Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thrifty Promotions and Discounts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Finding a discount code for a BMW/Audi might be a bit of a problem since Thrifty doesn't rent higher-end vehicles like that. The nicest make/model is likely a Chrysler 300 LTD. If you want a BMW/Audi, you'd likely need to look at Hertz/Avis/National.

Hertz Prestige Collection
Avis Cool Cars

Note that pricing is likely to be much higher than standard models.
Not sure what global location you refer to - I am speaking about Thrifty UK.

The website clearly states BMW and Audi are part of their fleet. I have also had an email confirming the specs of their Audi A4 and BMW 3 Series and BMW M3 Estate.

**Note i neglected to state the rental location

http://www.thrifty.co.uk/cgi-bin/gen...=VG_Z&locname=

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thrif...-bmw-audi.html
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:25 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by stuabroad
Not sure what global location you refer to - I am speaking about Thrifty UK.

The website clearly states BMW and Audi are part of their fleet. I have also had an email confirming the specs of their Audi A4 and BMW 3 Series and BMW M3 Estate.

**Note i neglected to state the rental location

Sorry I thought you were talking about the U.S. I don't know any promo codes that work in the U.K. unfortunately.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: American ExPlt 4M, Marriott Plat
Is anyone aware of any discount codes for Curitiba, Brazil?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Toddhoop
Is anyone aware of any discount codes for Curitiba, Brazil?
Use promo code LAT05 for 5% off.

Note that can also track your rental at AutoSlash.com and we'll continue to look for lower rates.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
does anyone know if the USPR code still works(bonus 1500miles for 2 day rental)
its us air
Old Dec 22, 2012, 6:14 pm

Anyone got a code for MCO? Looks like Thrifty extended their convertible deal till Feb 28th...but no availability.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: AC E, BA Bronze, HHonors Gold
The Consolidated Thrifty Promotions and Discounts Thread

Anyone has a code for CUN? Looking to rent a car for a week beginning of February.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 1:17 pm

Does anybody have any other codes for LAX? I'll forever be grateful.

Also, I tried googling corporate accounts and I figured that 0010230368 gave a 20% of. But I do not work for that company and I am scared if I get into some kind of an accident I'll be screwed
Old May 19, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Not sure what this promo code is tied to or how long its valid for (found it on one of those coupon sites yesterday), but "CHEP" will give you 10% off a rental. I used it for a one weeknight rental (not at an airport) in Toronto so it doesn't appear that it is limited to the US.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:33 pm

Are all the mid size suvs in Spokane, WA 4x4.

We are heading up to Canada for a ski vacation and looking at flying into Spokane and renting a car.
Dates: 12/27-1/6
Rates: $539 Thrifty through Expedia or $384 direct on the Thrifty site

We will need an SUV as the roads will hopefully be snowy!!
I have previously used Hertz in the past and a combo or codes and AAA member savings and had good luck.

Anyone have suggestions? If you can help me save big I will gladly send you a nice gift in return.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by media310
Are all the mid size suvs in Spokane, WA 4x4.

We are heading up to Canada for a ski vacation and looking at flying into Spokane and renting a car.
Dates: 12/27-1/6
Rates: $539 Thrifty through Expedia or $384 direct on the Thrifty site

We will need an SUV as the roads will hopefully be snowy!!
I have previously used Hertz in the past and a combo or codes and AAA member savings and had good luck.

Anyone have suggestions? If you can help me save big I will gladly send you a nice gift in return.
I'd be surprised if that was that much of a differential between Expedia and Thrifty.com on price. You may be looking at the price before taxes on Thrifty. Be sure to go all the way to the final checkout screen on Thrifty.com to see the total rate.

The best way to find out if an Intermediate SUV is 4WD is to call the location. You can see all the Thrifty Spokane location numbers by clicking here.

We may be able to help you get the rate down. I'm seeing a discounted rate of $508 for a Standard SUV at Budget at the Spokane airport or $381 for an Intermediate SUV at the Budget Spokane in-city locations. PM us if interested.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:04 pm

Hello,

Looking to rent a car for the weekend in the Toronto Canada area, don't want to use personal vehicle insurance. Any codes to get free or minimize loss damage waiver costs? Hoping to rent at an off airport thrifty in Toronto but willing to travel to airport.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by dotca
Hello,

Looking to rent a car for the weekend in the Toronto Canada area, don't want to use personal vehicle insurance. Any codes to get free or minimize loss damage waiver costs? Hoping to rent at an off airport thrifty in Toronto but willing to travel to airport.

Thanks in advance.
There aren't any public codes that include LDW.

Some private corporate codes do, but I don't support using those. Plus, if you are involved in an incident, you may be found out and coverage voided.

If you are from overseas, certain European booking portals (including but not limited to thrifty.co.uk) may offer package rates that include LDW and liability.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
There aren't any public codes that include LDW.

Some private corporate codes do, but I don't support using those. Plus, if you are involved in an incident, you may be found out and coverage voided.

If you are from overseas, certain European booking portals (including but not limited to thrifty.co.uk) may offer package rates that include LDW and liability.
Thanks that is good advice, no point of having insurance if they try and negate it's coverage due to a private code. Thank you!

Perhaps you can help me save some $ on the rental. I'm using promo code # 603 pick up feb 14 drop off feb 18th. $130 for a Camry or similar and $149 for the Passat. Using Thornhill Steeles ave as the location (yyz is okay too).

Free additional driver could be of value.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by dotca
Thanks that is good advice, no point of having insurance if they try and negate it's coverage due to a private code. Thank you!

Perhaps you can help me save some $ on the rental. I'm using promo code # 603 pick up feb 14 drop off feb 18th. $130 for a Camry or similar and $149 for the Passat. Using Thornhill Steeles ave as the location (yyz is okay too).

Free additional driver could be of value.
How's $101 off-airport or $57 at YYZ?

YGPM!

ETA: Sorry, the rates I put above are for smaller cars, but the larger cars you're looking for (Camry/Passat) are only a few dollars more.

Last edited by AutoSlash; Feb 5, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.