Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thrifty Promotions and Discounts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kooke
Check out autoslash.com. Basically, you make any reservation (cancel able, without paying upfront). Don't worry about promos and discount codes at this time. Your initial rate is going to be higher, since you're not applying any discounts upfront.

Then 'track' your reservation on autoslash. They'll do the hard work of figuring out which discount codes give you the best discount. A few days before you pick up your rental car, check out Hotwire and Priceline. If you're quoted a better rate than you have with Autoslash, go for it.

Since you don't rent frequently, I'd say stick with the better known brands like Avis, Hertz, National & Enterprise even if they cost a bit more. You might get a better rate renting from a neighborhood location rather than the airport. Maybe you can track multiple reservations on Autoslash, one with Airport pickup and another from a neighborhood location.

Although, its a slight detour on your way from Syracuse to Buffalo, if you have the time, be sure to check out the finger lakes region. Its beautiful.
thanks for the tips....the finger lakes area looks nice....will check it out if i get the chance....

the autoslash rep got in touch with me last month when i posted here....i've already made the reservation on autoslash & they have since reduced my rate further a couple of times....the neighborhood location is cheaper than the airport & suits me quite well since i can walk to the rental location from my apartment....

i still have a few months to go before the reservation & will be sure to check out priceline & hotwire closer to the rental dates....
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:44 am

Hi everyone,

looking for a code for MCO in October. Looking for a larger SUV/mini-van to drag my brood and my sister's for a few days. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:11 pm

thank u!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:11 pm

Not sure if this appears upstream but apparently Thrifty allows a free second driver if you are a blue chip member now.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:43 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Yes, but it’s only for a spouse. There is one page where it seems to indicate that it’s for anyone but there is a different page that clarifies that the benefit is for spouses only. We’ll try to dig it up later for posterity.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 1:57 pm

Does Thrifty still give free additional driver benefit for spouse - I see this last update in 2019? And, if so, is it possible to add the Blue Chip number at the time of pickup (if it wasn't added on booking with AutoSlash/Priceline)?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by intltravel90
Does Thrifty still give free additional driver benefit for spouse - I see this last update in 2019? And, if so, is it possible to add the Blue Chip number at the time of pickup (if it wasn't added on booking with AutoSlash/Priceline)?
Yes, Thrifty does still allow spouses drive for free assuming you are a Blue Chip member. You should be able to add it at the counter but their IT capabilities are somewhere between the original IBM PC and an Apple iMAC so YMMV.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 29, 2021, 5:37 am

Programs: Continental, BA
Does anyone know what is cdp 3070631?

I have it on one of my reservations. I am not sure how I end up there. I think it is from bluechip or one of discount email they sent. That place is sold out so want to make sure I am eligible and don’t give them a reason to deny a rental
Old May 29, 2021, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by boniam
Does anyone know what is cdp 3070631?

I have it on one of my reservations. I am not sure how I end up there. I think it is from bluechip or one of discount email they sent. That place is sold out so want to make sure I am eligible and don’t give them a reason to deny a rental
We've never seen that one before. The only info we can tell about it is that it gives a 15% discount. We doubt that they will hassle you too much over it in any case as that's a fairly standard discount for Thrifty.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 12:28 pm

pretty crappy Thrifty experience today in NYC. They share a garage with Hertz and in the past the cars have been pretty interchangeable but today Thrifty gave me a 2018 Rogue (with relatively low mileage, to be fair) and as I waited for it, I watched at least two brand new Rogues roll out for other customers (as well as new Escapes, CX-5s, etc.). "Different inventory," was the response.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 5:09 pm

Actually that makes perfect sense. In normal times, Dollar/Thrifty is supposed to be the cheaper, crappier, less rewarding, alternative. That usually means retired Hertz cars, aging with high mileage.

But Hertz is now dealing with the challenges of holding inventory and offering a differentiated customer experience. It sounds like the 2018 was one of the lease returns Hertz recently bought, to deal with the new car shortage. It would be on-brand to offer it to a discount channel, rather than through the premium counterpart, whenever possible.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 2:23 am

Hi,
Normally, I use Hertz for my rental cars. But, this summer, Hertz is our competition for a SUV in South Africa (17 days). Try to book on Thrifty.fr, but no cars available. Thrifty.co.za has cars available with limited mileage. Called the hotline, but the person can’t give any explanation (he checked with his supervisor also).
Does anyone has CDP and PC codes available ? Can we use the same as Hertz ? Î’m Flying blue platinum/Accor Platinum/Amex Gold/...
If I don’f Find, I will rent through Sunny cars or Rentalcars for the first time. Sunny cars looks working with BLUU and Rentalcars with 1First.
Autoslash don’t give any good rate this time. Thanks for your advice.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Potentially looking at booking at Thrifty for a 1 day rental in IAH in December. With AAA, and kids, has almost always been cheaper due to the benefits of using the AAA CDP, which includes a free toddler seat. Usually, I've found Hertz either on par with or cheaper than even Dollar/Thrifty, which I know are lower end brands in the Hertz portfolio...go figure.

Anyways, this time, Hertz is pretty high on base rate, and looking at renting through Thrifty, which supposedly provides the same or very similar AAA benefits. The 307... code above is technically a cheaper base rate, but only `$4 less than AAA, so should be cheaper with the car seat. However, when adding a toddler seat on the Thrifty site, it notates the full price, and booking through shows it, as well. Like I said, used to Hertz, which shows the 'no price available' when selecting a toddler seat, and then shows no charge on checkout. Never been charged for it.

I've double checked and notated the correct CDP is shown in the review page, so know the code is there. Anyone know if this is the norm with Thrifty, and if the seat charge should automatically come off at check out? Any experience would be helpful.

Also, anyone know if there is any sort of 'extension' provided with a slightly late return. With our arrival and departure time, ideally, we may want the car for 30 minutes (60 max) longer than the standard 24 hours. Anyone know if they do provide any sort of grace period for this, or if not, how I might be charged on return?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:26 pm

any new promo codes? Also, Anyone able to submit the best rate guarantee? I have used multiple browsers but nothing works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.