FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   Bonus-induced dining frenzy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/747238-bonus-induced-dining-frenzy.html)

dstan Oct 17, 2007 11:20 am

Bonus-induced dining frenzy

With the days of 5+5+5+5=20 mi/$ (Elite + Elite Bonus + Five Mile Bonus + Rate Your Dine Bonus) drawing to a close (Five Mile Bonus is first to go on 10/31/07), I am curious as to how many of you out there have been in a dining frenzy to rack up those bonuses?

In my case, there is only one nearby restaurant that is in the program. I've been there 5 times since the beginning of the promotions (I started late on 9/12). Admittedly, 1 was takeout and 1 was delivery. I'm thinking I can get my wife to go there at least 4 more times in the next two weeks!

I'm positive there are others here who have gone to far greater lengths to secure their 20 mi/$. Parameters: one restaurant; dines since 8/19 when the RYD Bonus started. Let's hear it!

dxtraveler Oct 17, 2007 11:30 am

I've lost count

Breakfasts, lunches, dinners - I think we've gone out more in the last month than in the three previous months combined. I know its over fifteen but under twenty five total dines. And, I'm sure that we're nowhere near the leaders. :D

kings_29 Oct 17, 2007 11:51 am

Since I am United, I have been doing very little with them...no bonuses for a while now.

hdatontodo Oct 17, 2007 1:34 pm

I did my 4 Delta dining over $25 for the 1000 bonus.

With the American x+x+x+x bonus, I've eaten out more, plus, with the addition of Bennigan's, have bought a $5 lunch and $25 gift card several times.

Tony

oldpenny16 Oct 17, 2007 6:11 pm

I've been trying to but my AA IDines are extremely slow in posting. I'm loosing heart in this.

limeyx Oct 17, 2007 7:58 pm

goin out right now...I am going to seriously start hitting the gym in November !

atxtraveler Oct 18, 2007 4:11 am

I am lucky enough to get to use this for corporate dines personally, so I maxed out earlier with a total of one or two dines... so yes, I have gone crazy to get the bonus, but my crazy was not as difficult as yours!

Watchful Oct 18, 2007 6:32 am

This one is fun, but last year was the FRENZY - 25 Delta dines for 25K bonus miles. That was fun! ^

Beckles Oct 18, 2007 7:18 am

I have a rotation of restaurants locally that I use for lunch, I eat at different iDine restaurants a minimum of three times a week for lunch when I'm home. I am fortunate in that Kansas City seems to have more than its fair share of iDine restaurants for a city its size.

doog Oct 18, 2007 10:49 am

I just realized that I should *really* be taking advantage of this one, I'm going to be hitting the local restaurants hard over the next couple of weeks. I hope my wallet and my waist will forgive me.

JDiver Oct 18, 2007 3:08 pm

I've been hitting a few, but since I've been out of the country, fewer than possible. And wishing they would have had these when I was working for a few days in Redding, CA, when there was a resto offering 10+10, which would have been very nice with the extra 5+5!

Waist not, want not... ;)

dstan Nov 1, 2007 3:00 pm

surveying the damage

Originally Posted by dstan (Post 8575109)
In my case, there is only one nearby restaurant that is in the program. I've been there 5 times since the beginning of the promotions (I started late on 9/12). Admittedly, 1 was takeout and 1 was delivery. I'm thinking I can get my wife to go there at least 4 more times in the next two weeks!

OK, I outdid myself! Altogether, made it to my local taco joint 11 times, 9 of which were in October. Mrs. dstan and I would rather not see another taco/burrito/enchilada for quite some time, although AA is still giving 15 mi/$ til yearend. Including 3 other dines, I've gained about 10K miles (and 10 lbs) thanks to this promotion! ^:td::D

msakas Nov 2, 2007 8:35 am

Keep it up..

I have 180K miles this year & 259K since joining.
Combining Business Travel (Hotels), Business and Personal Dining, and a effort to ONLY eat where we get miles has made one heck of a difference.

JDiver Nov 19, 2007 9:52 am

As a diver, I really enjoy diving with sharks - now, with all the bonuses and this Forum, I understand much more about the meaning of "opportunistic predators." :D

Last night, we had a really, really nice meal in Napa (California) at Bayleaf restaurant on Monticello (near the Silverado Country Club) - Lady JDiver was almost as excited about earning 15 miles (once we rate the dine) and 5 HHonors points per dollar spent, as well as 1,000 Open Table points (bonus for 5:30 PM booking,) equivalent to a $10 rebate.

(We'll be hopefully seeing some sharks in a week's time when we are diving in the Caribbean, so it's time to "make hay while the sun shines" and nail some more iDine rating bonus meals...)

180k miles this year? :eek:That's good!

dstan Nov 19, 2007 1:35 pm

Nice dine, JDiver!

Mrs. dstan happily picked up the tab for dinner last night at our local taco joint on her way to another 1000 mi new member bonus! ^:D Just wish we had more nearby restaurants in the program!

(Lucky you headed to the Caribbean - what island? - we're just taking a long weekend in Key Largo in mid-Dec - her first trip to the Spiegel Grove - have to look up RewardsNetwork restaurants, of course!)