Best bet to rent a subaru at SFO?

Old May 5, 19, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Best bet to rent a subaru at SFO?

Hi all -

Was wondering if any of you know which of the rental agencies at SFO would be a good bet to be able to rent a Subaru? In NYC I've had good luck with the Thrifty down the street - so maybe them? It's a bit hard to know as I can't dial any of the SFO rental offices directly ...

In case anyone is wondering it seems like the Subarus must come with a lot of features by default - so far the few times I've rented them (from different locations) they've all had pretty slick adaptive cruise control, which I like a lot and is helpful on longer drives.

Thanks!
trooper likes this.
Old May 5, 19, 4:41 pm

Programs: NZ *G
I own one and can understand! Makes a long drive MUCH less fatiguing IMO.
Old May 5, 19, 11:20 pm

Saw some Subarus making an appearance in the Hertz fleet - but that's in FL.
Old May 5, 19, 11:44 pm

Subarus aren't all that common as rental cars. I think most (if not all) Toyotas now have adaptive cruise control as a standard feature.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 7, 19, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
The Rav4 has standard adaptive cruise for 2019.

Subarus are rare outside of the Northeast in rental fleets from what I've seen.
Old May 7, 19, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
They do have Porsche 911's though
Live a little!
trooper likes this.
Old May 12, 19, 10:54 am

Yeah plenty cars with adaptive cruise control nowadays. This year alone I had Passat, Fusion, Rav4, Corolla, Santa Fe (def some more but can't recall now) all with ACC.
Old May 23, 19, 7:01 am

Location: Never far from an international airport, unless I'm far from home
Programs: MileagePlus, Hilton Honors, National Emerald Club. Wegmans Shoppers Club.
Originally Posted by noahsi View Post
Hi all -

Was wondering if any of you know which of the rental agencies at SFO would be a good bet to be able to rent a Subaru? In NYC I've had good luck with the Thrifty down the street - so maybe them? It's a bit hard to know as I can't dial any of the SFO rental offices directly ...

In case anyone is wondering it seems like the Subarus must come with a lot of features by default - so far the few times I've rented them (from different locations) they've all had pretty slick adaptive cruise control, which I like a lot and is helpful on longer drives.

Thanks!
Depending on city, National, and Alamo, may have them in the fleets.

Search this Thread