Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus-induced dining frenzy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2007, 8:12 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by JDiver
msakas, 180,000 is very good!
180k is completely out of control....I'm a bit over 110,000, but still awaiting a bunch of 5 mile ratings to hit.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 2:15 am
Suspended

Tonight I dropped $250 for dinner for 4 at my favorite NYC IDINE restaurant Whym -- nice chunk of miles for the dinner.

Prior to the end of the program, I bought a $600 gift card from one of my local restaurants that participate. Cool 9,000 miles when all is said and done.

Sorry to see this promotion go.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 2:00 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
From another thread:
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Don't know how many you plan to have attend, but I am a very, very big fan of Whym -- on 9th Ave/Columbus Ave, between 57th and 58th streets -- very close to Lincoln Center.

Great minimalist/trendy decor. Excellent wait staff. Comfort food like jambalaya, meatloaf, ahi tuna encrusted with wasabi peas, etc., but with a decided gourmet twist, and makes killer martinis and other drinks.

Entrees range in the $12 - $20 range -- quite good for that area, and the food is very, very good. ^
Thanks again, NJUPINTHEAIR, for this recommendation! Our group had a great time at Whym earlier this week and I just raked in the max 10,000 miles ^^ (+ the remainder on Mrs. dstan's card , unfortunately, we missed the end of Rate-your-dine) Everyone loved the food and the service was excellent! Nice atmosphere - lively but not too noisy.

The only annoyance was that they initially charged us $45 each for 2 no shows (out of 20). The manager first said I'd have to call the owners as we'd reserved for 20 and they were very strict about it, but I got him to contact them and explain that 1) it was ludicrous based on the amount we were spending, and 2) we didn't take up any extra tables anyways. He got them to back down.

Found some nice bars a few blocks downtown to spend the rest of the evening. Thanks again for the reco!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.