminous welcome kit on how to do it. And then I emailed them and asked for the card and they said I had to go to Ultimate Rewards, which I can't get into. This is disappointing. I hit my $50K on Delta and wanted the best new card. I thought it was Ritz. It's not. I would not have used that lounge if I knew the $45 was coming out of my $300 airline allotment.
Call number on back of card and ask them to send PP card. It should have been sent automatically though, although via USPS rather than UPS overnight.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Any reason to still do $10K spend annually?

We used to keep this card mainly to make Marriott Gold via the $10K spend.

Now that there is the $100 off on paired airline tickets, the card is more than paying for itself (used 4x already - nothing like first ticket for $134 RT, 2nd for $34 [cheaper than parking]). But what with the SPG-Marriott merger, and SPG Gold via Amex Platinum = Marriott Gold, is there any reason to do the $10K spend next year? The three club level upgrades at Ritz-Carlton are tied to the card, not to a spend level, IIRC (and ditto with the $100 RC discount on two-night stays.)
Old Dec 12, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
We used to keep this card mainly to make Marriott Gold via the $10K spend.

Now that there is the $100 off on paired airline tickets, the card is more than paying for itself (used 4x already - nothing like first ticket for $134 RT, 2nd for $34 [cheaper than parking]). But what with the SPG-Marriott merger, and SPG Gold via Amex Platinum = Marriott Gold, is there any reason to do the $10K spend next year? The three club level upgrades at Ritz-Carlton are tied to the card, not to a spend level, IIRC (and ditto with the $100 RC discount on two-night stays.)
No reason at all. The $100 RT discount makes this card a keeper for me and the $300 incidentals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.