Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Car Rental rewards - National v. Enterprise

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Many years of Hertz rental and my company now pushing us to National or Enterprise. I know the Enterprise downside, I can live with it. National not wonderful, hit or miss either way and bottom line in my case truthfully is a car is a car. As long as clean. Starting to rent from both, but hate to dilute my rewards benefit and want to stick basically with one. And I want to base it on rewards program benefit. Neither website is especially clear in helping with that decision. I can apply my rentals to either program, but the rewards then stay exclusively there.

Once a year I need a supplemental van for family visiting. Hertz now about depleted. I rent maybe 18-20 times a year, 3-4 days per trip. Add to the variables that National is only at the airport where I live and that is pain in the neck (half hour) to pick up and return, second driver needed, etc. Enterprise happens to have a newer, clean, nice, user-friendly location 6 minutes from my house. I used them for a 3-day out-of-pocket rental recently. I've also used them at other in-city locations for 1-2 day driving biz trips and I thought they were going to strip-search and then flog me to confess something about my background that would disqualify me renting (signing over the car I drove there in seemed to loosen the interrogation a bit

I 'm trying to kick this around in my head. Hate to end up with 4 free days at National and 3 free days at Enterprise when I need 7 total "somewhere". Thoughts or knowledge sabout th eprogram that is helpful?
Old May 15, 2019, 2:43 am

Your rambling post aside, I think National has the best rewards program in the business. It's based on number of rentals, not $ spent. Reward days are (I believe) always usable - no blackouts and they work on one-ways. And the Emerald Aisle is unmatched even by Hertz. You can rent with Enterprise using your National account, and the rewards credits will be applied to your National account.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 9:45 am

No contest, what's 2 kick?

Originally Posted by Perqs Help
I 'm trying to kick this around in my head.
National. Period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.