FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great iDine Restaurants Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2007, 5:52 pm
fried.food.is.good

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by majikTib
BNA - Bistro 215 (Green Hills, next to mall) - http://www.bistro215.com

Excellent food, great for a business lunch. Valet Parking, 100% smoke free. Patio for outdoor dining available. Decent wine list with 4, 6, or 8oz. glasses

I've found a new favorite!
Just went to Hanabi (located in Brentwood, TN) , a new addition to the iDine family, and the food was great! I'll be honest, being from DC, I didn't think folks in Nashville knew how to do sushi but -wow- the place was busy and the food was top notch. I was really impressed!

One of my clients, and fellow iDiner, recommended this place and so we went there for lunch. Later that night, I went there for dinner too - like I said, I was impressed. Just so you know, it's kind of confusing to get to since it's in an office park.

For lunch, I tried 3 rolls - Caterpillar (presentation was excellent), Dragon and Bull's Eye (you'll love this if you like sushi AND fried foods). This was a lot of food. Have them bring out the rolls as they are made instead of bringing all the food out at once.

For dinner, I had some nigiri (very fresh) and the pork katsu (unbelievably tender and juicy). If you go there for dinner and are a dessert person, you will die and go to heaven when you try their tempura fried ice cream. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

I found this on the internet about them. Apparently, it is one of Nashville's top 10 favorite restaurants according to this food critic: http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....=2007706220367). Just in case the link doesn't work in the future, this is what Jim Myers, the local food critic had to say:

Hanabi Japanese Restaurant
214 Ward Circle, Brentwood, TN

Great sushi anchors this gem deeply hidden in the folds of Maryland Farms, but the native specialties such as unctuous hamachi kama (grilled yellowtail cheeks), and chawan mushi (a savory baked custard) mark it as truly authentic. The fact that it's a haunt for Japanese business types relocated to our automotive corridor attests to its quality.

Last edited by fried.food.is.good; Jul 4, 2007 at 5:56 pm Reason: fixed spelling errors