Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great iDine Restaurants Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2007, 6:40 pm

Thai Tanic=Terrific

Originally Posted by Beckles
I was in DC a few weeks ago, and of course checked iDine for places to eat, I figured some place with such a cheesy name probably wouldn't be good.
I ate there yesterday, as I do every time I am in town.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:17 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Duckman
I ate there yesterday, as I do every time I am in town.
And you swear it's not just because Titanic is your favorite movie?
Old May 9, 2007, 6:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We were staying at Crystal City (Arlington VA) and found Jaleo - very nice Spanish food and tapas, as well as some nice Spanish wines. ¡Bravo!
Old May 25, 2007, 9:33 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; UA Golod; SPG; Hyatt Diamond; AA PLAT; MR gold
MKE - Roots (downtown). Fantastic food - organic / health focused.
Old May 25, 2007, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Found some really good ones here in LGB.

LGB - Los Angeles - South Bay/Long Beach/Central LA - L' Opera - terrific Italian spot near the convention center / Pine Ave.

LGB - Los Angeles - South Bay/Long Beach/Central LA - Madison - very good American in stunning former bank building with 30 ft ceilings near the convention center / Pine Ave.

LGB - Los Angeles - South Bay/Long Beach/Central LA - Lashers - interesting restaurant in former private home - try the fried green tomatoes in spicy Cajun sauce with andouille sausage

On this trip it has become so obvious to me that in some cities terrific restaurants are part of iDine whereas in some towns it is just the bad or mediocre places
Old May 27, 2007, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA, United, Alaska, AA
Xcaret Mexican Restaurant- SMF

SMF - Xcaret Mexican Restaurant (North Natomas). Brand new, nice decor, great service, relaxed, very good carnitas- five minute drive to airport.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 7:14 pm

Las Vegas: Mayfower at corner of Sahara ans Decatur.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 9:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
BOS - Rick's Cafe in Randolph, MA

It's out of the city, but the food is good, and more importantly, they sell discounted movie tickets for the Showcase Cinemas next door at $7 a ticket! (No expiration date for the tickets, no blackout movies, cash only). If you have a car, it's certainly worth a drive to the suburbs for an inexpensive dinner and discounted tickets. It's not fine dining, but it's a great deal.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 10:03 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gardener
LGB - Los Angeles - South Bay/Long Beach/Central LA - Madison - very good American in stunning former bank building with 30 ft ceilings near the convention center / Pine Ave.
I want to say I've been there ... something about a tray full of spilled drinks rings a bell ... or was that somewhere else in LGB?
Old Jul 4, 2007, 5:52 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by majikTib
BNA - Bistro 215 (Green Hills, next to mall) - http://www.bistro215.com

Excellent food, great for a business lunch. Valet Parking, 100% smoke free. Patio for outdoor dining available. Decent wine list with 4, 6, or 8oz. glasses

I've found a new favorite!
Just went to Hanabi (located in Brentwood, TN) , a new addition to the iDine family, and the food was great! I'll be honest, being from DC, I didn't think folks in Nashville knew how to do sushi but -wow- the place was busy and the food was top notch. I was really impressed!

One of my clients, and fellow iDiner, recommended this place and so we went there for lunch. Later that night, I went there for dinner too - like I said, I was impressed. Just so you know, it's kind of confusing to get to since it's in an office park.

For lunch, I tried 3 rolls - Caterpillar (presentation was excellent), Dragon and Bull's Eye (you'll love this if you like sushi AND fried foods). This was a lot of food. Have them bring out the rolls as they are made instead of bringing all the food out at once.

For dinner, I had some nigiri (very fresh) and the pork katsu (unbelievably tender and juicy). If you go there for dinner and are a dessert person, you will die and go to heaven when you try their tempura fried ice cream. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

I found this on the internet about them. Apparently, it is one of Nashville's top 10 favorite restaurants according to this food critic: http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....=2007706220367). Just in case the link doesn't work in the future, this is what Jim Myers, the local food critic had to say:

Hanabi Japanese Restaurant
214 Ward Circle, Brentwood, TN

Great sushi anchors this gem deeply hidden in the folds of Maryland Farms, but the native specialties such as unctuous hamachi kama (grilled yellowtail cheeks), and chawan mushi (a savory baked custard) mark it as truly authentic. The fact that it's a haunt for Japanese business types relocated to our automotive corridor attests to its quality.

Last edited by fried.food.is.good; Jul 4, 2007 at 5:56 pm Reason: fixed spelling errors
Old Jul 9, 2007, 8:31 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
While I would not define it as great, a very above average casual Italian chain in Greater - Los Angeles, is Spumoni. Visited the Calabasas location last night for the second time and all four of us gave it strong thumbs up.

Prices are in the $12-20 entree range, with a reasonably priced premium wine line. Service last night was excellent (the store was 85% full at 7pm).

There are five restaurants in this chain, but AFAIK only the Calabasas and Stevenson Ranch (Santa Clarita) locations are participating, per the MP Dining site.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Craig6z
While I would not define it as great, a very above average casual Italian chain in Greater - Los Angeles, is Spumoni. Visited the Calabasas location last night for the second time and all four of us gave it strong thumbs up.

Prices are in the $12-20 entree range, with a reasonably priced premium wine line. Service last night was excellent (the store was 85% full at 7pm).

There are five restaurants in this chain, but AFAIK only the Calabasas and Stevenson Ranch (Santa Clarita) locations are participating, per the MP Dining site.

So buy gift cards at the two outlets that do participate to use at the other locations.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
DFW/DAL - Plano - Zander's - Vietnamese Asian Fusion -- Great place when the company is paying.

DFW/DAL - Frisco - Down Under Pub and Grub - Australian theme, decent prices, excellent shrimp on the barbie.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by fried.food.is.good
Just went to Hanabi (located in Brentwood, TN) , a new addition to the iDine family, and the food was great! I'll be honest, being from DC, I didn't think folks in Nashville knew how to do sushi but -wow- the place was busy and the food was top notch. I was really impressed!.
Had to point out that your username is Fried Food, yet you are recommending a raw fish place! Ah, the irony.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:15 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
Had to point out that your username is Fried Food, yet you are recommending a raw fish place! Ah, the irony.
LOL! I still tried to stay true to my fried food ways by ordering fried rolls. Oh, and the fried ice cream dessert with pound cake was out of this world. I'm trying to finagle another trip down there soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.