FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Response to change: anybody else Idining like a wild banshee?
Old Jul 1, 2005, 4:38 pm
Stefan Daystrom

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by Jailer
And so the sun sets on the idine pig-out. Thought that I'd get 10k per month, or 60,000 miles before the idine gutting, but with idineries unexpectedly dropping like flies prior to the change and with me somewhat losing interest, I only managed 47,742 idine miles. Unless they conjure up some unforeseen promos, I’d be surprised to get another 10k for the remainder of the year. T’was grand while it lasted.
Well, the promos WERE foreseen (see another thread about how I foresaw something close to what happened a couple months ago), and they mean that pretty much ALL restaurants have become 10 milers for at least the next year (or until they drop out, of course) -- but only for those active enough to qualify for the top tier of each dining program.

And as to idineries unexpectedly dropping, maybe it had something to do with them "knowing" (not explicitly, but through a new cost restructuring at their end) that they'd have to become 10 milers on July 1 or else drop out?

Anyway, I guess you have to resume your pig out right away, because you may only have one more year to do it, right?