Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Response to change: anybody else Idining like a wild banshee?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2005, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni

Although not really premeditated, I’m finding that my response to the program being gutted is to get while the getting is good. So far in January, about a dozen dines and approaching 6,000 miles. Anybody else going hog wild?
Old Jan 15, 2005, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Not quite, but I am thinking of getting in 12 dines each on my 3 airlines in case their "bonuses" and "merchants" are any good.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 11:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Yes, I am idining as much as possible and will continue to do so until the changes come through in July. Year to date I have about 2500 miles coming per month for dining with 2-3 family members. Then there will be 1000 AA bonus elite miles added per month.

Jailer: you must be dining clients to be so far ahead of me? I have been using Idine for all it's worth for several years now. I just wish I could use it more for business!

I am going to be really missing the program when the draconian changes set in!

Last edited by paradocs; Jan 21, 2005 at 12:28 pm
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:04 am

Programs: AA MM, SPG Plat., HHonors GLD, Hertz PC
I'm taking clients out very, very frequently and averaging ~2-3K miles per month. I'd average more, but there are just some restaurants and bars that are just too irresistable to avoid when traveling- and since the quality of some iDine places lag...
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by paradocs
Jailer: you must be dining clients to be so far ahead of me?
True pdocs, and a lot of those clients are inmates, who have Idine pizza brought in once a week on my dime. I wish I could have found mile o’pizza close to more than just one of our halfway houses, but still a sweet deal.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 12:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Originally Posted by Jailer
True pdocs, and a lot of those clients are inmates, who have Idine pizza brought in once a week on my dime. I wish I could have found mile o’pizza close to more than just one of our halfway houses, but still a sweet deal.
Jailer: are you serious?
Old Jan 21, 2005, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Well, I am going to make sure I get at least 3 dines/month for the 500 pt AA bonus until then. I'll do it by buying gift certs for my fave restaurant when I need extra dines. Then start using the GCs after 7/1 when the points go down.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott to Captain James T. Kirk (insert Scottish lilt here): “Capt’n, I canna give ya even a wee bit more. If we don’t drop to impulse the warp infusion coils will seize and the engines will blow us to Kingdom Come.”

“Dammit Scotty, give me more power, the treaty with the Klingons goes into effect July 1st, and I want to grab up all the territory for the Federation while I can.”

“Sirs”, says Cadet Newman, “I’m just an extra and my chances of surviving this episode are slim anyway (here Spock calculates 1,283,417 to 1). I’ll go into the core and manually infuse the anti-matter.”

Twenty dines and 8578 miles in January. I may have to throttle back to impulse or my gut is gonna blow.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 9:48 am

No more than 12 per month

With four of us as registered members, it takes 12 visits per month of each of us to get the AA 500 bonus miles so it's still 12 only (granted we do actually 6 visits - split the bill in half over two cards). Doing this all last year has allowed us to qualify as an Elite member for the new program and HIGHER bonus level. I hope that the 500 bonus miles stays after February as that is when the current AA elite bonus program ends.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Gift Cards

To try for the status, and "bank" some miles, I've been buying a few electronic gift cards at a few places in the program.

I'm also frustrated by how fast restaurants in my area (LA) come and go in the program, buying a gift card gives me a little "insurance" against restaurants either leaving the program or stupid rules like needing a reservation or specific day rewards.

But the reality is that I'll likely stop my habit of consulting iDine/Rwards Network before dinging come the changes this summer. Too bad, it was good while it lasted.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

And so the sun sets on the idine pig-out. Thought that I'd get 10k per month, or 60,000 miles before the idine gutting, but with idineries unexpectedly dropping like flies prior to the change and with me somewhat losing interest, I only managed 47,742 idine miles. Unless they conjure up some unforeseen promos, I’d be surprised to get another 10k for the remainder of the year. T’was grand while it lasted.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by Jailer
And so the sun sets on the idine pig-out. Thought that I'd get 10k per month, or 60,000 miles before the idine gutting, but with idineries unexpectedly dropping like flies prior to the change and with me somewhat losing interest, I only managed 47,742 idine miles. Unless they conjure up some unforeseen promos, I’d be surprised to get another 10k for the remainder of the year. T’was grand while it lasted.
Well, the promos WERE foreseen (see another thread about how I foresaw something close to what happened a couple months ago), and they mean that pretty much ALL restaurants have become 10 milers for at least the next year (or until they drop out, of course) -- but only for those active enough to qualify for the top tier of each dining program.

And as to idineries unexpectedly dropping, maybe it had something to do with them "knowing" (not explicitly, but through a new cost restructuring at their end) that they'd have to become 10 milers on July 1 or else drop out?

Anyway, I guess you have to resume your pig out right away, because you may only have one more year to do it, right?
Old Jul 1, 2005, 4:51 pm
Original Member

Jailer: My family is up to about 32,000 YTD.

I suspect your interest in the program will go through a serious renewal. (I think I even saw you say so on the other thread).
Old Jul 1, 2005, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Curses to Idine: they have spoiled my plans to go on a diet.

In retrospect, maybe getting that second mortgage to buy Idine gift certificates wasn’t such a good idea after all.

So, in a day of FT ups and downs, the LatinPass folks frown while the Idiners smile. I say show some solidarity and take a LatinPasser out to eat.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:13 am
Original Member

Anyone else notice that while logged in to dining the individual restaurants are back down to 5 miles per dollar? Just as most of them were before July 1.

However, on the home page it still tells me about the elite member bonus valid thru 6/30/06.

Weird!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.